Hassan Nasrallah (born 1960) is the current Secretary General of the Lebanese Islamist party Hezbollah.
- And on this last day of the century, I promise Israel that it will see more suicide attacks, for we will write our history with blood.
- Even if [an agreement] is signed we will continue to view [Israel] as an illegitimate and illegal entity”
- I am against any reconciliation with Israel. I do not even recognize the presence of a state that is called "Israel." I consider its presence both unjust and unlawful.
- As we see, this is an illegal state; it is a cancerous entity and the root of all the crises and wars and cannot be a factor in bringing about a true and just peace in this region. Therefore, we cannot acknowledge the existence of a state called Israel, not even far in the future, as some people have tried to suggest. Time does not cancel the legitimacy of the Palestinian claim.
- On Egyptian television, February 6, 2000
- Source: Britain Israel Communication & Research Centre
- It is our pride that the Great Satan (U.S.) and the head of despotism, corruption and arrogance in modern times considers us as an enemy that should be listed in the terrorism list.
- Let the entire world hear me. Our hostility to the Great Satan [America] is absolute [...] Regardless of how the world has changed after 11 September, Death to America will remain our reverberating and powerful slogan: Death to America.
- If they (Jews) all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.
- October 23, 2002
- Source: Daily Star
- Israel is our enemy. This is an aggressive, illegal, and illegitimate entity, which has no future in our land. Its destiny is manifested in our motto: 'Death to Israel.'"
- There is no solution to the conflict in this region except with the disappearance of Israel.
- The elite are the men of religion, political leaders, media and press people, and teachers. Everyone can understand the truth and know what is right. These have the responsibility of showing this right and truth to the people. They should not remain silent....It is the responsibility of people to look for right and truth. As they hear me now, they should not accept everything I say. Even the masses of Hezbollah and the resistance should not do so....Forget what my faith is and what yours is. Hear what I say and see what I do and hear what others say and see what they do, and then decide.
- Interview with Al-Manar television (31 October 2006)
- Today, the Israelis tightened the noose on the mass media in northern occupied Palestine and occupied Palestine. No one can report any news or broadcast any footage. [News reports] are subject to the Israeli censorship which permits and disseminates them. Even you at Al-Jazeera Channel were subjected to arrests, interrogation, restricted activities, and the like. Why do the Israelis resort to concealing the truth on the other side? Why? Do they do that only because they accuse the media outlets of setting the coordinates? This is nonsense. We have the coordinates of these Israeli settlements and military positions in the north, centre, or in any part of occupied Palestine. We do not need anybody to give us information, images, or the like. In that case, they want to conceal the true scene of the war on the other side because it will have definite impact on the Israeli street and media and the morale of the Israelis.
- al Jazeera interview : http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=AL-20060722&articleId=2790
- Martyrdom operations - suicide bombings - should be exported outside Palestine. I encourage Palestinians to take suicide bombings worldwide. Don't be shy about it.
- Quoted in Passner, Deborah (July 26, 2006). "Hassan Nasrallah: In His Own Words". Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA). Retrieved on 2006-09-12.. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation stated that "… no record of those remarks could be found, and the Canadian embassy in Beirut has tried and failed to document the quotes.""Hezbollah says Canada was duped into calling them terrorists". CBC News. 17 February 2003. Retrieved on 2006-09-12.