|This religious leader article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The community does not suffer deficiencies. What is lacking in one individual is made up by the other.
- Quoted in Christopher B. Ricks and Leonard Michaels, The State of the Language, p. 60
- The modern world, more than in any preceding epoch, feels the necessity to learn anew how to pray.
- The World of Prayer, vol. 1, page 1
- A ladder is the instrument of ascent; it symbolises intensity rising to a climax. this, too, is the meaning of prayer.
- The World of Prayer, vol. 1, page 11