Hedy Lamarr (9 November 1913 – 19 January 2000) was an Austrian-born American actress. Though known primarily for her great beauty on camera, she also co-invented an early form of spread spectrum communications technology, a key to modern wireless communication.
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.
- As quoted in The Stars (1962) by Richard Schickel
Popcorn in Paradise (1980)
- Quotes of Lamarr from Popcorn in Paradise : The Wit and Wisdom of Hollywood (1980) by John Robert Colombo, p. 67
- I win because I learned years ago that scared money always loses. I never care, so I win.
- I was the highest-priced and most important star in Hollywood, but I was "difficult."
- To be a star is~to own the world and all the people in it. After a taste of stardom, everything else is poverty.
- Hedy Lamarr at the Internet Movie Database
- Hedy Lamarr at Reel Classics
- Hedy Lamarr foundation
- Inventions.org page on Hedy Lamarr
- Interview with Hedy Lamarr biographer Patrick Agan
- "Advanced Weaponry of the Stars" by Prof. Hans-Joachim Braun in Invention & Technology (an article about Hedy Lamarr's patent)
- Annual Inventor's Day on her Birthday
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language