The Cybermen are a fictional race of cyborgs who are amongst the most persistent enemies of The Doctor in the British science fiction television series, Doctor Who. Cybermen were originally a wholly organic species of humanoids originating on Earth's twin planet Mondas that began to implant more and more artificial parts into their bodies as a means of self-preservation. This led to the race becoming coldly logical and calculating, with every emotion all but deleted from their minds. The Cybermen also have a rivalry with the Daleks.
- The Cyber Leader: Excellent.
- The Cyber Leader: Destroy them. Destroy them at once!
- Cyberman: Delete! [The battle cry of the 2006 cybermen, similar to "Exterminate!" as in the Daleks.]
- Cybermen: You will be upgraded.
- Cyberman: You will become like us. [Numerous times throughout the series]
The First Doctor
- Portrayed by William Hartnell
The Tenth Planet
- Polly: Don't you care?!
- Cyberman: Care? No, why should I care?
- Polly: Because they're people and they're going to die!
- Cyberman: I do not understand you, there are people dying all over your world yet you do not care about them.
- Cyberman: Anyone who moves will be killed instantly.
- Barclay: Who, or what are you?
- Cyberman: We are called Cybermen.
- Barclay: Cybermen?
- Cyberman: Yes, Cybermen. We were exactly like you once, but our cybernetic scientists realised that our race was getting weak.
- Barclay: Weak?? How?
- Cyberman: Our life span was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced.
- Polly: But that means you're not like us! You're robots!
- Cyberman: Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed.
- Barclay: Weaknesses? What weaknesses?
- Cyberman: You call them emotions, do you not?
- Polly: But, that's terrible! You mean you wouldn't care about someone in pain?!
- Cyberman: There would be no need. We do not feel pain.
The Second Doctor
- Portrayed by Patrick Troughton
Tomb of the Cybermen
- The Cyber Controller: We will survive.
- The Cyber Controller: You belong to us. You shall be like us.
- The Professor: How did you know we would release you? You could have remained frozen forever.
- The Cyber Controller: The humanoid mind. You are inquisitive.
- The Doctor: Ah, I see. A trap. A very special sort of trap too.
- The Professor: What do you mean special trap?
- The Doctor: They wanted superior intellects. Thats why they made the trap so complicated!
- The Cyber Controller: We knew that somebody like you would come to our planet someday.
- The Doctor: Yes. We've done exactly as you calculated, haven't we?
- The Cyber Controller: Now you belong to us.
The Wheel in Space
- The Doctor: I suppose you've come for me?
- Cyberman 1: You know our ways.
- The Doctor: Yes, I hoped you realised somebody did. I imagine you have orders to destroy me?
- Cyberman 1: Yes.
- The Doctor: Tell me one thing, why did you order Duggan to destroy radio communication with the Earth? After all, that is why you want posession of the wheel, isn't it?
- Cyberman 1: You know our ways.
- The Doctor: That doesn't answer my question.
- Cyberman 2: He was instructed to destroy only the transmitting complex.
- The Doctor: Oh, I see, how interesting, yes, of course. And presumably your large space-ship holds your invasion fleet, and the smaller ships can only enter the planet's atmosphere by homing on a radio beam.
- Cyberman 1: You know our ways. You must be destroyed.
- The Doctor: Yes, I was afraid you'd get back to that.
- Vaughn: Revive it, just enough to bring it out of its cocoon.
- Scientist: Yes, sir.
- [Two scientists attach magnet like objects onto the cocoon, go over to a control panel and activate a machine. About 5 seconds later the cocoon starts to move and a Cyberman comes bursting out.]
- Vaughn: Hold it right there. Now, Gregory, connect the Professor's machine.
- Gregory: But, sir, it...
- Vaughn: Connect it!
- [He goes over to the Cyberman and connects earplugs to it's headphones]
- Gregory: What emotion shall I enduce, sir?
- Vaughn: Fear, let's see how the cybermen will react to fear.
- [Gregory turns a knob and the Cyberman starts to move]
- Vaughn: More power!
- Gregory: That's all there is!
- [The Cyberman starts screaming and rips off the headphones]
- [Packer starts shooting and the Cyberman goes through a door]
- Packer: It could have killed us!
