Henry L. Stimson (September 21, 1867 – October 20, 1950) was an American statesman, who served as Secretary of War, Governor-General of the Philippines, and Secretary of State at various times.
- The only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him; and the surest way to make him untrustworthy is to distrust him and show your distrust.
- The Bomb and the Opportunity (March 1946)
- Gentlemen don't read each other's mail.
- On Active Service in Peace and War (1948)
- The only deadly sin I know is cynicism.
- On Active Service in Peace and War (1948), Introduction