Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter is a 1984 slasher film. It is the fourth in the Friday the 13th film series. Though it was billed as "The Final Chapter," there have been further sequels in the franchise. The popularity and financial success of the film, which grossed over $32 million, kept Paramount Pictures from retiring the franchise. Because of the finality of this film's polt and title, the next film, Friday the 13th: A New Beginning, attempted to continue the series with a different killer.
- [Rob Dire and Trish Jarvis talk about Jason Voorhees]
- Rob Dire: My sister, Sandra, was just a really great kid.
- Trish Jarvis: But the man that killed your sister is dead.
- Rob: No, he's alive. Look. Jason as a child, right? Artist's conception of Jason as described by a would-be victim, right? And then the murders.
- Trish: But he's dead.
- Rob: Jason's body disappeared from the morgue.
- Trish: It was stolen.
- Rob: It was not stolen! Two people at the hospital are missing! A coincidence? He's alive.
- Trish: Oh, my god! Tommy's at the house!
- Jimmy: He thinks that's funny. He thinks that's a funny thing he's doing.
- Jimmy: Ted, I think... I think when we get to town I should call Betty.
- Ted: Jimbo, calling Betty is definitely a dead thing to do. Look, first rule of love: never get rejected by the same girl twice, I mean that's useless. If you want to make a fool out of yourself, always do it with someone new.
- Jimmy: I don't know anyone new.
- Ted: Well, sex is a great way to meet them.
- Ted: Let me put this into the ol' computer.
- Jimmy: Ted, I'm serious about this.
- Ted: Hey, the computer didn't lie.
- Jamison: [on TV news] Yes, the man responsible for the murders in Wessex County this past week is at this moment in the Wessex County Medical Center.
- Axel: [to Jason's body] Hey, that's you they're talking about on TV, pal.
- Axel: [Nurse Morgan starts to leave] Hey, hey. Where are you going?
- Morgan: I'll tell you where I'm going! I'm going crazy!