- Vaughn: At least we have proven that the professor's machine is useful, but get him to work on it because I want directional control and TWICE AS MUCH POWER!
- Packer: It's following the others into the sewer, we can't let it do that!
- Vaughn: Why not?
- Packer: It will kill anything that gets in it's way!
- Vaughn: Good! Anyone foolish enough to be down in those sewers deserves to die!
The Fourth Doctor
- Portrayed by Tom Baker
Revenge of the Cybermen
- Cyber Lieutenant: Computer reports heavy phobic energy discharge between the beacon and Voga.
- CyberLeader: That means the humans have recently used their transmat beam?
- Cyber Lieutenant: Yes.
- CyberLeader: Time to docking?
- Cyber Lieutenant: Sixteen minutes.
- CyberLeader: Good. Order the boarding party to the board hatch.
- CyberLeader: The heart of Voga is almost pure gold, gold is hostile to our function.
- CyberLeader: Locate and destroy all animal organisims!
- CyberLeader: Cybermen can survive more efficiently than animal organisms. That is why we will rule the galaxy.
- Kelman: Have you killed them?
- CyberLeader: Of course not, we have neutralised them. They are necessary to our plan.
- CyberLeader: Once our landing is detected, the Vogons will attack in force.
- Kelman: They only have light arnaments, nothing that can affect your Cybermen.
- [The CyberLeader points to a map]
- CyberLeader: This is the main shaft?
- Kelman: Yes, this is the shaft that I explored for you. It runs right to the core of Voga.
- CyberLeader: How far from the shaft entrance is the transmat receptor area?
- Kelman: Just a matter of yards, I set the receptors as close as possible.
- CyberLeader: Excellent Kelman, you have done well.
- CyberLeader: The Humans will carry the explosives into the shaft.
- The Doctor: What's your cut Kelman? Voga's gold?
- CyberLeader: There will be no gold! Voga is to be utterly destroyed, and this time we will not fail!
- The Doctor: Oh really?
- CyberLeader: And you, Doctor, and your two friends will help us in this task. That is why your lives have been spared.
- The Doctor: What great rewards have you rewarded Kelman?
- CyberLeader: The matter is of no interest to you.
- The Doctor: Everything is of interest to me, and Cybermen possess nothing that a human might want.;
- CyberLeader: You are incorrect.
- The Doctor: What is it? You've no home planet, no influence, nothing! You're just a pathetic bunch of tin soldiers skulking around the galaxy in an ancient spaceship!
- CyberLeader: You speak unwisely. We are destined to be rulers of all the Cosmos!
- The Doctor: Oh, I don't think so somehow. You tried that once and you were nearly wiped out.
- Cyberman: All resistance overcome.
- CyberLeader: The beacon is ours!
The Fifth Doctor
- Portrayed by Peter Davison
- The Doctor: When did you last have the pleasure of smelling a flower, watching a sunset, eating a well prepared meal?!
- Cyberleader: These things are irrelevant.
- The Doctor: For some people, small beautiful things is what life is all about!
- [The CyberLeader turns round and looks at Tegan]
- CyberLeader: You have affection for this woman?
- The Doctor: She's a friend.
- CyberLeader: Do you consider emotion as a disadvantage?
- The Doctor: They have their uses.
- CyberLeader: Kill her.
- [The Cyberman walks over to Tegan pointing its gun at her]
- The Doctor: NO!!!
- [The CyberLeader gives the signal to move away]
- CyberLeader: Such a reaction is not a disadvantage?
- The Doctor: No.
- CyberLeader: There is still resistance.
- Cyberman: According to the Earthling, there were only ten crew members. They have all been accounted for.
- CyberLeader: Then he has lied, order the activation of re-inforcements.
The Sixth Doctor
- Portrayed by Colin Baker
Attack of the Cybermen
- [The CyberLeader points to Peri]
- CyberLeader: Destroy her, DESTROY HER AT ONCE!
- Peri: No, no, NO!
- The Doctor: Wait! Let's discuss this shall we?
- Peri: [stuttering] I agree.
- CyberLeader: There is nothing to discuss.
- The Doctor: If you want my co-operation, she must live!
- CyberLeader: You cannot bargain, Doctor. It would be unfortunate if you were to be killed but we still would have your TARDIS.
