Harriet the Spy (film)
Last modified on 15 January 2011, at 23:48
↑Jump back a section
- Ole: There are as many ways to live in this world as there are people in this world, and each one deserves a closer look.
- Ole: You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's going to keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
- Harriet: I want to remember everything. And I want to know everything.
- Ole: Well, you must realize, Harriet, knowing everything won't do you a bit of good unless you use it to put beauty in this world. True or false?
- Harriet: True.
- Ole: Of course it is.
- Ole: Good friends are one of life's blessings. Don't give them up without a fight.
- Sport: This stuff is beyond crap. It is what crap wants to be when it grows up.
- Janie's Mom: JANIE! I am sick to death of this mad scientist baloney! Look at this! Look at this!
- Frankie: Speak English!
- Sport: You can't be my friend if you're not my friend.
- Ole: The time has come, the walrus said...
- Harriet: To talk of many things...
- Ole: Of shoes and ships and ceiling wax...
- Harriet: Of cabbages and kings...
- Ole: And why the sea is boiling hot...
- Harriet: And whether pigs have wings!
- Ole: Do you have any wings?
- Harriet: Yeah.
- Ole: [starts "spanking" her] Yeah? Let me see them!
- Harriet: [laughing] Ow! Ow! Child abuse! Child abuse!
- Ole: You want to see child abuse? Take that! And that!
- Harriet: I hate money.
- Sport: You'd like it a lot more if you didn't have any.
- Harriet: The only thing worse than being Marion Hawthorn, is wanting to be Marion Hawthorn.