Winning doesn't necessarily mean you're right. History will be a better judge of that. But that's the beauty of democracy — you believe what you believe, I believe what I believe, and as long as we're not hurting each other, that's fine.
Francis Escudero (born October 10, 1969) is a Filipino politician.
- Winning doesn't necessarily mean you're right. History will be a better judge of that. But that's the beauty of democracy — you believe what you believe, I believe what I believe, and as long as we're not hurting each other, that's fine. Placing a value judgement on a person's beliefs has no place in a democracy.
- As quoted in "Chiz the whiz takes aim at the Upper House" in The Philippine Daily Inquirer (29 May 2005), p. Q1
- Sama-sama nating ipaglaban kung ano ang tama at labanan kung ano ang mali
- Wag n'yong hayaan na pagdating ng panahon, sisihin kayo ng susunod na henerasyon dahil wala kayong ginawa… Wag kayong pumayag na manuod na lamang sa gilid, pumalakpak, ngumiti at kumaway habang hinuhubog ang ating kasaysayan. Sana'y makilahok kayo sa paghubog ng ating kasaysayan.
- Translation: Don't let it happen when the time comes, that you will be blamed by the next generation because you did nothing. Don't allow yourself to just stay at the side, clap your ands, smile, and wave your hands as we create history. i hope you can join in creating history.
- Francis Escudero official website
- I disagree that I'm on the wrong side. I'm just not on your side.
- It is the truth that has lost. But the search for the truth does not end today.
- There are no tough opponents in a debate, but only tough issues
- In a democracy, you must follow the will of the majority, which may be right or wrong, moral or immoral, just or unjust. If that's the ruling of the majority that is what you should follow, respect, and obey — although you may continue to disagree with it.
Last modified on 23 June 2013, at 15:49