- [The Doctor runs over to the TARDIS console and punches a sequence into one of the keypads]
- The Doctor: Not anymore, you don't. In precisely 20 seconds you and it will cease to exist.
- CyberLeader: Release the woman.
- The Doctor: How do I know that you won't cheat and change your mind?
- CyberLeader: You have my word.
- The Doctor: I'm not sure that's enough.
- CyberLeader: Also, that of the CyberController.
- The Doctor: But he was destroyed...
- CyberLeader: No, merely damaged.
- The Doctor: Where is he now?
- CyberLeader: On our home planet, Telos.
- The Doctor: I see.
- [The timer is still counting down]
- Peri: Doctor!
- [The Doctor de-activates the timer just as it reaches '1']
- CyberLeader: Correct, we can now time-travel. Set the co-ordinates for Telos!
- CyberLeader: How did you know where to find us?
- Lytton: You have a ship hidden on the dark side of the Moon, I tracked your transmissions.
- CyberLeader: Inform Moon-base our signals are being detected, they must increase the distortion.
- Lytton: You are quite safe, Earth authorities can't pick up your signals, it's beyond their technology.
- Cyberman: You were capable?
- Lytton: I am not from Earth.
- CyberLeader: So you have said.
- Cyberman: Where do you come from?
- Lytton: Veta 15 in the star-system 690.
- CyberLeader: What is the name of your satellite?
- Lytton: Rifton 5.
- Cyberman: Controller, our instruments register an irregular transmission from the TARDIS.
- CyberController: Inform the CyberLeader, on-board it will be The Doctor attempting to inform the Time Lords of his destination.
- Cyberman: The Time Lords will attempt to stop us.
- CyberController: Whatever in their wisdom, they will be too late! Telos will have been destroyed and we shall have The Doctor's TARDIS
The Seventh Doctor
- Portrayed by Sylvester McCoy
- [The Cybermen are being attacked by arrows tipped in gold]
- CyberLeader: Destroy them, destroy them!
- CyberLieutenant: We cannot succeed, Leader. We must be gone.
- CyberLeader: No. Let them take the statue and the arrows with them.
- CyberLieutenant: The Cyber-race will cease to exist.
- CyberLeader: Your logic is correct. Their supply of gold is limited. Retreat!
- [The CyberLeader draws his men back]
The Eighth Doctor
- Portrayed by Paul McGann
- CyberLeader: I know you are afraid. Fear has consumed your entire lives. It has enslaved you, blinded you, lied to you. The tyranny of your emotions has been absolute. But we can free you from this madness. Salvation will be yours.
The Tenth Doctor
- Portrayed by David Tennant
Rise of the Cybermen
- John Lumic: Can it hear me?
- Doctor Kendrick: I don't know sir, it still might be in shock, the brain has been welded to the exo-skeleton.
- John Lumic: Skin of metal and a body that will never age or die: I envy it! Do you know me? Answer, do... you... know... me?
- Cyberman Prototype: You are John Lumic.
- Cyberman: We have been upgraded.
- The Doctor: Into what?
- Cyberman: The next level of mankind. We are human-point-2. Every citizen will receive a free upgrade. You will become like us.
- The President: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what's been done to you. But listen! This experiment... ends tonight!
- Cyberman: Upgrading is compulsory.
- The President: And if I refuse?
- The Doctor: Don't.
- The President: What happens if I refuse?
- The Doctor: I'm telling you, don't!
- The President: [With more authority] What happens if I refuse?
- Cyberman: Then you are not compatible.
- The President: What happens then?
- Cyberman: You will be deleted. [Kills the President]
- Cyberman: You are rogue elements.
- Doctor: But we surrender!
- Cyberman: You are incompatible.
- Doctor: But this is a surrender!
- Cyberman: You will be deleted.
- Doctor: But we're surrendering - listen to me, we surrender!!!
- Cyberman: You are inferior. Man will be reborn as Cyberman, but you will perish under maximum deletion. Delete! Delete! Delete! Delete!!
The Age of Steel
- CyberJackie: This man worked with Cybus Industries to create our species. He will be rewarded by force. Take them to Cyber Control.
