Joshua Waitzkin (born 4 December 1976) is an American chess player, martial arts competitor, and author. He is the subject of a major motion picture, Searching for Bobby Fischer, a movie based on the book Searching for Bobby Fischer: The Father of a Prodigy Observes the World of Chess, by his father, Fred Waitzkin.
- My first teachers were street players, guys who would hustle you, get in your head, break you down mentally before they did it over the board.
- Our minds are all different and I believe cultivating a keen introspective sensitivity is absolutely essential in discovering our potential.
- I think we are at our best when we work with our natural eruptions, use them as fuel for the fire.
- I love the play between the conscious and unconscious minds in the creative moment, and for me chess and the martial arts are both about developing a rich working relationship with your intuition.
Quotes about WaitzkinEdit
- Josh writes almost from a position of wonder, a person who admires thunderstorms and violent seas, he ponders the life lessons through which he has progressed, appraises, incorporates and evolves methods to deal with harsh reality and learn to use it to one’s own benefit.