Kent "KT" Thiry (born February 2, 1956) is Chairman and CEO of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500 company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. The management philosophy that Kent has created has been discussed and shared in various forums including business school case studies, national periodicals and speeches.
- Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, leadership is in the eyes of the led.
Vanderbilt Commencement Address (2011)
- While growing your management skill...you set out to learn more about business. To grow yourself as a leader is a human thing. For that you must set out to learn more about humans, and yourself.
- Speak your dreams, no one climbs a mountain accidentally.
- [When it comes to leadership] intentionality rules.
- Leadership is not a function of position, it is a function of behavior.
- Need a hero? Check out DaVita's Kent Thiry, Washington Post (July 26, 2010)
- The Dialysis Business: Fair Treatment?, New York Times
- Forbes profile
- Executive edge: Kent Thiry, Colorado Business Magazine (June 1, 2011)