Forever Knight (1992-1996): Nick Knight an 800 year old vampire seeks redemption for his soul by working as a Toronto homicide detective. Medical Examiner Dr. Natalie Lambert also uses her scientific training to try to thwart the vampire in Nick and reclaim his humanity.
He was brought across in 1228,
Preyed on humans for their blood.
Now he wants to be mortal again.
To repay society for his sins,
To emerge from his world of darkness,
From his endless forever night.
Nick Knight [1.0]Edit
(Filmed in 1989 with Rick Springfield in the lead role.)
- Nick: You have no idea what it's like to live all these years, and watch those you love grow old and die, one by one.
- Nick:: I am what I am, and I don't think Betty Ford takes vampires.
- Nick:: What are you on anyway, man?
Dark Knight [1.1]Edit
Dark Knight, the Second Chapter [1.2]Edit
For I Have Sinned [1.3]Edit
Last Act [1.4]Edit
Dance by the Light of the Moon [1.5]Edit
Dying to Know You [1.6]Edit
False Witness [1.7]Edit
Cherry Blossoms [1.8]Edit
I Will Repay [1.9]Edit
Dead Air [1.10]Edit
Dead Issue [1.12]Edit
Father Figure [1.13]Edit
Spin Doctor [1.14]Edit
Dying for Fame [1.15]Edit
Only the Lonely [1.16]Edit
Unreality TV [1.17]Edit
Feeding the Beast [1.18]Edit
If Looks Could Kill [1.19]Edit
Fatal Mistake [1.20]Edit
Love You to Death [1.22]Edit
Killer Instinct [2.1]Edit
A Fate Worse Than Death [2.2]Edit
Stranger Than Fiction [2.3]Edit
Bad Blood [2.4]Edit
Forward Into the Past [2.5]Edit
Capital Offence [2.6]Edit
- Natalie:: [Sees Nick lost in thought] Nick?
- Det. Nick Knight:: It's nothing, Nat. Another time. Another place.
- Det. Nick Knight:: You are everything I detest.
- The Hunter:: Well, well, a vampire with a conscience.
Faithful Followers [2.8]Edit
- Lucien LaCroix:: My very old friend Thomas wagered me he would be able to persuade you to deliver this most intelligent and beautiful woman to him by simply telling you what you so desperately wanted to hear. There may be a cure. Well, there isn't one, of course. When will you learn, Nicholas, that this quest of yours is a hopeless one, that it will only cause you and others misery? Normally, I hate to lose, but the look of utter foolishness on your face almost makes it worthwhile.
Undue Process [2.9]Edit
Father's Day [2.10]Edit
- Lucien LaCroix: :I want you to stay out of this. I think a child owes his father that much courtesy.
- Det. Nick Knight:: What about what a father owes his child? It works both ways, you know.
- Lucien LaCroix:: Let's see what your friend Schanke has to say about that shall we?
[picks up Schanke's fathers day paper]
- Lucien LaCroix: :"A father provides love, guidance, discipline, protection and support." That's not bad.
- Det. Nick Knight:: He left out freedom.
- Lucien LaCroix:: So would I.
Can't Run, Can't Hide [2.11]Edit
Lucien LaCroix: "Lieutenant Drake and his murdering minions should not have been punished for what they did? Why, Nicolas, no justice for the wronged? No vengeance? What about the victims of his ill-conceived crusade? What about my plantations?"
Amateur Night [2.12]Edit
Beyond the Law [2.13]Edit
The Fix [2.14]Edit
Be My Valentine [2.15]Edit
- Lucien LaCroix :Love? A blip on the monitor of involuntary human response. A hiccup of emotion when compared with envy, hatred, lust. And just who was this Saint Valentine? A bishop, Roman, Third Century, got his head sliced off... ouch. For marrying lovers against his emperor's decree. You see, Claudius The Second believed that men made better warriors unmarried. Power comes with the absence of love. Love...drains us of our strength. We never learn, do we?
