Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is a 1989 film about four kids who mistakenly get shrunken to 1/4 of an inch tall and must cross a backyard which is dangerous and similar to a jungle for them due to their microscopic size.
- Directed by: Joe Johnston.
- Nick: I'm on a special diet. No toxic waste.
- Russell 'Russ' Thompson, Sr.: When I was your age, I put on twenty pounds of pure unadulterated blitz-the-quarterback-and-rip-his-head-off muscle, Russell!
- Wayne: Wait a second, Nick doesn't play baseball.
- Nick: Hey, wait! I get it...French Class! (laughs)
Last modified on 8 September 2012, at 19:59
↑Jump back a section
- Amy: Nick, what did you do?
- Nick: Me? It was his ball!
- Ronald 'Ron' Thompson: Shut up, wimp!
- Amy: I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.
- Nick: I don't think we're in the food chain anymore, Dorothy.
- [Nick falls into a flower]
- Amy: Nick, get out of there. You're allergic to pollen.
- Nick: It's too big. I'm too little to breathe it in.
- [Nick sniffs the flower's pollen; he does a little sneeze]
- [Wayne shows the Thompsons the shrunken furniture]
- Mae Thompson: Why didn't you tell us about this earlier?
- Diane: Well, up until now, the machine just... blew things up.
- Mae Thompson: Are you saying that that machine...?
- Russell 'Russ' Thompson, Sr.: Blew up my kids?
- Wayne & Diane: No, no!
- Wayne: No, if the machine had blown up the kids, there'd be pieces of them everywhere...
- Diane: Wayne!
- Wayne: Sorry, but I'm positive about this. The machine shrunk our kids.
- Russell 'Russ' Thompson, Sr.: You're the one who needs a "shrink", Szalinski! You are a nutcase. And I'll tell you something: I have got an air hammer in my attic, and if you did do something to my kids, there's gonna be pieces of you all over the neighborhood! Come on, Mae!
- [Russ Sr. storms out of the house, taking Mae with him]
- Wayne: I think that went well.
- Diane: I think we should have them over more often.
- Ronald 'Ron' Thompson: Your dad will go to jail, your mother too. After all she paid for, that makes her accomplice. Do you even know what it's like in jail?
- Amy: I'm not even going to tell you one more time to shut up.
- Ronald 'Ron' Thompson: And then what? You'll smack me? You'll go to jail. I'll tell them after a big bee ate my brother you smacked me around. No jury in the world would fail to convict you. The whole Szalinski family is going to be in jail for life...
- Amy: Look, my dad's invention works and so when we get home and he fixes us, we're gonna be so rich. You're gonna regret this.
- Ronald 'Ron' Thompson: Um... Amy, you know I've always liked your family. Your dad's a real nice guy. He's not as weird as I thought he was. I love you and Nick like... Like my own brother and sister.
- Russell 'Russ' Thompson, Jr.: So, you like to dance?
- Amy: Yeah... You could see me?
- Russell 'Russ' Thompson, Jr.: Well, no... Well yeah, yeah I could see you... But I wasn't watching you. I...
- [the ground starts to vibrate beneath the kids' feet]
- Ronald 'Ron' Thompson: EARTHQUAKE!!
- Nick: No worse, LAWNMOWER!!