Henry Fairfield Osborn (August 8, 1857 – November 6, 1935) was an American geologist, paleontologist, and eugenicist. He described and named the Ornitholestes in 1903, Tyrannosaurus rex in 1905, the Pentaceratops in 1923, and the Velociraptor in 1924.
- See also: From the Greeks to Darwin
- But the voice of anatomy, like the voice of all nature, never reaches the mental ear of the Great Commoner. It is the novel province of anatomy to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about the structure, the origin and the history of man.
- as stated in "Evolution and Religion in Education: Polemics of the Fundamentalist" on page 138, by Henry Fairfield Osborn, published in 1926. Also stagted in the "New York Times" on July 12 1925, page 1.
- This chain of human ancestors was totally unknown to Darwin. He could not have even dreamed of such a flood of proof and truth.
- as quoted in "Summer for the Gods" on page 7, by Edward J. Larson, published in 2006. Originally stated in "Evolution and Religion in Education" (1926), page 41.
- Care for the race, even if the individual must suffer -- this must be the keynote of our future. This was the guiding principle which underlay all the discussions of the Second International Congress of Eugenics in 1921. Not quantity but quality must be the aim in the development of each nation, to make men fit to maintain their places in the struggle for existence. We must be concerned above all with racial values; every race must seek out and develop and improve its own racial characteristics. Racial consciousness is not pride of race, but proper respect for the Purity of race is today found in but one nation -- the Scandinavian.
- as stated in "The World's Work: A History of Our Time" on page 253, by Walter Hines Page and Arthur Wilson Page, published in 1924. Also stated in "Man Rises to Parnassus" (1928), pages 220-221
- We have to be reminded over and over again that Nature is full of paradoxes.
- as stated in "The Evolution Deceit: The Scientific Collapse of Darwinism" on page 84 by Hârun Yahya, published 2001.