- Lucien LaCroix :Does love. really exist in this hedonistic world of ours? Or is it only our selfish needs? Our own desires that fuel the potion. Does she love me, love me not... What does it really matter? One hellish alchemy if it does.
Like some sweet on the track
Roll steel wheels right over her precious body
She's just a girl
The apple of your pie in the sky
Valentine her good
Goodbye my friend - Lucien LaCroix
- Lucien LaCroix : Just say no, love. . A colorful kewpie and an electric blanket will give you more satisfaction. Don't ever give them your heart.
- Lucien LaCroix :Constant stars, the only comforting light, kill the pain, this incessant longing...
- Lucien LaCroix :Love exists, it rages within, a silent scream of endless pain, and I shall commune to you, without equal, not death, not hell itself, but a precious, precious love, long withered, and gone...
The Fire Inside [2.16]Edit
Blood Money [2.17]Edit
Partners of the Month [2.18]Edit
Queen of Harps [2.19]Edit
A More Permanent Hell [2.20]Edit
- Det. Don Schanke:: You're not going to be young forever, Knight.
- Det. Nick Knight: :So who is the more powerful in the end - the hunter or the hunted?
- Lucien LaCroix: :I don't know. Perhaps there is a power greater than both.
- Det. Nick Knight: :And the possibility frightens you doesn't it?
- Lucien LaCroix: :But what kind of god is it that can create such perversity, that can make such torture?
- Lucien LaCroix: :Life will always find a way to cheat death.
The Code [2.21]Edit
Curiouser and Curiouser [2.22]Edit
- Lucien LaCroix: : Tonight, we mourn the loss of a dear friend. One moment so full of life, and the next, what was lies shattered and broken. Irretrievable. Beyond reach. Beyond hope. And we ask ourselves, 'if there is a God, how can this happen?' Better to ask, 'if there is a God... must it be sane?
Near Death [2.23]Edit
Dr. Natalie Lambert: So, did you learn anything while you were dying on me?
Det. Nick Knight : Yeah, I learned that I have to live with the choice I made 800 years ago, and that forgiveness is not something you ask for, it's something that you earn here, among the living.
Dr. Natalie Lambert: Come on, you know what I believe. Is there an afterlife? Yes. Can you just knock, walk in, and visit anytime you like? I don't think so.
Baby Baby [2.24]Edit
Close Call [2.25]Edit
Schanke: A tan will do you good. What's a little sunburn?
Det. Nick Knight: I don't tan. I don't burn. I implode.
Schanke: I can really see you two together. You must have been really something once.
Janette: It was a very long time ago.
Schanke: I know when. In college, right?
Janette: Actually, it was closer to the Renaissance.
Crazy Love [2.26]Edit
The Black Buddha: Part 1 [3.1]Edit
The Black Buddha: Part 2 [3.2]Edit
- Screed: You just do what needs to be done. You look her in the baby blues and you give her the bloody jammin'! You boozle the girl.
- Javier Vachon: She won't whammy, I tried. She's a resister.
- Screed: Then you suck the puppy proper.
- Nick: Are you going to run away from her like you're doing with the Inca? Your business with him is none of my concern; it's up to you, your conscience. He's alive and waiting at the church. But what you do with Tracy is my business. The only reason you're alive right now is because you let her go. You want to take off? Go ahead. But there will come a day, Vachon. There will come a day where you will have to stop and live up to your worth. Believe me. Eternity is a long time to keep running.
Outside the Lines [3.3]Edit
- [FLASHBACK: France, World War II, a cellar being used as headquarters by a cell of resistance fighters. Claude, leader of the cell, is poring over some papers on a table. The door opens behind him, and Nick enters]
[subtitle for French dialogue]
- Claude: :Welcome back, Nicolas. Successful?
- Nick:: [Nick places the box he's carrying in front of Claude]
[subtitle for French dialogue]
- Nick:: You tell me.
- Claude: :[Claude opens the box, and gazes at the contents triumphantly]
[subtitle for French dialogue]
- Claude: :High quality German blasting caps. You never cease to amaze me.
[Looks up at Nick]
- Claude: :After the war you will have a great future in crime.
