Homeland (TV series)
Homeland (2011–) is a drama/thriller series, airing on Showtime, about a Central Intelligence Agency officer who has come to believe that a U.S. Marine, who was held captive by Al-Qaeda as a prisoner of war, was turned by the enemy and now threatens the United States. The series was developed for American television by Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa and is based on the Israeli series Hatufim (English title: Prisoners of War) created by Gideon Raff.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Saul: What were his exact words, please?
- Carrie: An American prisoner of war has been turned.
- Saul: He said this in English?
- Carrie: Yes, he whispered it into my ear right before the guards pulled me away.
- Saul: Why would he use the expression "turned"?
- Carrie: He mentioned turned, working for Abu Nazir.
- Saul: Why am I just hearing about this now?
- Carrie: Because until ten minutes ago, I didn't know there were any POWs alive in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Saul: So you're suggesting that Abu Nazir planted intelligence on his own safehouse just so we could recover Sergeant Brody?
- Carrie: I realize it sounds like a reach.
- Saul: To say the least. Why not just drop him near a checkpoint and make it look like he escaped? Why would you sacrifice thirteen trained fighters?
- Carrie: Because Abu Nazir is playing the long game. This way no one suspects a thing.
- Saul: Except you.
- Carrie: Yeah, except me!
- Carrie: I-I'm just making sure we don't get hit again.
- Saul: Well, I'm glad someone's looking out for the country, Carrie.
- Carrie: I'm serious. I-I missed something once before, I won't... I can't let that happen again.
- Saul: It was ten years ago. Everyone missed something that day.
- Carrie: Yeah, everyone's not me.
- Jessica: You punched a reporter.
- Brody: Oh, he'll live.
- Jessica: In front of Chris.
- Brody: He'll live, too.
Clean Skin [1.03]
Semper I [1.04]
Blind Spot [1.05]
- Saul: It's been a very complicated day.
- Mira: Your life is a very complicated day.
The Good Soldier [1.06]
The Weekend [1.07]
Achilles Heel [1.08]
Representative Brody [1.10]
The Vest [1.11]
- Brody: [to Dana] I have this feeling things are going to get pretty wild soon. Your mom's going to need you. When I'm not around. Promise me you'll watch out for her.
- Carrie: Somewhere down there, there's a tiny sliver of green just taking its time. This is how everything works. You wait. You lay low. And then you come to life.
Marine One [1.12]
- Brody: [in a recorded message] My name is Nicholas Brody and I'm a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. I have a wife, and two kids, who I love. By the time you watch this, you'll have read a lot of things about me, about what I've done, and so I wanted to explain myself, so that you'll know the truth.
- Estes: The world changed, Saul, right under your nose.
- Carrie: "[After Saul sends a team of agents to contain her]" Virgil, am I crazy?
- Virgil: Look, you know you are.
The Smile [2.01]
- Saul: Thanks for getting back.
- Carrie: I'm guessing this isn't a social call.
- Saul: No.
- Carrie: What's going on?
- Saul: I can't talk. We're on an open line, but we need your help. I know, I hate myself for even asking.
- Carrie: Well can't it wait until tomorrow?
- Saul: I'm afraid not. David Estes is sitting outside your house right now.
- Carrie: Well tonight is Thursday. I cook dinner for the family on Thursdays. I'm making vegetable lasagna with vegetables I picked this morning from the garden. [sighs] Don't make me talk to him, Saul. I don't ever want to see him again. I've put all that away.
- Saul: Please, Carrie.
- David: I want you to know, Carrie, this is much appreciated.
- Carrie: Let's just get it over with, okay?
- David: [places folder on the table] There's a photo inside I'd like you to take a look at. Do you recognize her?
- Carrie: Yeah, I recognize her. Why?
- David: Who is she?
- Carrie: Fatima Ali, first wife of Abbas Ali.
- David: The Hezbollah district commander. How do you know her?
- Carrie: I recruited her, that's how.
- David: Yet there's no record of her being an asset of yours.
- Carrie: I ran her off book.
- David: Why?
- Carrie: Because I was interested in keeping her alive.
- Maggie: Carrie, please. This is crazy.
- Carrie: Believe me, I wouldn't be going if I had a choice.
- Maggie: You do have a choice. You always have a choice.
- Carrie: No, not this time.
- Maggie: Carrie, you're just starting to get back on your feet. You're not ready for this.
- Carrie: Don't you think I know that?
- Maggie: Regular sleep and meals, avoiding stress, a schedule. These are the things that have been working so well for you. At least call Doctor Rosenberg before you make a decision.
- Carrie: I've already decided.
- Maggie: I don't understand how you can trust these people for one minute after what they did to you.
- Carrie: I trust Saul. He'll be there to hold my hand and it's only for a few days.
- Maggie: You say this is about patriotism, but we both know that's not the whole story. Part of you wants to do this.
Beirut Is Back [2.02]
- Carrie: Why did you stop calling, Saul?
- Saul: Doctor Rosenberg said I reminded you of work. I was having a deleterious affect on your prognosis.
- Carrie: [smiles] That sounds like him.
