- The keen spirit
Seizes the prompt occasion, makes the thought
Start into instant action, and at once
Plans and performs, resolves and executes!
- ... There's a joy,
To the fond votaries of fame unknown,
To hear the still small voice of conscience speak
In whisp'ring plaudit to the silent soul.
- To those who know thee not, no words can paint!
And those who know thee, know all words are faint!
- Since trifles make the sum of human things,
And half our misery from our foibles springs.
- In men this blunder still you find,—
All think their little set mankind.
- Small habits well pursued betimes
May reach the dignity of crimes.
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
Last modified on 15 June 2013, at 14:35