Hackers is a 1995 film about a young boy is arrested by the US Secret Service for writing a computer virus and is banned from using a computer until his 18th birthday. Years later, he and his new-found friends discover a plot to unleash a dangerous computer virus, but they must use their computer skills to find the evidence while being pursued by the Secret Service and the evil computer genius behind the virus.
Mess with the best, Die like the rest
Never send a boy to do a woman's job.
- Never fear, I is here.
- There is no right or wrong, just fun and boring.
- You wanted to know who I am, Zero Cool? Well, let me explain the New World Order. Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are Samurai... the Keyboard Cowboys... and all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle... Moooo.
- Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
- FYI man, alright. You could sit at home, and do like absolutely nothing, and your name goes through like 17 computers a day. 1984? Yeah right, man. That's a typo. Orwell is here now. He's livin' large. We have no names, man. No names. We are nameless!
- Mrs. Murphy: Dade?
- Dade Murphy: Yeah Ma?
- Mrs. Murphy: What are you doing?
- Dade Murphy: I'm taking over a TV Network.
- Mrs. Murphy: Finish up honey and get some sleep. Happy Birthday.
- Ramόn Sanchez: So, uh, what's your interest in Kate Libby, eh? Academic? Purely sexual?
- Dade Murphy: Homicidal.
- Kate Libby: Are you challenging me?
- Dade Murphy: Name your stakes.
- Kate Libby: If I win, you become my slave.
- Dade Murphy: Your slave?
- Kate Libby: You wish! You'll do shitwork, scan, crack copyrights...
- Dade Murphy: And if I win?
- Kate Libby: Make it my first-born!
- Dade Murphy: Make it our first-date!
- Kate Libby: I don't DO dates. But I don't lose either, so you're on!
- Dade Murphy: You look good in a dress.
- Kate Libby: You would have looked better.
- Boot Up or Shut Up
- Jonny Lee Miller - Dade Murphy (a.k.a. Crash Override a.k.a. Zero Cool)
- Angelina Jolie - Kate Libby (a.k.a. Acid Burn)
- Renoly Santiago - Ramόn Sánchez (a.k.a. The Phantom Phreak)
- Matthew Lillard - Emmanuel Goldstein (a.k.a. Cereal Killer)
- Laurence Mason - Paul Cook (a.k.a. Lord Nikon)
- Jesse Bradford - Joey Pardella
- Fisher Stevens - Eugene Belford (a.k.a. The Plague)
- Lorraine Bracco - Margo Wallace
- Alberta Watson - Lauren Murphy
- Penn Jillette - Hal
- Wendell Pierce - Special Agent Richard Gill, U.S. Secret Service
- Marc Anthony - Special Agent Ray, U.S. Secret Service
- Michael Gaston - Special Agent Bob, U.S. Secret Service
- Felicity Huffman - Prosecuting Attorney