- Saul: Ever think we'd be doing this again?
- Carrie: I hoped. I know, I know. Don't get used to it.
- Saul: [to Carrie] Hey, your source came through. I won't have you call this anything but a victory.
State of Independence [2.03]
- Jessica: Was there really a union meeting in your district today?
- Brody: Yes.
- Jessica: Where? What town? Don't answer that. I don't want to hear another lie.
- Brody: I'm not lying.
- Jessica: They just roll off your tongue, don't they? One after the other. I really thought we turned a corner this morning. You're hiding something. I can see it in your eyes. Now either you tell me what's going on --
- Brody: There's nothing going on --
- Jessica: Or I suggest you start looking for a hotel room! And while you're at it, you give this marriage some serious thought, because I don't think I can do this anymore.
- Carrie: You're not in Beirut?
- Saul: Came straight here from the airport. I hear you were turned away from the debrief at Langley today.
- Carrie: I was the one who recovered that intel. He wouldn't even let me present it!
- Saul: Well, I can only imagine how shitty that must have felt. Still feels.
- Carrie: Before the Beirut trip, I really thought I'd finally found a way to cope with being out of the company.
- Saul: Before you dig that hole any deeper, I have to show you something. Is this your computer?
- Carrie: Yeah.
- Saul: [removes a flash drive from his breast pocket] Here. I'll only fuck it up. That's the one piece of intel recovered in Beirut that Estes and his men haven't seen yet. I came straight from the airport because I think you deserve to see it first.
- [Carrie inserts the flash drive and presses play]
- Brody: [pre-recorded video] This is Nicholas Brody and I'm a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. People will say I was broken, I was brainwashed. People will say I was turned into a terrorist.
- Carrie: Oh my God.
- Brody: Taught to hate my country. My actions this day is against such domestic enemies. The vice-president and members of his national security team, who I know to be liars and war criminals --
- Carrie: [quietly] I was right.
- Brody: -- who are responsible for atrocities they must be held accountable for.
- Saul: [whispers] You were right.
- Brody: This is about justice for eighty-two children whose deaths were never acknowledged and whose murder is a stain on the soul of this nation.
- Carrie: [crying] I was right.
New Car Smell [2.04]
- Carrie: It reeks, you know.
- Brody: My confusion?
- Carrie: Your bullshit. We only have a few more minutes alone.
- Brody: You still have your twisted theories about me, don't you?
- Carrie: Not theories anymore.
- Brody: Look, I'm sorry I called. I guess I thought we could be friends.
- Carrie: Friends?! Oh, yeah. Do I want to be friends with a demented ex-soldier that hates America? Who decided strapping on a bomb was the answer to what ailed him? Despite his daughter, his son, people who loved him in real life, not in the mind-fuck world of Abu Nazir, who in the end, didn't have the stones to go through with it, but had no problem sending me to the nuthouse. Yeah. No, thanks. I don't think I need a friend like that.
- Brody: Okay. Not friends.
- Carrie: So what are you going to do now? Are you going to kill me? You going to blame it on rough sex maybe? I mean, how long can you get away with something like that?
- Brody: I've had a pretty good run so far.
- Carrie: That's true.
- Brody: I seem to be good at this, if nothing else.
- Carrie: You're special.
- Brody: I liked you, Carrie.
- Carrie: I loved you.
- [Team breaks in and wrestles Brody to the floor, cuffing him]
- Carrie: If only the circumstances had been wildly different. You're a disgrace to your nation, Sergeant Nicholas Brody. You're a traitor and a terrorist, and now it's time you pay for that.
- Carrie: [to Brody] You broke my heart, you know. Was that easy for you? Was that fun? Because of you, I questioned my own sanity, I had myself admitted to a mental institution. I lost my job, too. I lost my place in the world. I lost everything.
- Carrie: [to Brody] It was hearing Dana’s voice that changed your mind, wasn’t it? She asked you to come home and you did. Why? Maybe because… Maybe because you suddenly understood that killing yourself and ruining Dana’s life wouldn’t bring Isa back. Maybe because you knew then how much you loved your own child. Maybe because you were just sick of death. That’s the Brody I’m talking to. That’s the Brody that knows the difference between warfare and terrorism. That’s the Brody I met up in that cabin. That’s the Brody I fell in love with.
A Gettysburg Address [2.06]
The Clearing [2.07]
I'll Fly Away [2.08]
Two Hats [2.09]
Broken Hearts [2.10]
In Memoriam [2.11]
The Choice [2.12]
- Claire Danes - Carrie Mathison
- Damian Lewis - Nicholas Brody
- Mandy Patinkin - Saul Berenson
- Morena Baccarin - Jessica Brody
- David Harewood - David Estes
- Rupert Friend - Peter Quinn
- Morgan Saylor - Dana Brody
- Diego Klattenhoff - Mike Faber
- Jamey Sheridan - William Walden
- James Rebhorn - Frank Mathison, Carrie's father
- David Marciano - Virgil
- Navid Negahban - Abu Nazir
- Zuleikha Robinson - Roya Hammad
- Jackson Pace - Chris Brody