I say on the air all time, "if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot."
Glenn Beck (born 10 February 1964) is a conservative American talk-radio host.
Political Correctness doesn't change us, it shuts us up.
The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be President would be "What the hell you mean we're out of missiles?"
- Hello, you sick twisted freak.
- The Glenn Beck Program, Show Opener
- Can you let your son's body become the same temperature as your son's head before you turn this into a political campaign against the president? Could you do that?
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Networks, 14 May 2004
- Comment on Michael Berg, the father of murdered American businessman Nicholas Berg
- I find this guy [Michael Berg] despicable. Everything in me says that. The want to be a better person today than I was yesterday says he's a dad, he's grieving, but I don't buy that. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. I think he is grieving, but I think he's a scumbag as well. I don't like this guy at all.
- Would you kill someone for that?...I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore...I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it,...No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus — band — Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure.
- Cindy Sheehan is a tragedy slut.
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Networks, 15 August 2005
- During his February 8, 2006 show, Beck repeatedly referred to former U.S. President Jimmy Carter as "a waste of skin", adding that North Korean leader Kim Jong Il was not a bigger waste of skin because "[a]t least evil is using that skin."
- I am a conservative, but I am not a zombie.
- Glenn Beck, Fox News, 11 May 2006
- See, when you take a little bit of truth and then you mix it with untruth, or your theory, that's where you get people to believe. You know? It's like Hitler. Hitler said a little bit of truth, and then he mixed in "and it's the Jews' fault." That's where things get a little troublesome, and that's exactly what's happening.
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Networks, 7 June 2006
- on a documentary film about climate change, An Inconvenient Truth
- Good for you, you have a heart, you can be a liberal. Now, couple your heart with your brain, and you can be a conservative.
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Networks, 5 October 2006, Hour 2
- Comment in response to a caller on the issue of Talk Radio Host Mike Gallagher granting the Westboro Baptist Church airtime in exchange for not protesting at the funerals of Amish schoolgirls killed in a school shooting at the West Nickel Mine Amish School in Bart Township (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania).
- You know, we all have our inner demons. I, for one — I can't speak for you, but I'm on the verge of moral collapse at any time. It can happen by the end of the show.
- Glenn Beck, Fox News, 6 November 2006
- Political Correctness doesn't change us, it shuts us up.
- Insider Video: Episode 2 on 2006-11-13
- Whoa... don't go all Kramer on me!
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Networks, 21 November 2006, Hour 1
- Glenn coins a new phrase that he believes will now be used in diffusing an argument. Phrase relates to the Michael Richards tirade on 2006-11-18.
- Girl, you better check yourself before you wreck yourself!
- With that being said, you are a Democrat. You are saying, "Let's cut and run." And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, "Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies." And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way.
- Glenn Beck, CNN, 14 November 2006
- Glenn Beck to Keith Ellison, the first (and only) Muslim in the United States Congress.
- It is really — one of the things in it that I heard yesterday in his testimony that I thought was disturbing was this — what did he call it? — a massive persuasion campaign. That sounded a little bit like Goebbels or Gore-bels.
- Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization. The goal is global carbon tax.…You need to have fear. You needed to have the fear of starvation. You needed to have the fear of the whole place going to hell in a handbasket. Which — do we have that fear now with global warming?…Then you have to discredit the scientists that say "That's not right." And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did. That's what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing].
- The hottest year in global [sic] history was 1934.
- Countdown with Keith Olbermann, 26 October 2007
- after NASA revealed an error in their U.S. (not global) temperature calculations; before the correction, the hottest year in U.S. history was said to be 1998
- All men are created equal. It is what you do from there that makes the difference. We are all free agents in life. We make our own decisions. We control our own destiny.
- "The Income Gap: The Rich Get Richer, Good for Them", An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems, Threshold Editions, 20 November 2007, p. 83, ISBN 1416560440
- You pinhead. You think we would actually be sitting here and saying "well, look at the way she was dressed?" If she were Joan McCain, stop it. You self-centered self-righteous socialist out of control dangerous man-hating bitch. Shut your mouth. We might have bought into this crap in the 1960s because too many people were doing LSD. We're not on LSD anymore — we need to start making sense.
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Networks, 3 March 2008
- In response to feminist Gloria Steinem's opinions on the John McCain/"Joan" McCain accusation.
- Most times we're so focused on what we think we want that we can't appreciate how happy we already are. It's only when we forget about our problems and help others forget theirs that we realize how good we really have it.
- The Christmas Sweater, Threshold Editions, 11 November 2008, p. 52, ISBN 141659485X
- When you choose the path, you choose the destination.
- The Christmas Sweater, Threshold Editions, 11 November 2008, p. 244, ISBN 141659485X
- Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you're worthy of the trip.
- The Christmas Sweater, Threshold Editions, 11 November 2008, p. 247, ISBN 141659485X
- The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be President would be "What the hell you mean we're out of missiles?"
