- Furiae: It begins.
- Caim: [brimming with hatred] A dragon!
- Red Dragon: [when Caim raises his sword to finish off the already wounded dragon] Kill me if you desire. But you can never dirty my soul, wretched human.
- Caim: Tell me—do you still want to live, dragon?
- Red Dragon: [caught off-guard] What?
- Caim: A pact! There's no other way!
- Red Dragon: Hmph! What makes you worthy of a pact with me?
- Caim: Worthy or not, I wish to live. Despise me if you will, but I shall not die! Your answer! A pact, or…death?!
- Caim: [exhales] Your answer.
- Red Dragon: A pact, or death… We are united by our need to live.
- Caim: Well…?
- Red Dragon: Yes… A pact.
- Inuart: Welcome to a world without song…
- Red Dragon: [as she becomes the new seal; sees Caim crying for her] I have never…seen you weep before.
[She raises her head to look at Caim.]
- Red Dragon: There is but one thing I wish for you to remember. …Angelus. My name is Angelus.
[Stunned, Caim looks away, a single tear running down his cheek.]
- Angelus: You are the first…and the last of your kind…to know my name. Farewell, fool human…
- Angelus: It is done! At last…
- Note: This ending directly leads to the events of Nier.