- Apostolic preaching cannot be carried on unless there be apostolic prayer.
- Men of God, before anything else, are indispensable to the furtherance of the kingdom of God on earth.
- God shapes the world by prayer.
- Purpose in Prayer (1920), p. 9.
- In prayerful sympathy and love. Hold to the old truth -- double distilled.
- Preachers are not sermon makers, but men makers and saint makers, and he only is well-trained for this business who has made himself a man and a saint. It is not great talents nor great learning nor great preachers that God needs, but men great in holiness, great in faith, great in love, great in fidelity, great for God - men always preaching by holy sermons in the pulpit, by holy lives out of it. These can mold a generation for God.