Black Wing [3.4]Edit
Det. Nick Knight: Mr. Blackwing, uh, did he have a lot of enemies?
Devins: You saw him. Would you say that's the work of a friend?
Devins: And if you should see Gary Blackwing, tell him I miss him and love him like a brother. But he still owes me money.
Blind Faith [3.5]Edit
My Boyfriend Is a Vampire [3.6]Edit
Capt. Joe Reese: Break a foot.
Det. Nick Knight: Leg.
Capt. Joe Reese: ...Whatever.
Lucien LaCroix: Love. How it toys with us. Makes utter fools of us. Clubs, whips... and spanks us. Listen to the voices of the unloved as they surge and retreat in the night... Whisper to empty rooms... And lonely beds. The hunger of love. Unattained. Rushing through our fingers. Unstoppable. Fleeting. Gone. And yet, when we touch this love, it burns us with its bright flame. It punishes and consumes. And yet we must have it. It rules us. Uses. Abuses. Misuses. And yet why do we always crawl back for more?
[Speaking to Natalie] Det. Nick Knight: I don't think you ever will understand how much I care...
Hearts of Darkness [3.7]Edit
Lacroix: Nicholas, how thoughtful of you to bring your own coaster... if only all my clients were as environmentally conscious.
Lacroix: Really? You know, for all that I dislike what you do, it does appear to have some advantages...murder scenes and all that.
Urs: [to Vachon, the vampire who brought her across] I asked you to kill me, not to bring me across, not to bear for eternity what I couldn't bear for another second. I asked for death, and you gave me forever--forever!
Javier Vachon: [referring to Monica, a supposed novice stripper] If she's a amateur, I'm a vegetarian.
Det. Nicholas 'Nick' Knight: [Ellen is suspected of being the killer. Natalie finished examining a piece of sexy lingerie with Ellen's hair found] Well, her closet was full of this stuff...but Ellen, I mean you saw her, she just isn't the type.
Dr. Natalie Lambert: I don't know, grandparents get busted for mail-order porn these days. You just don't know.
Javier Vachon: We don't live to kill, we kill to live.
Trophy Girl [3.8]Edit
Javier Vachon: Cars are sexier with fins, don't you think? More predatory.
Det. Nick Knight: For me it's a question of trunk space.
Javier Vachon: Pragmatist.
Let No Man Tear Asunder [3.9]Edit
[Nick walks into Natalie's lab and finds her peering into a microscope.]
Det. Nick Knight: Did you get anything interesting in there?
Natalie: Only if you like watching celular mitosis as much as I do. *And* people say that I'm a boring person.
[Nick smiles.] Det. Nick Knight: Imagine that.
Night in Question [3.10]Edit
Sons of Belial [3.11]Edit
[Nick speaks of his demon possession, facing away from Natalie.]
Det. Nick Knight: You can't imagine what it's like.
Natalie: Maybe not, but we all have our demons.
Det. Nick Knight: Not like this.
[Nick turns to face Natalie, his eyes green and intense.]
Natalie: Don't, don't do that!
Det. Nick Knight: It's all right...don't be afraid.
[Nick's eyes return to normal.]
Det. Nick Knight: I think that what happened set me back a bit-- set us back a bit; I don't know how much...but I haven't felt such a powerful need for human blood in a long time.
Lucien LaCroix: In courts and palaces, he also reigns. And in luxurious cities, where the noise of riot ascends above their loftiest towers. And injury and outrage. And when night darkens the street, then wander forth the Sons of Belial. Flown with insolence, and wine. Paradise...lost.
Det. Nick Knight: I take it you need something.
Javier Vachon: Your doctor friend.
Det. Nick Knight: What for?
Javier Vachon: I've got a sick friend. I need her help.
Det. Nick Knight: She's not that kind of doctor.
Javier Vachon: I hear she's pretty good with the dead. And the undead. Look, I can't take this one to the hospital. In the emergency room, what am I'm gonna tell them? He's allergic to penicillin, garlic, sunlight, crosses, and food. He's about four hundred and fifty and he can fly.