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Networks, 12 January 2009
- It's a real blessing for me to tell you, sir, that cavalry has arrived — Fox is here!
- Hey, does anybody notice this crazy thing that we're on the road to socialism? I'm just saying. Wow. We got — we got the SCHIPs thing going for us. That's great. There is the change that we were all hoping for, really, seriously. Hey, I got an idea. If we're going down the road to socialism, I mean, why not really go for it, huh? Comrades, good news from the western front, our glorious revolution is starting to take hold. Oh, the revolution of change. Our fearless leader has just signed in SCHIPs, and earlier today, he spoke out against capitalism. Listen up.
- Glenn Beck, Fox News, 5 February 2009
- "Glenn Beck : The Road To Socialism", MonkeyCrash, 5 February 2009
- on the State Children's Health Insurance Program bill signed by President Obama on 2009-02-04
- And it was from America. Progressive movement in America. Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. …. The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening. So I guess I have to put my name on yes, I hope Barack Obama fails. But I just want his policies to fail; I want America to wake up.
- I'm a rodeo clown. It takes great skill.
- I say on the air all time, "if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot."
- I am not saying Barack Obama is a fascist. I am not saying the Democrats are a fascist. I am saying the government, under Bush and under Obama and under all of the presidents we've seen, or at least most of the presidents that we've seen for quite some time, are slowly but surely moving us away from our republic and into a system of fascism.
- If I'm not mistaken, in the early days of Adolf Hitler, they were very happy to line up for help there as well. I mean, the companies were like, "Hey, wait a minute. We can get, you know, we can get out of trouble here. They can help, et cetera, et cetera."
- This is not comparing these people to the people in Germany, but this is exactly what happened to the lead-up with Hitler. Hitler opened up the door and said, "Hey, companies, I can help you." They all ran through the door. And then in the end, they all saw, "Uh-oh. I'm in bed with the devil." They started to take their foot out, and Hitler said, "Absolutely not. Sorry, gang. This is good for the country. We've gotta do these things." And it was too late.
- Use your voice while you still have it. I tell you with everything in me, I think they are going to silence voices like mine, and Bill O'Reilly, and Rush, and everybody else. They will silence us. They cannot continue to let us speak out.
- Finally — well, he wasn't the president, he was the chancellor — Hitler, decided that it was the only empathetic thing to do, is to put this child down and put him out of his suffering. It was the beginning of the T4, which led to genocide everywhere. It was the beginning of it. Empathy leads you to very bad decisions many times.
- I've always been fascinated with the one question: Did the Germans know? … The scariest book I ever bought was Mein Kampf. I bought it because I wanted to answer that question. The answer was "Yes, they knew." I think the Germans, however, were an awful lot like we are now. We're kind of living in a denial, "no that can't really be happening, no that really—" You don't want to believe some things, but you have to. You have to actually think about them.
- Glenn Beck, Fox News, 10 June 2009
- But at some point, you know that— you know what poem keeps going through my mind is, "first they came for the Jews." People, all of us, are like, "Well, this news doesn't really affect me." "Well, I'm not a bondholder." "Well, I'm not in the banking industry." "Well, I'm not a big CEO." "Well, I'm not on Wall Street." "Well, I'm not a car dealer." "I'm not an auto worker." Gang, at some point, they're going to come for you!
- You cannot take away freedom to protect it, you cannot destroy the free market to save it, and you cannot uphold freedom of speech by silencing those with whom you disagree. To take rights away to defend them or to spend your way out of debt defies common sense.
- "The Reshaping and Redefining of America", Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine, Threshold Editions, 16 June 2009, p. 17, ISBN 1439168571
- Only those afraid of the truth seek to silence debate, intimidate those with whom they disagree, or slander their ideological counterparts. Those who know they are right have no reason to stifle debate because they realize that all opposing arguments will ultimately be overcome by fact.
- "The Reshaping and Redefining of America", Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine, Threshold Editions, 16 June 2009, p. 17, ISBN 1439168571
- Let me tell you something, the end game, Paul, for Congress and this president — and I don't know how many members of Congress even realize the game that they are either being used in or a pawn in. But believe me, they'll take the universal health care coverage over what skin they do have in it. They're going to come out — this system is going to come out the other side dictorial [sic] — it is going to come out a fascist state.
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Networks, 27 July 2009
- to a caller, on universal health care
- The health care bill is reparations. It's the beginning of reparations. He's going to give — if you want to go into medical school, the medical schools will get more federal dollars if they have proven that they are putting minorities ahead.
- This president, I think, has exposed himself as a guy, over and over and over again, who has a deep-seated hatred for white people, or the white culture, I don't know what it is.
- Brian Kilmeade: Listen, you can't say he doesn't like white people. David Axelrod's white, Rahm Emanuel's his chief of staff, I think 70% of the people we see every day are white. Robert Gibbs is white—
Glenn Beck: I'm not saying that he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. He has a — this guy is, I believe, a racist.
