Rev. Professor James Barr (20 March 1924 – 14 October 2006) was a Scottish Old Testament scholar.
- We shall work not on the macrocosmic scale of the literary forms, but on the microcosmic scale of the lexical forms.
- Comparative Philology and the Text of the Old Testament, p.10
- This book is therefore consecrated to the deeper and fuller study of that linguistic world in which the Hebrew Bible is set.
- Comparative Philology and the Text of the Old Testament, p.304
- The problem here is not so much a historical one, more a terminological and philosophical one.
- The Variable Spellings of the Hebrew Bible, p.92
Last modified on 18 May 2013, at 17:15