Det. Nick Knight: Stay out of the sun, avoid sharp sticks, and you get to live forever. That's supposed to be the deal.
Dead of Night [3.14]Edit
Games Vampires Play [3.15]Edit
Human Factor [3.16]Edit
Avenging Angel [3.17]Edit
Fallen Idol [3.18]Edit
Jane Doe [3.19]Edit
Lucien LaCroix: For the cappuccinos, friends; smoke them if you have them. It's poetry time again. Some thoughts for you to dream on. Tonight's likeness exerted from Killing Mind, by that fellow who got rich writing greeting cards for the Devil: "Life's ending evolution;/Every death is growth;/She should please me now,/This dead one,/With whatever warmth remains;/With that rattle in her throat;/And with slackening breath/Should whisper/'I love you for what you've done;/You've let my spirit out,/And I never saw you coming/Nor dreamed what you're about.'"
Det. Nick Knight: You have to understand that every drop of blood has your whole life in it. It's just not our food. It's the way we feel life. Imagine if you could know someone's soul just by sharing blood. Everything you know, everything you are, transformed into touch and taste. Imagine the temptation to take just one sip. One sip and then another and another, to take them inside you and know every secret, to let them know yours, to be them. That's why it's such a tough habit to break.
Ashes to Ashes [3.21]Edit
[LaCroix is being held at the police station on suspicion of murder. He stands in a front corner of his cell while his four inmates are squeezed in the opposite corner on a bench, never taking their eyes off LaCroix. Nick comes to speak to him.]
Lucien LaCroix: Clearly, I have a future as a sobering influence on the disenfranchised.
Last Knight [3.22]Edit
Lucien LaCroix: Life is a gift. As sweet as a ripe peach. As precious as a gilded jewel. I have never been able to understand the logic of wilfully surrendering such a treasure. And what is there to gain? How dark can your existence be, when compared to an eternal void? Unless, of course, you have faith that there is something beyond. What do you see from where you stand? A bright light at the end of the tunnel? Is it a ray of hope? A glimmer of something better? Or will it burn you like the rising sun? Is that sound you're hearing the trumpeting of St. Peter's angels? Or the screams of Memnoch's tortured souls? You can't answer that. Can you? Because you will never know the answer, till the deed is done. And is your faith, really that strong? I understand the need to move on. It is something that happens. And your time has truly come. I also understand that with the beauty of this life there comes pain and despair. No one is immune. But consider what is in your hands. Don't trade a treasure for an empty box.
Det. Nick Knight: LaCroix, is it possible for a vampire to have faith?
Lucien LaCroix: That's a strange question at this moment in time.
Det. Nick Knight: Have you ever had faith...in anything but yourself?
Lucien LaCroix: ...I've seen too much.
Det. Nick Knight: Well then maybe I haven't seen enough.
Lucien LaCroix: After nearly eight hundred years? Nicholas, be done with her. Time heals all. We must move on. You cannot deny what you are!
Det. Nick Knight: ...I cannot condemn her to this darkness.
Lucien LaCroix: A wise decision. We even have time for a burial, if you'd like.
Det. Nick Knight: ...She had faith in me, in what's beyond...that we could have a life together...that this would be a beginning, not an end...I have that faith, too.
Lucien LaCroix: And so, in your eyes, I am the Devil.
Det. Nick Knight: No, not the Devil, LaCroix.
Lucien LaCroix: What, then?
Det. Nick Knight: You are my closest friend.
[Nick hands LaCroix a stake]
Lucien LaCroix: ...Damn you, Nicholas!
"Science won't help you to understand what I am, or the hell of an existence I've locked myself into."
"I'm re-vamping myself, Janette. From now on, I say I'm a vampire and proud of it!"
"Word to the wise - immortality is no excuse not to floss."
"Stay out of the sun, avoid sharp sticks, and you get to live forever. That's supposed to be the deal."
"Well, I have seen stranger things in my time -- men who walk through fire, children born speaking long-dead languages, and Harry Houdini had rather a nifty trick with handcuffs and a tank full of water."