- ...I said yesterday on Fox & Friends, I think the president is a racist, I think he has race issues. Don't know if he hates white people, but there's something going on with the president. Well, I stand by that. And I deem him a racist based on really his own standard of racism, the standard of the left.
- You have three people in the White House that are in love with eugenics, or whatever it is you would call it today. Of course it's not "eugenics", because eugenics has been horribly maligned. How did the T4 program start in Germany? It started through compassion, and it started because we needed to get control of the costs.
- Y'know, when I said SEIU and ACORN, these were the brownshirts, people said that's crazy and I hope to God it is. But you tell me what they are if they're not thugs, enforcing the will of the masters in Washington. Be very careful, because the things that I have told you on this program were coming are here. We are in the most dangerous point in our republic, I believe, since the Civil War. We may be in the most dangerous place ever, because our people are different, our people are not as connected to God as we once were.
- The thing I can say about Ted Kennedy is, at least he never flinched on what he believed in, and that's the way America…the thing you need to take away from Ted Kennedy is, he stood up, and never flinched. Americans need to stand up and, without flinching, without fear, be a lion, and stand up for what they believe in. I didn't agree with anything he believed him, but I admired [him]. Absolutely. That's what this country is all about. Stand up for what you believe in.
- The O'Reilly Factor, 26 August 2009
- I'm finding this — this is the hardest part to connect to. Because this is — I mean, look, you know, David, what you just said is, you said, "I'm not comparing" — but you are. I mean, this is what Hitler did with the SS. He had his own people. He had the brownshirts and then the SS. This is what Saddam Hussein — so — but you are comparing that. And I — I mean, I think America would have a really hard time getting their arms around that.
- Glenn Beck, Fox News, 27 August 2009
- to David Ballavia, former Army staff sergeant, on Barack Obama's plan to expand the foreign service, AmeriCorps, and the Peace Corps
- If I could just — if we could just be like Cuba. Let me give you the last piece of evidence that there is a revolution going on, and it is coming. It is — there is a revolution, and they think they can get away with it quietly. They think they — and they — they — you know what? At this point, gang, I'm not sure, they may be able to because they are so far ahead of us. They know what they're dealing against; most of America does not yet. Most of America doesn't have a clue as to what's going on. There is a coup going on. There is a stealing of America, and the way it is done, it has been done through the — the guise of an election, but they lied to us the entire time. Some of us knew! Some of us we're shouting out, you were: "this guy's a Marxist!" "No, no, no, no, no, no." And they're gonna say, "we did it democratically," and they are going to grab power every way they can. And God help us in an emergency.
- I'm telling you, they have their hands around the neck of the republic. They are much farther ahead, we're just figuring it out. They have their hands around the neck of this republic and they are about to snap it, if we don't wake up.
- You are a guardian and protector of liberty. You may be the only thing that stands between freedom and slavery. And if you can, join those who are willing to take a stand in Washington, DC on 9-12. If not, stand together somewhere in your community on 9-12. Get involved. They're very well organized in their communities, and I didn't realize how many socialist communities there were.
- You can try to put the lid on this group of people, but you will never silence us. You will never — you can shoot me in the head, you can shoot the next guy in the head, but there will be 10 others that line up. And it may not happen today, it may not happen next week, but freedom will be restored in this land. Period. And no matter what you want to call it, it is a totalitarian state that you're headed towards.
- When it comes to the FCC, the Bush administration helped lay the foundation. But now, that foundation is being turned on. And I fear an event. I fear a Reichstag moment. God forbid, another 9/11. Something that will turn this machine on, and power will be seized and voices will be silenced. God help us all.
- I know, I know, I'm going to be called a hatemonger for this, you know, conversation that we have, whatever, that's fine. They also called people like Benjamin Franklin a hatemonger. They said that he was crazy. I wonder if they've said that about me yet. Yeah, Benjamin Franklin was crazy, he was the first real abolitionist. Boy that man stood up every single time. And in our modern-day slavery, I will be happy to be called crazy right along with Benjamin Franklin.
- Glenn Beck: How many people here identify themselves as African Americans?
[audience raises hands]
Glenn Beck: Why?
Panelist: It's interchangeable.
Glenn Beck: Why not identify yourself as Americans?
Panelist: But people can look at you and tell you're black, you can't escape that.
Glenn Beck: Yeah, but I don't identify myself as white or a white American.
- "If you believe in the... War in Heaven where a third of the angels were cast out... it was about man's choice and he would provide a saviour and Satan's plan was... I'll save everybody... just take away their choice and give me the credit...that plan was rejected... because God knew that...failure was important ...the progressives have... replaced God... they are taking.... rights are not given to us by our creator, they created by congress, they are taking the role of God, and so they are taking away our suffering, they are taking away all of our pain, all of the opportunity to fail..."
