Ice Age: Continental Drift (also known as Ice Age 4: Continental Drift or simply as Ice Age 4) is a 2012 American 3-D computer-animated adventure/comedy film directed by Steve Martino and Mike Thurmeier.
It is the fourth installment of the Ice Age series, being produced by Blue Sky Studios and distributed by 20th Century Fox, and the first sequel not to be directed by Carlos Saldanha. It was the second Ice Age that utilises Digital 3D. It is scheduled to be released in the US on July 13, 2012, three to six years after its predecessors The Meltdown and Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and ten years after the release of the original Ice Age. This was the first Ice Age film to be shot in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
- [shouting] How big is this OCEAN?!
- [referring to Peaches] No teenager is ever up early.
- [to Crash and Eddie] You two were supposed to be responsible uncles!
- [as the ice shelf breaks off] Ellie, you have to get out here! Go! Go now! Stay alive! No matter how long it takes, I will find you!
- [kind of dryly; to Gutt] Look, as much as I'm tempted to join a monkey, the Easter Bunny and a giant bag of pudding, I'll pass. No one is gonna stop me from getting back to my family.
- Holy crab!
- Did somebody hail a whale?
- We fought dinosaurs in the Ice Age. It made no sense, but it sure was exciting.
- Deep down I knew I wasn't abandoned.
- I don't know what's wrong with me, I can't eat, I can't sleep. I think I'm coming down with something.
- [to Sid's family; after the log-sled ride] That was fun. Now, who should I eat first?
- [referring to her and Sid] They think we're screw-ups and we can't do anything right.
- Has anyone seen Precious? It's her feeding time.
- Ha, who says old ladies can't drive?
- [angrily] I'll bury y'all and dance on your grave!
- [seeing the narwhals] Y'all got some ugly goldfish.
- Sacrificing yourself for your daughter. How touching. And predictable.
- I need warriors, and all I have are kitty cats and bunny rabbits!
- Grab your weapons, mates! [as his crew raises their weapons] Not the spoon, Flynn.
- Buck: [first lines of the film, riding Rudy] Yee-haw!
- Raz: G'day, Mate.
- Ariscratle: Stop, brother! Rise above this base desire. Be more than a rodent.
- Louis: You never leave your friend behind.
- Milton: [about Granny] And warn the community. She tends to wander!
- Squint: Hit the mammoth, win a prize!
- Milton: We just knew Sid would want to see his poor dear Granny before... her time is up.
- Flynn: [panicking] They sank our battleship, what are we gonna do? We're all gonna drown!
- Manny: [after catching Peaches hanging out with Ethan when she isn't allowed to] Peaches, come on, let's talk about this.
- Peaches: How could you embarrass me in front of my friends?
- Manny: You deliberately went where you weren't supposed to!
- Peaches: [scoffs angrily] You can't control my life!
- Manny: I'm trying to protect you! That's what fathers do!
- Peaches: Well... I wish you weren't my father!
- [Manny is stunned and hurt by her words]
- Ellie: She's just upset, honey. [to her daughter] Peaches, it's not the end of the world.
- Peaches: So tell me, when exactly will I be allowed to hang out with boys?
- Manny: When I'm dead. Plus three days, just to make sure I'm dead.
- Gastornis bird chicks: When you drink water through your trunk, does it taste like boogers?
- Ellie: Well... Sometimes, now let's move!
- Sid: My mother once told me that bad news is just good news in disguise.
- Diego: Was this before she abandoned you?
- Sid: Yes it was.
- Captain Gutt: Surrender your ship or face my fury!
- Sid: Or face your furry what?
- Captain Gutt: Not furry, fury!
- Captain Gutt: Morning, sunshine! Let me be the first to give you the Hand of Friendship.
- Manny: That's your foot. [it's revealed that Gutt is standing on his hands]
- Captain Gutt: Oh, nothing goes by you, does it?
- Captain Gutt: I need warriors, and all I have are kitty cats and bunny rabbits!
- Flynn: And a seal and a kangaroo.
- Shira: You're pretty soft for a saber.
- Diego: Excuse me? I'm not soft, okay? I happen to be remorseless assassin.
- Sid: Diego-poo! Hey, I made you another coral necklace. He keeps losing them. Hee-hee!
- Shira: Two sloths, a mammoth and a saber? You guys are like the start of a bad joke.
- Diego: And we, saved you, so that makes you the punchline, Kitty.
