Ice Station Zebra
Commander James Ferraday
- We operate on a first name basis. My first name is Captain.
- If there's one thing that cannot happen on board a submarine by accident it's both ends of a torpedo tube being open to the sea at the same time!
- All right sir, I'm impressed. Not enlightened, but impressed.
- Jones, bad name, bad connotations. I once killed a man named Jones – though not for that reason, of course.
- I know how to lie, steal, kidnap, counterfeit, suborn and kill. That's my job. I do it with great pride.
- The Russians put our camera made by our German scientists and your film made by your German scientists into their satellite made by their German scientists.
Last modified on 20 November 2012, at 16:22
↑Jump back a section
- Jones: Can I ask you a question?
- Ferraday [just before he walks out of the room]: Yes you can.
- Vaslov: It seems almost benevolent.
- Ferraday: In that state, yes. Confined, controlled, shielded. But it is nuclear fission and it hates being confined even more than you do.