Irving Berlin (1888–1989) was an American composer and lyricist.
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know.
- Song White Christmas
- It's February the 22nd
And I can't tell a lie.
- Song Washington's Birthday
- A patriotic song is an emotion and you must not embarrass an audience with it, or they will hate your guts.
- Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it.
- Never hate a song that's sold a half million copies.
- Our attitudes control our lives. Attitudes are a secret power working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force.
- Talent is only the starting point.
- The toughest thing about success is that you've got to keep on being a success.
- There's an element of truth in every idea that lasts long enough to be called corny.
- There's no business like show business."
- All good song-writers have no more than half a dozen good tunes in their systems, and if they have that many, they are liberally blessed.