- We shall work not on the macrocosmic scale of the literary forms, but on the microcosmic scale of the lexical forms.
- Comparative Philology and the Text of the Old Testament, p. 10
- This book is therefore consecrated to the deeper and fuller study of that linguistic world in which the Hebrew Bible is set.
- Comparative Philology and the Text of the Old Testament, p. 304
- The problem here is not so much a historical one, more a terminological and philosophical one.
- The Variable Spellings of the Hebrew Bible, p. 92