David Brinkley (July 10, 1920 – June 11, 2003) was an American television journalist.
- The one function that T.V. news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if it were.
- as cited in One Man's America (2008), George F. Will, Random House, p. 118 (Chapter 15, Lingerie and Duct Tape) : ISBN 0307407861 9780307407863
- Washington, D.C. is a city filled with people who believe they are important.
- as cited in Great Political Wit: laughing (almost) all the way to the White House (2000), Bob Dole, Random House, p. 89 : ISBN 0767906675, 9780767906678
- [Bill Clinton] has not a creative bone in his body. Therefore he is a bore and will always be a bore.
- I wish to say that we all look forward with great pleasure to four years of wonderful, inspiring speeches full of wit, poetry, music, love and affection. More goddamn nonsense.
- --During election night 1996.
Last modified on 18 May 2013, at 17:22