Diet is defined as the usual food and drink of a person or animal. It can also mean a regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.
- Der Mensch ist, was er isst.
- A man is what he eats.
- Ludwig Feuerbach (1804-1872), Blätter für literarische Unterhaltung, 12th November 1850.
- Men are so imprudent that they take up a diet which, though it tastes sweet, is poisonous.
- Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
- Simple diet is best.
- Things sweet to taste prove in digestion sour.
- In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats about twice as much as nature requires.
- I'm on a whisky diet. I've lost three days already.
- Tommy Cooper
- Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow ye diet.
- Lewis C. Henry