- Shira: Don't call me Kitty.
- Diego: Okay, I won't, Kitty.
- Granny: If they kiss, I'm gonna puke!
- Manny: Just keep your eyes on the horizon.
- Diego: I can't find the Horizon.
- Peaches: [on the verge of tears] What if I never see him again? And the last thing we did was fight.
- Ellie: Hey! Your father is the toughest, most stubborn mammoth I've ever met. He'll come back for us. That's a promise.
- Manny: I can't believe this! You slept through that storm!
- Granny: Nah. I slept through the comet that killed the unicorns. [jumps into the ocean] Thanks for drawing my bath, Sidney.
- Sid: Granny, grab my paw.
- Granny: No way. This is my first bath in decades. [oil-rainbow stain appears around her as fish and a shark float up dead]
- Diego: There's your proof.
- Sid: Quick! Somebody do something!
- [Manny throws Sid in the water]
- Sid: I got you, Granny.
- Granny: [fighting Sid off with her stick] Get off of me!
- Sid: [as he gets her back on the ice berg] Ow, ow, ow, ow! Granny!
- Granny: [to Manny and Diego] What are you peeping toms all looking at? [Manny and Diego turn around] A lady can't take a bath in peace? Eyeballing me like a rump roast.
- Diego: What's the life expectancy for a female sloth?
- Manny: She'll outlive us all, you know that, right? Yeah, the spifeful ones live the longest.
- Ethan: [after the gang escapes the collapsed tunnel] Yo, that was insane! Hey Peach, loosen up; have some fun.
- Peaches: [disgusted] Fun?! You call that fun? I'm outta here!
- Steffie: Come on, I mean do you really want to go back to hanging out with a weird molehog for a week than getting along with us?
- Ethan: I mean, it's bad enough that your family's half possum...
- Peaches: Bad enough?! There's nothing bad about being part of my family. I like hanging by my tail and if you geniuses are normal, the species is going to end up extinct!
- Louis: [after Crash and Eddie fling themselves from trees onto the ground] Can I ask you guys something? How are you both so happy; doesn't it weigh on you that the world might be ending?
- Crash: Can I tell him our secret? [Eddie nods] Come here, come here... we're very, very... stupid!
- Louis: But still, you're not a teensy bit concerned about... I don't know, say imminent death!
[Last lines of the film]
- Captain Gutt's Siren: Oh, Captain Gutt...
- Captain Gutt: That's me!
- Captain Gutt's Siren: Let's rule the seas together...
- Captain Gutt: Aye, aye... [a female ape revealed as a siren] Huh?! [siren grabs Captain Gutt and eats him alive]
- When the Earth falls apart, history's greatest heroes will keep it together.
- Wild and wooly.
- Sweet and sour.
- This summer, the end of the world, is just a tip of the iceberg.
- Ray Romano — Manny (voice)
- John Leguizamo — Sid (voice)
- Denis Leary — Diego (voice)
- Queen Latifah — Ellie (voice)
- Seann William Scott — Crash (voice)
- Josh Peck — Eddie (voice)
- Chris Wedge — Scrat (voice)
- Karen Disher — Scratte (voice)
- Keke Palmer — Peaches (voice)
- Jennifer Lopez — Shira (voice)
- Peter Dinklage — Captain Gutt (voice)
- Wanda Sykes — Granny (voice)
- Josh Gad — Louis (voice)
- Drake — Ethan (voice)
- Aziz Ansari — Squint (voice)
- Nicki Minaj — Steffie (voice)
- Ester Dean — Sloth Siren (voice)
- Rebel Wilson — Raz (voice)
- Joy Behar — Eunice (voice)
- Nick Frost — Flynn (voice)
- Heather Morris — Katie (voice)
- Ally Romano — Meghan (voice)
- Alan Tudyk — Milton (voice)
- Kunal Nayyar — Gupta (voice)
- Alain Chabat — Silas (voice)
- Eddie "Piolín" Sotelo — Fungus (voice)
- Ben Gleib — Marshall (voice)
- Jason Fricchione — Dumb Mammoth/Various/Crab/Announcer (voices)
- Patrick Stewart — Ariscratle (voice)
- Simon Pegg — Buck (cameo; voice)
- Christopher Campbell — Creature Siren / Various (voice)
- George Jacobs — Beaver (voice)
Read in another language
This page is available in 2 languages