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Networks, 12 January 2010
- The progressive movement is the lunatic fringe of the left. It is the home of everything that you despise. It is the home of income tax. It is the home of prohibition. It is the home of the Fed.
- So it's the same thing over and over and over and over again with these people, and we cannot allow them to crawl under another rock and subvert the Constitution through evolution anymore. It is time to expose them. And either agree with them and say, yes, that's what America needs to be, a socialist progressive state. Or expose it and exterminate. Exterminate the thought of the progressive movement. Don't allow it to fester anymore.
- He chose to use his name, Barack, for a reason. To identify, not with America — you don't take the name Barack to identify with America. You take the name Barack to identify with what? Your heritage? The heritage, maybe, of your father in Kenya, who is a radical?
- Thomas Paine was kind of the — oh, I don't know. My apologies to Thomas Paine, but kind of the me of the genera— I mean, I can't think of anybody else. A guy just saying, "Hey, really, stand up. Come on. We can do it." He was kind of the — he was the media guy, really. He just did pamphlets, the rest of us just do TV.
- [writes Progressivism on chalkboard] This is the disease. This is the disease in America. It's not just spending, it's not just taxes, it's not just corruption. It is progressivism. And it is in both parties.
- Progressivism is the cancer in America and it is eating our Constitution. And it was designed to eat the Constitution. To progress past the Constitution.
- It is big government – it's a socialist utopia. And we need to address it as if it is a cancer. It must be cut out of the system because they cannot co-exist. And you don't cure cancer by – well, I'm just going to give you a little bit of cancer. You must eradicate it. It cannot co-exist. And we need big thinkers, and brave people with spines who can make the case – that can actually say to Americans: look it’s going to be hard – it’s going to be hard but it’s going to be okay. We’re going to make it.
- Health care, yesterday was one of the more incredible things I have ever seen, this health care speech with the doctors behind him. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. I don't understand how the rest of the nation doesn't see this. Or how they don't understand our nation, as we know it, is in peril. Today is the first day that I actually feel like Paul Revere. The British are coming. The British are coming.
- I'm begging you, your right to religion and freedom to exercise religion and read all of the passages of the Bible as you want to read them and as your church wants to preach them... are going to come under the ropes in the next year. If it lasts that long it will be the next year. I beg you, look for the words "social justice" or "economic justice" on your church Web site. If you find it, run as fast as you can. Social justice and economic justice, they are code words. Now, am I advising people to leave their church? Yes!
- America, I'm gonna shoot straight with you, I think I've wasted your time. I think this is the first time I have wasted an hour of your time. I apologize for that.
- For those of you in the administration, who are coming after me … remember, you've broken three [of the 10 Commandments], let's not make it four; thou shalt not kill.
- That is not the dream. That is a perversion of the dream. We are the people of the civil rights movement. We are the ones that must stand for civil and equal rights. Equal rights. Justice. Equal justice. Not special justice, not social justice, but equal justice. We are the inheritors and the protectors of the civil rights movement. They are perverting it. They're perverting it, and they're doing it intentionally. And they're selling us a line of global nonsense.
- There's equal stuff in Venezuela. There's equal stuff in Cuba. It's a lie. It's a lie. Only God can equalize. Only God, and I got news for you, gang, he's about to. And we are gonna be first on the receiving end.
- I wouldn't be surprised if in our lifetime dogs and firehoses are released or opened on us. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of us get a billy club to the head. I wouldn't be surprised if, you know, some of us go to jail just like Martin Luther King did on trumped up charges. Tough times are coming.
- I could give a flying crap about the political process.... We're an entertainment company.
- Let me tell you this: They shut me down on radio, that's fine, I'll do TV. They shut me down on TV, that's fine, I'll do Internet. They shut me down on the Internet, that's fine, I'll do stage shows. They shut me down on stage shows, that's fine, I'll go door to door. You will have to shoot me in the head. We are not stopping.
- This is a moment, quite honestly, that I think we reclaim the civil rights movement. It has been so distorted and so turned upside down because we must repair honor and integrity first, I tell you right now. We are on the right side of history. We are on the side of individual freedoms and liberties, and damn it, we will reclaim the civil rights moment. We will take that movement, because we were the people that did it in the first place.
- This is going to be an image for the history books. If you come, I believe this may, and it may be in 100 years from now or 200 years from now, I believe this will be remembered as the moment America turned the corner. I don't know how it works out. I don't know if it even works out in my lifetime. But I believe this is the pivot point. Be there, with your children.
- Just because you in Washington and you who are so out of touch with life in the media, just because you don't believe in anything doesn't mean nobody else does. We do. You know why you're confused by this show? It's because I believe in something. You don't.
Tea parties believe in small government. We believe in returning to the principles of our founding fathers. We respect them, we revere them. Shoot me in the head before I stop talking about the founders. Shoot me in the head if you try to change our government — I will stand against you. And so will millions of others. We believe in something. You in the media and most in Washington don't. The radicals that you and Washington have co-opted and brought in wearing sheep's clothing — change the pose. You will get the ends. You've been using them? They believe in Communism. They believe and have called for revolutionar — a revolution. You're going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning: they may shoot you.
