|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Chinese Boy: But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget - no matter how much he cries, or how much he begs, never, never feed him after midnight.
- Chinese Boy: And keep him away from water. Don't get him wet.
- Mr. Wing: With mogwai comes much responsibility.
- Stripe: (repeated line) Gizmo CaCa!
- Rocking Ricky Rialto: Hey gang, It's been a rough night for Rockin' Ricky... but he's still on the air! The Marines are standing by with fire hoses.
- Randall Peltzer: [last lines] (narrating) Well, that's the story. So, if your air-conditioner goes on the fritz, or your washing machine blows up, or your video recorder conks out, before you call the repairman, turn on all the lights. Check all the closets and cupboards. Look under all the beds. 'Cause you never can tell. There just might be a gremlin in your house.
- Murry Futterman: [drunk, looking inside his car] Gremlins... [turning to Billy and Kate] You got-you gotta watch out for them forgeiners cuz they plant gremlins in their machinery.
- [he climbs inside the car]
- Murry Futterman: It's the same gremlins that brought down our planes in the big one.
- Kate: [laughing] The big one...
- Murry Futterman: [turning round] that's right! World war two.
- [he puts his hand to his head]
- Murry Futterman: Good old WWII. [Murray tries to start his car] Y'know their still shippin them over here. They put em in cars, they put em in yer tv. They put em in stereos and those little radios you stick in your ears. They even put em in watches, they have teeny gremlins for our watches!
- Sheriff Frank Gremlins huh?
- Billy Yes.
- Sheriff Frank Little monsters?
- Billy Right.
- Sheriff Frank Hundreds of them?
- Billy I don't know, maybe thousands. Look, I know it sounds crazy. I know it does, but in a matter of hours, this town's going to become a major disaster area and now you have got to warn people!
- Sheriff Frank I think the kid is drunk.
- Deputy Brent No but you are!
- Gerald: Well, well, well. If it is not Captain Clip-on! Hey, want to hear a funny story? Guess who almost made an application to unemployment today?
- Billy: I give up, who?
- Gerald: You! I was ready to terminate your employment at the bank for that little stunt with Mrs. Deagle. However, Mr. Corben had different ideas. He gets so sentimental around the holidays. Not me. If I was the bank manager, I would have fired your ass in a heartbeat.
- Sheriff Frank Tell me something Billy. How does a cute little creature like this turn into a thousand ugly monsters?
- Billy Well this is before it enters the pupal stage.
- Deputy Brent The pupal stage?
- Billy Yeah right. Plus it multiplies with water.
- Deputy Brent Aw christ!
- Sheriff Frank Brent why don't you give the kid some water?
- Billy I wouldn't do that sheriff.
- Sheriff Frank (the phone rings. Sheriff answers it) Sheriff office. Yeah speaking. Oh no. Yeah we'll be right over.
- Deputy Brent Who was that?
- Sheriff Frank It was the Futtermans. Something about a snowplow. Freak accident.
- Billy It's the creatures! The creatures are making it look like an accident! Sheriff. SHERIFF WILL YOU LISTEN TO ME?!!
- Sherriff Frank You listen to me kid. Go on home, take little Gizmo, sit by the fire and open your Christmas presents okay? Atta boy!
- Deputy Brent Let me drive.
- Sheriff Frank No you're drunk.
- Deputy Brent You always get to drive!
- Sheriff Frank Cause I'm the sheriff asshole!
- Kate: Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.
- Billy Peltzer: What are you talking about?
- Kate: The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.
- Kate: What're they doing?
- Billy Peltzer: They're watching Snow White. And they love it.
- Peltzer residence. Entire Peltzer family, as well as Kate, are surprised to see Mr. Wing, who seems upset with Mr. Peltzer for taking the mogwai lightly (but likely angrier with his grandson for selling Gizmo behind his back). He refunds the $200. Gizmo is watching news footage with family.
- Mr. Wing: You have taught Mogwai to watch television?! I warned you that with Mogwai comes much responsibility, but you would not listen. This is the result.
- Mr. Wing motions towards TV, which shows the Marine Reserve in Kingston Falls aiding refugees and containing the carnage the Gremlins have caused.
- Mr. Wing: You just do not understand! Western society do to Mogwai what it has done to all of nature's gifts.
- Gizmo gets in carrier and Mr. Wing prepares to leave Peltzer residence to return to his shop in Chinatown.
- Randall Peltzer: Sir, before you go, I want you to know I am truly sorry for all this. I want to offer you this as a token of apology.
- Mr. Wing: Ah, smokeless ashtray.
- Randall Peltzer: How did you know?
- Mr. Wing: Man at gas station try to sell me.
- Gizmo makes sounds, and Mr. Wing responds in Chinese. He motions to Billy.
- Mr. Wing: He has something to say to you.
- Billy Peltzer: You mean you understand what he's saying?
- Mr. Wing: To understand, one has only to listen.
- Gizmo: Bye Billy!
- Mr. Wing: (to Billy) Maybe one day, you will be ready. Until then, Mogwai will wait.
- Mr. Wing begins walking back to Chinatown. Gizmo emerges from his carrier one last time to say goodbye to Barney.
- Gizmo: Bye bye, bark bark woof woof.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language