- Doctor: Where is the famous Mister Lumic? Don't we get the chance to meet our lord and master?
- Cyberman: He has been upgraded.
- Doctor: You mean he's just like you?
- Cyberman: He is superior. The Lumic unit has been designated Cyber Controller.
- Cyber Controller: This is the age of steel and I am its creator.
- Cyber Controller: I have factories waiting on seven continents. If the EarPods have failed, then the Cybermen will take humanity by force. London has fallen.......so shall the world.
- Cyber Controller: I will bring peace to the world. Everlasting peace. And unity. And uniformity.
- Cyber Controller: I can set you free. Would you not want that? A life without pain?
- Cyber Controller: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
- The Doctor: I gave them back their souls! They can see what you've done, Lumic, AND IT'S KILLING THEM!
- Cyber Controller: DELETE! DELETE! DEL-AAGHH! NOOOOOO!
- Cybermen: Delete! Delete! Delete!
Army of Ghosts
- Cyber Leader1: We are the Cybermen. The Ghost Shift will be increased to 100%.
- Cyber Leader1: The Sphere is not ours... The Sphere broke down the barriers between worlds, we only followed. Its origin is unknown.
- Cyber Leader1: This broadcast is for humankind. Cybermen now occupy every landmass on this planet; but you need not fear. Cybermen will remove fear. Cybermen will remove sex, and class, and colour, and creed. You will become identical. You will become like us.
- Cyber Leader1: Scans detect unknown technology active within Sphere chamber. Cybermen will investigate! Units 10-65 and 10-66 will investigate Sphere chamber.
- 10-65 and 10-66: We obey.
- Cyberman: Cybermen plus Daleks. Together, we could upgrade the universe.
- Cyber Leader1: Daleks, be warned...you have declared war upon the Cybermen.
- Dalek Sec: This is not war. This is pest control.
- Cyber Leader1: Quarantine the Sphere Chamber. Start emergency upgrading. Begin with these personnel...Keep this one; his increased adrenaline suggests that he has vital Dalek information.
- Cyber Leader1: You are proof.
- The Doctor: Of what?
- Cyber Leader1: That emotions destroy you.
- Cyberman: Cyber Leader1 has been terminated. Download shared files. I will be upgraded to Cyber Leader.
- Cybermen: Delete! Delete! Daleks will be deleted!
- Cyber Leader2: Emergency! All units will converge on the Torchwood Tower. Repeat - all Cybermen to Torchwood!
- Cyber Leader2: We will retreat through the Breach; reclaim the homeworld.
- Cyber-Yvonne: You will not pass.
- Cyber Leader2: What is the meaning of this?!
- Cyber-Yvonne: You will not pass. (fires) I did my duty for Queen and country. I did my duty for Queen and country. I did my duty for Queen and country. (A tear of oil leaks out of her eye)
The Next Doctor
- Cybermen: (Saluting) All hail the CyberKing!
- Cybermen: The CyberKing will rise!
The Eleventh Doctor
- Portrayed by Matt Smith
The Pandorica Opens
- Cyberman: [to Amy Pond] You will be assimilated.
- CyberLeader: All projections correlate. All evidence concurs. The Doctor will destroy the Universe.
- CyberLeader: (Clenching his fist) Seal the Pandorica.
- Cyberman: You have come to us.
- The Doctor: Took me a while. Lot on my mind.
- Cyberman 1: He must be the new leader.
- Cyberman 2: No. He is not like us. Brain and binary vascular system incompatible. They will be discarded. Other body parts may be of use.
- Cyberman: You are compatible. You are intelligent.
- Craig: I'm not intelligent! You don't want me!
- Cyberman: Do not fear. We will take your fear from you. You will be like us. You will be more than us.
- Cyberman: Emotions eradicated. Conversion complete.
- [There is the sound of beeping]
- Cyberman: Alert! Emotional subsystems rebooting. This is impossible.
- The Doctor: He can hear him. He can hear Alfie. Oh please, just give me this. Craig, you wanted a chance to prove you're a dad. You are never gonna get a better one than this.
- Cyberman: What is happening?
- The Doctor: What's happening, you metal moron, a baby is crying. And you better watch out! Because guess what? Ha ha! Daddy's coming home!
Quotes about Cybermen
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language