"You don't look well, Don Constantine. Time's a bitch, isn't it?"
"I can see by the old clock on the wall that it's very nearly Father's Day. So, tonight's question is -- what is a father?"
"Love... a blip on the monitor of involuntary human response, a hiccup of emotion when compared with envy... hatred... lust. And just who was this... St. Valentine? A Bishop. Roman 3rd Century, got his head sliced off... ouch... for marrying lovers against his Emperor's decree. You see, Claudius the Second believed that men made better warriors unmarried. Power comes with the absence of love. Love... drains us of our strength. We never learn... do we? And you say that love conquers all! Well, not for you St. Valentine, not for me. Not for any are that... heart... broken."
"Les mortels meurent. Qu'importe la façon?" ["Mortals die. Does it really matter how?"]
"I have faced death this night, and I have called his bluff."
"I think you're very lucky to have such good friends. Appreciate them, Knight. It's what makes life worth living."
"Suicide is never the answer!"
[Answering morgue phone] "Natalie's Bed and Breakfast."
"Nick, I'm in the habit of believing 10 unbelievable things before breakfast every day, starting with you."
[Examining the contents of Tracy's refrigerator] "You arrange this stuff alphabetically?"
"First night, first feeding, you wake up so hungry, you'll do anything for the blood you need. Take anyone. Enemy, friend, lover. If your first kill isn't human, you don't hunger for humans."
Detective Don SchankeEdit
"I'm curious what happens when we die, but I don't go on reconnaissance missions to find out!"
"Hasta la bye-bye!"
"Surely you are old enough by now to understand the difference between 'not guilty' and 'innocent.' "
"Poor Nicholas...tortured by a soul he hasn't got."
"That's not enthusiasm, it's desperation. They all dance as if Father Time were shooting bullets at their feet, which, I suppose, he is."
Detective Tracy VetterEdit
"Now that I've expressly told you I don't need your help... I need your help."
[To Nick] "You...could have trusted me."
- Javier Vachon:: So, what is this now? Every time you run across something really weird, you run to your supernatural chum, Vachon, for the inside dope?
- Tracy Vetter:: Well, you're the only supernatural friend I have.
- Det. Nick Knight:: I need a favor, Nat.
- Natalie: :I don't know, Nick, favors for you usually involve more than "Can I borrow your car?"
- Det. Nick Knight: :I'll need that too.
- Det. Nick Knight:: Don't. Don't get too close to me.
- Natalie:: Why? You want to hurt me? Kill me?
- Det. Nick Knight: :No. But I might anyway.
- Det. Nick Knight:: The life I can offer him is worse than death.
- Dr. Natalie Lambert:: Oh, really? Then why don't you just kill yourself? If what you have is so terrible, then end it. Here, let me do it for you!
- Det. Nick Knight:: And you're not afraid?
- Dr. Natalie Lambert:: Fear is based on ignorance. I'd rather try to understand. Understand who you are... *what* you are.
- Det. Nick Knight:: You're a unique woman.
- Dr. Natalie Lambert:: No. I'm a scientist.
- Det. Don Schanke:: You're not talking about a six-year-old here.
- Det. Nick Knight:: We *could* debate that, Schanke.
- Tracy Vetter:: I dated him once.
- Det. Nick Knight:: Was it serious?
- Tracy Vetter:: No, I mean I dated him ONCE.
- Geraint Wyn Davies ... Det. Nicholas 'Nick' Knight
- Catherine Disher ... Dr. Natalie Lambert
- Nigel Bennett ... Lacroix
- John Kapelos ... Det. Don Schanke
- Deborah Duchene ... Janette
- Natsuko Ohama ... Capt. Amanda Cohen
- Lisa Ryder ... Det. Tracy Vetter
- Blu Mankuma ... Capt. Joe Reese
- Ben Bass ... Javier Vachon
- Gary Farmer ... Capt. Joe Stonetree
- Sandi Ross ... Grace Balthazar
- Greg Kramer ... Screed