They are dangerous because they believe. Karl Marx is their George Washington. You will never change their mind. And if they feel you have lied to them — they're revolutionaries. Nancy Pelosi, those are the people you should be worried about.
Here is my advice when you're dealing with people who believe in something that strongly — you take them seriously. You listen to their words and you believe that they will follow up with what they say.
- It is the anniversary of the 'I Have a Dream' speech from Martin Luther King. And what an appropriate day. At first we picked that date, we didn't know and I thought, "oh jeez." But now I think it was almost divine providence. I do. His dream has been so corrupted. Judge a man by the content of his character. Character doesn't even matter anymore in this country. It's time we picked that dream back up and finished the job.
- He also helped start the Tides Foundation, which among its many super, super classics are the anti-capitalist Story of Stuff, indoctrination video. Yes, George Soros money. Isn't that great? Shown in schools all across America to warp your children's brains and make sure they know how evil capitalism is.
- They want a race war. We must be peaceful people. They are gonna poke and poke and poke, and our government is going to stand by and let them do it. We must be — we must take the role of Martin Luther King, because I do not believe that Martin Luther King believed in, "Kill all white babies."
- But people have been acting as though no white man can mention or praise or support the mission of Martin Luther King. I'm sorry, African Americans don't own Martin Luther King; it's a human idea, just like white people don't own George Washington or Abraham Lincoln. These are American icons and ideas, and we are all Americans.
- This is kind of complex, because Jesus did identify with the victims. But Jesus was not a victim. He was a conqueror…Jesus conquered death. He wasn’t victimized. He chose to give his life….If he was a victim, and this theology was true, then Jesus would’ve come back from the dead and made the Jews pay for what they did. That’s an abomination.
- Well, they have the education system. They have the media. They have the capitalist system. What do you think the Tides Foundation was? They infiltrate and they saw under Ronald Reagan that capitalists were not for all of this nonsense, so they infiltrated. Now, they are using failing capitalism to destroy it.
- You believe that America is the last best hope for the free world. Boy, was I a moron for believing that. Nope, there are a lot of people that believe that we are the oppressor. This man states it. He states in this book "The purpose is to create mass organizations to seize power." Wow! That almost sounds like the Tides Foundation.
- Glenn Beck, Fox News, 14 July 2010
- Gertz, Matt (23 July 2010), "The CA cop shooter and Glenn Beck: Here's what we know", Media Matters for America
- Selectively paraphrasing Saul Alinsky (1971). "The purpose". Rules for radicals: a practical primer for realistic radicals. p. 3. ISBN 0-679-72113-4. "In this book we are concerned with how to create mass organizations to seize power and give it to the people; to realize the democratic dream of equality, justice, peace, cooperation, equal and full opportunities for education, full and useful employment, health, and the creation of those circumstances in which man can have the chance to live by values that give meaning to life."
- No Peace without Hope, No Hope without Liberty, No Liberty without Integrity, No Integrity without Virtue, No Virtue without Enlightenment, No Enlightenment without Truth.
- Glenn Beck, Fox News, 20 July 2010
- Be who you really are, not who you allowed yourself to become.
- "Beck has mentioned the Tides Foundation 30 times on his Fox News show, accusing them" — accusing them — "of being anti-capitalist far-left radicals and indoctrinating children." I stand by each one of those. "There are no records", this is what is obscene, "there are no records of any other talk show mentioning the Tides Foundation." I am the only one that has mentioned the Tides Foundation. So, that's what they're using. This guy couldn't have find this out on his own, it had to come from me. America, if you don't think that they will use anything, they will. They absolutely will.
- The Tides Foundation is made specifically to launder the money. It's made specifically so you can, you can be anybody, give to them, and they will give to the lefty organizations without your name on it. So you specifically do not know who's giving to these organizations.
- Free Press is a Marxist organization, and it— the FCC is now riddled with Free Press people. The White House, riddled with people that are taking phone calls from Free Press.
- The Lord will always send a people wake-up calls. And he has been sending us wake-up call, after wake-up call, after a wake-up call. … He has been sending us wake-up calls, and you can send two kinds of wake-up calls. One through fear, like 9/11. 9/11 woke us up, and we stood shoulder-to-shoulder for a very short period of time.
- We must go to God Boot Camp and straighten our own lives up so we can help people out in the rest of the world and guide them down the stairs and out of the building into safety.
- "Restoring Honor" rally, Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, 2010-08-28
- There was a time not too long ago in this country that we used to walk through walls of fire to make sure we weren't funding Hamas or Hezbollah. I have news for ya: there are a lot of universities that are just as dangerous with indoctrination of our children as these terror groups are in Iran or North Korea. With the poll numbers continuing to slide for the new health care bill, our Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius just said, and I quote, "We need a [video: RE-EDUCATION in fullscreen boldface] re-education process [video of Beck resumes] on healthcare." Oh. Well, how very Kim Jong-Il of you. Or dare I say it? Mao is the "in" one now, isn't he? Re-education. — America, while you have been working hard, while you have been busting your butt, while you have thought we all generally agree on things, we have been setting up re-education camps. We call them 'universities'.
