- "It doesn't matter," WisestFrog answered. "You knew that the thoughts were beneath you and you felt small. And here in the Land of the Gods, everything is so creative that your thoughts may give results you don't expect at all. But you really have no problem. Just think big yourself bigger. Go ahead, think a big thought."
- Jane Roberts in Emir's Education In The Proper Use of Magical Powers, p. 44-45.
- Eye of newt and toe of frog,
- A frog he would a-wooing go.
- Too hard for any frog's digestion,
To have his froghood call'd in question!
- I don't see no p'ints about that frog that's any better'n any other frog.
- When you want to drain the marsh, you don't consult the frogs.
- attributed to "a member of the Melbourne Union" in The Australasian Coachbuilder and Wheelwright. Vol. 12, 1901. p. 43 books.google.
- [...] the old adage that, if you intend to drain a swamp you should not consult the frogs, [...]"
- Australia. Parliamentary Debates. Vol. 52 (1909), p. 4845 (Senate 21 Oct. 1909) books.google.
- Aber mir fällt da ein der Ausspruch eines Pariser Arbeiters aus dem Jahr 1847: Quand on vent dessécher un marais, on ne fait pas en voter les grenouilles - wenn man einen Sumpf austrocknen will, läßt man nicht die Frösche darüber abstimmen.