- Now what I want most, is the gift of the Goddess.
- No such luck, you're a monster.
- We are... Monsters ... We have neither dreams nor honor.
- JENOVA-project G, gave birth to monsters like me and Angeal. JENOVA-project S,... used the remains of countless failed experiments to create a perfect monster.
- Poor little Sephiroth... You've never actually met your mother, you've only been told her name, no? I don't know what images you've conjured up in your head, but... JENOVA, was excavated from a 2000 year old rock layer... She's a monster.
- What do you know... SHINRA LAPDOGS!?
- Just a scrape, ... I'll be fine, don't worry...Even if the morrow is barren of promises... Nothing shall forestall... My return.
- My friend, your desire... Is the bringer of life, the gift of the Goddess!
- My friend, do you fly away now? To a world that abhors you and I? All that awaits you is a somber morrow, no matter where the winds may blow...
- When the war of the beasts brings about the worlds end, the goddess descends from the sky... her gift everlasting.
- I don't see Sephiroth today, but... Are you game?
- If this world seeks my destruction... It goes with me...
- My 'parents' betrayed me... They had always betrayed me, from the very beginning.
- The world needs a new hero!
- So smug... But, for how long?
- Settle down... Zack, the puppy.
- Out of my way!
- Perfect monster indeed...
- Infinite in mystery, is the gift of the goddess, we seek it thus, and take to the sky. Ripples form on the water's surface, the wandering soul knows no rest...
- That's no way to talk to an Hero!
- I see. You've finally made your decision, I'll respect your wishes old friend... However, can you really live... on that side?
- There is no hate, only joy, for you are beloved by the goddess. Hero of the dawn, healer of worlds.
- Three friends go into battle, one is captured, one flies away, the one that is left, becomes a hero.
- My soul corrupted by vengeance, hath endured torment, to find the end of my journey in my own salvation... and your eternal slumber...
- Then I willingly accept my fate... But, I'll take the world with me!
- In hindsight perhaps
- To become a hero.
- What happened to dreams and honor?
- SOLDIER... doesn't mean monster...
- We're not monsters, you hear me? We're SOLDIER!
- SOLDIER 2nd class Zack, on the job!
- So I can cut loose, right?
- Dammit, you're not the only Hero!
- Sephiroth! Have you completely lost your mind?!
- Sephiroth... I trusted you...
- No! You're not the Sephiroth I once knew!
- Embrace your dreams, and... whatever happens, protect your honor... as SOLDIER!
- Sephiroth's mother's name is... Jenova?
- Wait, you said 'average' SOLDIER members, what about you?
- Oh yeah!
- Hello to you too!
- Come and get it!
- Piece of cake, I'll make first in no time!
- No time to play!
- Sorry if your sword got any wear, tear or rust on it.
- Don't sweat it. If I can do it, you can, too.
- SOLDIER and monsters? We're the same?
- If people had wings... They'd be monsters.
- For the both of us... you're gonna... live. You'll be... my living legacy.
- My honor, my dreams... they're yours now.
- Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams.
- That girl, she said that the sky frightened her, that looks so liberating.
- Those wings, I want them too.
- It feels... good.
- Hey, would you say I became a hero?
The price of freedom is steep
- Then what should an angel fight for Zack? What do angels dream of?! Angels dream of one thing... To be human.
- Flying feels... pretty good.
- Zack... You have my thanks...
- All hail Sephiroth, huh?
- Stop! You'll destroy us all!
- This sword is a symbol of our family's dreams and honor.
- Zack, join my battle, our enemy is all that creates suffering.
- My mother could not continue to live... And neither... can the son...
- My father is DEAD!
- Use 'some' discretion...
- Use brings about wear, tear and rust, and that's a real waste.
- I can be... pretty cheap.
- You're a little more important than my sword,... but just a little.
- Zack, embrace your dreams... If you want to be a Hero, you need to have dreams... and honor.
- Don't take Sephiroth lightly...
- Zack, focus!
- Honor can be quite a burden ... at times...
- But even then, I had my honor. The largest Banora White tree grew on a wealthy man's estate. It was rumored, that those apples tasted the best, but I never stole from that tree, because the wealthy man's son, was my friend...
- No story, is not worth hearing.
- I've become... A monster. A monster's objective is usually world domination or revenge...
- Why couldn't I be the donor?
- Permission to return, granted.
- Depending on what happens, I may abandon Shinra.
- Ever since I was a child, I knew I was not like the others... I knew mine was a special existence... But this, this was not what I meant... Am I- A human being?
- Whether your words...are lies created to deceive me... or the truth that I have sought all my life... It makes no difference. You will rot.
- I have been chosen to rule this planet.
- Hm, come and try.
- Abominations spawned by mako energy, that's what monsters are.
- You average SOLDIER members, are mako infused humans. You're enhanced, but you're still human, but then, what are those things, their mako energy levels are exponentially higher than yours.
- My mother's name is Jenova, my father... (*laughs*) Why am I talking about this?
- Huh, is that the best you can do?
- Showing your back to the enemy, overconfidence will destroy you...
- It's over...
- Are you Zack, the puppy?
- My son wrote to me once about you, zero attention span, restless as a little puppy.
- Genesis... he used to be such a good boy.
- That sword represents our family's honor.
- Don't be concerned... Genesis, cannot harm me.
- I understand now why Sephiroth chose you... Genesis and Angeal, those two are Sephiroth's only friends. He didn't want to fight them, that's why he refused the mission.
- Don't worry, we're paid much better than you are.
- When I was a kid, I've always wanted to have wings. You know, like an angel.
- Wings symbolize freedom for those who have none, they don't symbolize monsters.
- Good night. Zack.
- My name is Cloud. SOLDIER, first class.
- I have twenty-three tiny wishes, but you probably won't remember them all, so I put them all together into one... I'd like to spend more time with you.
- The sky is closer in the city above, right? Kinda scary, but the flowers might like it...maybe.
Loveless (Spoken by Genesis Rhapsodos)Edit
When the war of the beasts bring about the world's end, The goddess descends from the sky, Wings of light and dark spread afar, She guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting.
- Act 1
Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess, We seek it thus, and take it to the sky, Ripples form on the water's surface, The wandering soul knows no rest.
- Act 2
There is no hate, only joy, For you are beloved by the goddess, Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds. Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul, Pride is lost, Wings stripped away, the end is nigh.
- Act 3
My friend, do you fly away now? To a world that abhors you and I? All that awaits you is a somber morrow, No matter where the winds may blow. My friend, your desire, Is the bringer of life, the gift of the goddess. Even if the morrow is barren of promises, Nothing shall forestall my return.
- Act 4
My friend, the fates are cruel, There are no dreams, no honor remains, The arrow has left, the bow of the goddess. My soul, corrupted by vengeance, Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey, In my own salvation, And your eternal slumber. Legend shall speak, Of sacrifice at world's end, The wind sails over the water's surface, Quietly, but surely.
- Act 5 (Unofficial, created by Genesis)
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, Nothing shall forestall my return, To become the dew that quenches the land, To spare the sands, the seas, the skies, I offer thee this silent sacrifice.