- Soros and the Tides Foundation have been trying to indoctrinate our kids. Do you remember that stupid— what was the name of that film that they did? [clip comes up on monitor] There it is, The Story of Stuff.
- Glenn Beck: And it goes nowhere if you go onto 'compassion, compassion, compassion, compassion' or well, 'They should've put it out, what is the fire department for?' No, what is the 75 dollars for. To keep the firemen available, to keep the firetrucks running, to pay for the fire department to have people employed to put the fire out. If you don't pay your 75 dollars then that hurts the fire department. They can't use those resources, and you would be sponging off your neighbor's 75 dollars if they put out your neighbor's house and you didn't pay for it — I mean, if your neighbor didn't pay for it, you did, and they put out their house — your neighbor is sponging off of your 75 dollars.
Pat Gray: And as soon as they put out the fire of somebody who didn't pay the 75 bucks,
(in unison) no one
Pat Gray: will pay the 75 dollars.
Glenn Beck: Why would you pay the 75 dollars, you don't have to, they're gonna put it out anyway? Nobody pays attention.
- Kelly, Christopher J. (10 October 2010), "Gene Cranick, a victim of Glenn Beck's America", The Times-Tribune
- Cesca, Bob (6 October 2010), "Glenn Beck Mocks Fire Victims, Reaches New Depths of Awfulness", The Huffington Post
- Beck On Family's Whose Home Burned Down As Firefighters Watched, YouTube, 5 October 2010
- I want you to go to GlennBeck.com, where is it, donate to the US Chamber of Commerce, click on that and it will take you to secure.uschamber.com. It's how to donate to the Chamber of Commerce. I would like to have this the largest day of fundraising for the Chamber of Commerce ever.
- So who makes the choice then for you, Homer? Once again, progressives know better than you, and you are now paying to have Cass Sunstein, a guy who I say is the most dangerous man in America, because first it's nudge, then it's shove, then it becomes shoot. Some will argue, "Aw come on, it's only about school lunches, what's the big deal, it's school lunches." Really? I don't know about you, but I don't want the federal government in my schools- in my kid's lunch bag.
- I don't think we came from monkeys. I think that's ridiculous. I haven't seen a half-monkey/half-person yet.
- They have to make you care. They have to force it down your throat. When anyone has to force it, it's a problem. You didn't have to force that the world was round. You didn't have to.
- The Glenn Beck Program, Premiere Radio Network, 20 October 2010
- Maloy, Simon, "Glenn Beck denies his "half-human, half-monkey" roots", Media Matters for America, retrieved on 2010-10-21
- Fisher, Max, "Glenn Beck Says: No Proof of Evolution", Atlantic Wire, retrieved on 2010-10-23
- If you go to Cass Sunstein, what net neutrality means is now if you go to FoxNews.com, you will have Arianna Huffington, a little box pop up with her showing that "Bill O'Reilly is wrong on this" or "here's an opposing view of Bill O'Reilly".
- I know the progressives are using progressive tactics. They're not using Nazi tactics. They're— they're— they're— The real answer is the Nazis were using early American progressive tactics. And that's not my opinion, that's historic fact.
- Glenn Beck, Fox News, 20 January 2011
- "24-Hour Nazi Party People", The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Comedy Central): 05:10, 24 January 2011
- One, a caliphate is a global government, and you know that's where we're headed. Everybody is headed now towards a global government. Well, so are the Islamic extremists, except theirs is Sharia law and infidels will be beheaded. The Shiite Muslims, the ones in Iran, believe in — and not all of them, not the people necessarily on the street — but the real radicals, the revolutionaries and the people at the very top are called Twelvers. They believe in the Twelfth Imam. And that will — that Twelfth Imam, when he returns, he will set up a global caliphate in ancient Babylon. This one should gravely concern you because he has all of the earmarks — in their own writings — of an antichrist, or the Antichrist. I don't know if he is or not. But there are those who will just claim, you know, he's the Twelfth Imam, et cetera et cetera. And the way to get there is global chaos.
- Reformed rabbis are generally political in nature. It's almost like Islam, radicalized Islam in a way, to where it is just — radicalized Islam is less about religion than it is about politics. When you look at the Reform Judaism, it is more about politics.
- May I recommend, if you're doing your own homework, don't do a Google search. Seems to me that Google is pretty deeply in bed with the government. Maybe this is explaining why Google is being kicked out of all the other countries? Are they just a shill now for the United States government? Who is Jared Cohen? Is he private citizen or government operative? And isn't this the second Google guy we've found? This is the second Google executive now being exposed as an instigator of a revolution.
