James Arthur "Jim" Gibbons (born December 16, 1944) is the 28th Governor of the U.S. state of Nevada. A Republican, he is a former member of the United States House of Representatives from 1997 to 2006.
- Tree-hugging, Birkenstock-wearing, hippie, tie-dyed liberals [in Hollywood should]… go make their movies and their music and whine somewhere else…. It's just too damn bad we didn't buy them a ticket [to become human shields in Iraq]."
- Fox News, March 04, 2005, 
- Anybody who is against that obviously must be a communist.
- On corporate-funded celebrations; MSNBC, Jan 19, 2005 
- Look at the movie 'Wag the Dog, I think this has all the elements of that movie. Our reaction to the embassy bombings should be based on sound, credible evidence, not a knee-jerk reaction to try to direct public attention away from his personal problems.
- On the Monica Lewinsky Scandal; Tokoma Tribune, 1998.; Gibbons thought Clinton was too aggressive in taking on the terrorist threat posed by Al Qaida.
- One volcano in Hawaii, one volcano in Indonesia, produces enough gases in the atmosphere, which include those natural elements that are in the Earth's crust, that, uh, kind of make all the, you know, the science that we have about what we produce, moot.