Edwin Washington Edwards, 4-term governor of Louisiana, born 7 August 1927.
- The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy.
- If we don't get Dave Treen out of office, there won't be anything left to steal.
- Reporter: What will it take to beat Duke decisively?
Edwards: For me to stay alive.
- We're both wizards in the sheets
- On the similarities between David Duke and himself
- I never speak ill of dead people or live judges.
- When asked for a statement while on trial for corruption
- I did not do anything wrong as a governor. Even if you accept the verdict as it is, it doesn't indicate that.
- After receiving his conviction for racketeering
- I will be a model prisoner, as I have been a model citizen.
- On his way to prison, in 2001
- Let the bastards freeze in the dark.
- Referring to Senator Edward Kennedy and Kennedy's political allies and constituents when they had Louisiana natural gas forcibly shipped out of state at artificially low prices during the energy crisis - causing shortages and price hikes of natural gas in Louisiana and an unprecedentedly cold winter for residents of the state.
- Some politicians like to kiss babies...I like to kiss the baby's mommas
- At a campaign rally in 1992
Last modified on 18 November 2008, at 14:29