- We have the State Department working together with Google, MTV, MSNBC, Facebook, all of these— all of these giant corporations. Google now has two executives that we know of that were charged to help this revolution.
- Is there anything more powerful than Google? And our government is in bed with them, as we will show you tomorrow, in unbelievable ways. Unbelievable ways. We have, um, and have had for a while, people inside of Google who have alerted this program to things. There are people inside of Google who are terrified of some of the things that Google is doing and is involved in.
- It is difficult to deny at this point, isn't it? Isn't it? Is it a little hard to deny that radicals, Islamicists, Communists, socialists will work together against Israel, against capitalism, and they'll try to work together to overturn stability? Who in the media is telling you this? Who? NAME THEM! Where are they? How can they possibly deny it at this point? And why wouldn't they tell you these things? Why?
- We have a president who apparently loves instability and revolution, and that is the antithesis [pointing at blackboard] of those two words, "Social Security".
- [Tyler Perry] has the luxury of not doing the political stuff, which is really where I want to be as a company.
- Now look, I'm not saying God is, you know, causing earthquakes. Well—I'm not saying that he—I'm not not saying that either. God — what God does is God's business, I have no idea. But I'll tell you this: whether you call it Gaia or whether you call it Jesus — there's a message being sent. And that is, "Hey, you know that stuff we're doing? Not really working out real well. Maybe we should stop doing some of it." I'm just sayin'.
- We are living in times that I believe God will judge each of us for what we do and do not do. And if it's not God, it will at least be historians. I will go back to say what I said at the beginning of the year: There is great and powerful evil but there is great and powerful light as well. Get into the light and stand in it because evil is growing rapidly.
- But I'm telling you, it's going to change lives. I don't know how—I don't know what's going to happen, quite honestly — but it's going to change lives. It is a life-changing, and I think, a planet course-altering event and I would invite you to join us either physically or virtually.
- It's either going to be something that everybody ignores, or I swear to you, and I mean this sincerely, there's a possibility a pillar of fire appears. I mean, I think this could be miraculous. Or y'know, something in between that option, there.
- If you have money in the stock market, if you have... may I just recommend you have some cash handy, that you have your food and everything else ready. I hope to God that none of this stuff happens, but you have people who are anarchist revolutionaries who are intent on collapsing the system, they are trying to break the system.
- These people are not interested in creative destruction, they are only interested in destruction. That leads to gas chambers. That leads to, uh, guillotines. That leads to millions dead. That leads to Mao. That leads to totalitarianism. Every. Single. Time.
- Hate is on a scale, and is growing on a planetary scale of unprecedented size. The violent left is coming to our streets, all of our streets, to smash, to tear down, to kill, to bankrupt, to destroy. It is will be global in its nature and global in its scope.
- There is a race war that is going on in our country, declared by the Black Panthers and Louis Farrakhan and anybody else who says that America somehow or another stole the land from Mexico. There is a race war. It wasn't started by us, but they have declared it, and we must end it. There is a war between the political parties, both of them, and the American people. We did not start it, but we must end it. There is a war between the media and the truth. And it must end.
- Capitalists, if you think that you can play footsies with these people, you're wrong. They will come for you and drag you into the streets and kill you.
- These guys are worse than Robespierre from the French Revolution. Remember, Robespierre wasn't talking about just beheading everybody. That came later. These guys don't even have power. They don't even have power. They'll kill everybody.
- Allen West: We're going to be successful Tuesday night, don't worry.
Glenn Beck: I'm not worried, I think that— I believe in the protection of divine Providence. And I believe there are millions of Americans that are— still believe in and are still harkening to the spirit and harkening to God and God is not neutral in freedom of all of mankind. And if America falls, freedom all over the world takes a mighty blow, and it may take a thousand years to be able to recover from it. And he's not neutral. His work isn't done. And as long as we are decent, God-fearing people, we will be preserved to do his will. And I think that's exactly what you're going to see on Tuesday. I do.
- Glenn Beck: But I was standing on the stage with Freedom Works on Friday in a show that we’re going to air tonight at 8:00 on TheBlaze and I was giving a speech and it struck me about halfway through, the similarities of what is being done right now to the beginning of our country— we are repeating, and we're at the very beginning of it, but we're repeating all of the steps that it took for use to be free in— around the time of the Declaration of Independence, don't you think?
David Barton: I agree. And I look—
Glenn Beck: It's starting to happen.
- But I believe in the American people. I believe that we are not too far gone. I believe that people can watch and see the difference. They can feel the difference. When you watch Barack Obama, you can just see he is angry. When you watch Mitt Romney, you can see he is not. We are not an angry nation. We don't listen to demagogues like that. It doesn’t work. No matter how much power he has amassed, no matter how many friends in the media he has, Americans know. And if they reject it this time, if they're so dead inside - that's a possibility - if they're so dead inside that they can no longer see the difference between good and evil, we have to be destroyed because we will be a remarkable evil on this planet.
