Gender is the range of physical, biological, mental and behavioral characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- ...our notions of what a human being is problematically depend on there being two coherent genders. And if someone doesn't comply with either the masculine norm or the feminine norm, their very humaness is called into question.
- Judith Butler The Believer Magazine - Interview - Issue 2
- The real problem between the sexes is that for men, sex is a gender-underliner, they need it for their egos. We don’t need sex to make us feel we are the person we need to be.
- Carol Clewlow, interview in The Observer newspaper, 19th February 1989; Quoted in: Wendell Scales (2003), 9 1/2 Couples: Life Love Intimacy.
- Man is a ribald—Man’s a rake,
Man is Nature’s sole mistake!
- W. S. Gilbert, Princess Ida, Act II
- Women forgive but never forget; men forget but never forgive.
- Robert Jordan, in the Wheel of Time series
- For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.
- Rudyard Kipling ‘The Female of the Species’, Rudyard Kipling’s Verse (1919)
- As far as I'm concerned, being any gender is a drag.
- Patti Smith, quoted in Levine, Martin P. (1998). Gay Macho, New York: New York University Press.