- We are Germany 1930. And if people don't speak out, you have no choice of changing course later. You can deny it all you want, but the socialist revolution is here.
- "Shut up, sit down, zip your mouth. Know that I am God." Okay. When we have the chance, if this stuff all falls into place, that The Blaze is going through right now, I'm telling you — miracles, absolute miracles.
- You want to talk about rape? That's— that's media rape right there. You said you would not do that! Since when does your no mean yes? Do you know the definition of no, sir? You've just raped Bill Cosby. You said you wouldn't do it. You just did it. And then you blamed it on him. My gosh, maybe we should have a lesson on rape.
- I beg you not to listen to the experts in this country anymore. The fools disguised in tweed jackets or ascots of the Ivy League campuses. The scholars and the experts and those who have been around in the State Department forever, blahdy blahdy blahdy. They couldn't find their way through an unlocked door at a locksmith shop. They come on TV and they lecture you about how everything is fine and everything is in a box. I have news for you: I believe it was the great philosopher Depeche Mode that said "nothing is impossible." Life is outside of the box now and if you're inside of the box, you'll suffocate.
Quotes about BeckEdit
- Alphabetized by author
- This is a guy who uses more swastika props and video of the Nuremberg rallies than the History Channel.
- Glenn Beck has Nazi Tourette's.
- I said, "Let's start doing some Glenn Beck stuff but in praise of Glenn Beck." But every time we do one, he will have done something dumber. He raised the stupid bar and now it's nearly inapproachable. I worry that if we use that as a model...if somebody doesn't believe what they're saying, it's very hard to out-stupid them. Because then there's no place to sink our hook into, there's no mountain to climb there. I can't climb Glenn Beck since there's nothing there.
- James Cameron, who directed Avatar, is in a feud with Glenn Beck, because Cameron called him a madman. The two are very different. One makes millions creating fictional stories, and the other is James Cameron.
- We're not accusing Glenn Beck of raping and murdering a young girl in 1990 - in fact, we think he didn't! But we can't help but wonder, since he has failed to deny these horrible allegations. Why won't he deny that he raped and killed a young girl in 1990?
- DidGlennBeckRapeAndMurderAYoungGirlIn1990.com, 2 September 2009 (satirical website parodying Glenn Beck's rhetorical style)
- for quotes from Beck's case against this website, see Beck v. Eiland-Hall
- Only in America can you make that much money crying. Glenn Beck is not aligned with any party. He is aligned with cynicism and there has always been a market for cynics. But we became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers.
- Satan's mentally challenged younger brother.
- When Glenn Beck had his big rally on the mall, he said something like — he at one point said, "Today, I was holding George Washington's inaugural in my hand." No, you can't do that, it's in Plexiglas — you can't — it's 200 years old. You can't give that to people to pass around and smudge up with their grimy fingers. But it didn't matter, because it never matters to these people because nothing they say is ever fact-checked.
- I don't think he has ever really read Thomas Paine, because it's nothing to do with what he believes in or what he professes to believe in.
- Bill Maher, about Beck's numerous mentions of Paine's works, especially Common Sense, on Larry King Live (2010-09-14)
- The danger of today's version of the mythical homespun aw-shucks-TV-totalitarian-Lonesome-Rhodes Glenn Beck is summed up by remarks today in which he claims that a revolution has begun in this country — a 'stealing of America in the guise of an election' — and his repeated insistence that the President is a Marxist. The comfort of today's mythical homespun aw-shucks-TV-totalitarian-Lonesome-Rhodes Glenn Beck is that everyday he gives away the essential truth that he is an idiot.
- Who'd have thought a history buff with a quirky sense of humor and a chalkboard could make for such riveting television? Glenn's like the high school government teacher so many wish they'd had, charting and connecting ideas with chalk-dusted fingers — kicking it old school — instead of becoming just another talking-heads show host. Self-taught, he's become America's professor of common sense, sharing earnestly sought knowledge with an audience hungry for truth.
- Finally, a guy who says what people who aren't thinking are thinking.
- Stewart, Jon (17 November 2006), The Daily Show
- "Jon Stewart on Beck's remark to Keith Ellison: "Finally, a guy who says what people who aren't thinking are thinking"", Media Matters for America, 18 November 2006
- Leibovich, Mark (29 September 2010), "Being Glenn Beck", New York Times Magazine
- on Beck saying to Keith Ellison, "I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."
- But what ought to worry conservatives in particular is that Beck not only has the unusual capacity to discredit virtually every cause he takes up; he also confirms the worst caricatures of the right.
- I would have never started watching Fox News if it wasn't for the fact that Beck was on there. And it was the things that he did, it was the things he exposed that blew my mind.
- Beck will deny everything about violent approach, deny everything about conspiracies, but he'll give you every reason to believe it. He’s protecting himself, and you can't blame him for that. So, but I understand what he's doing.