Courage the Cowardly Dog is an American animated show about a dog named Courage, his owner Muriel Bagge, a kindly but naive old Scottish woman, and Eustace Bagge, a grumpy old farmer, living together in a farmhouse in the middle of the town of Nowhere, Kansas (often described as The Middle of Nowhere). The series originally ran for four seasons from November 12, 1999 to November 22, 2002.
- Narrator: We interrupt this program to bring you... Courage the Cowardly Dog Show, starring Courage, the Cowardly Dog! Abandoned as a pup, he was found by Muriel, who lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, Eustace Bagge!
- Eustace: Gah!
- Narrator: But creepy stuff happens in Nowhere. It's up to Courage to save his new home!
- Eustace: Stupid dog! You make me look bad! OOGA BOOGA BOOGA!
- Courage: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
- Courage: Muriel, I'll save you!
- Courage: The things I do for love.
- Courage: I know I'm not gonna like this.
- Courage: I just know something bad is going to happen.
- Courage: ...or my name is [strange name] and it's not.
- Courage: What do I do? What do I do!?!
- Eustace Bagge: Stupid Dog! You made me look bad! (And variations of "stupid dog")
- Eustace Bagge: Muriel! Where's my dinner?!
- Eustace Bagge: BOOGA! BOOGA! BOOGA!
- Muriel: Courage! So good to see ya.
- Muriel: Would you like a cup of tea?
- Muriel: [after saying name of dish] With a wee bit of vinegar.
- Ma Bagge: Courage! Good to see ya.
- Ma Bagge: Eustace, you stupid boy!
- Ma Bagge: I'm ugly! UGLY! UGLY!
- Katz: No dogs allowed!
- Dr. Vindaloo: There's nothing I can do, nothing at all.
- Dr. Vindaloo: Just keep soaking it.
- LeQuack: Qu'est-ce que c'est? [English: What is this?]
- LeQuack: You haven't seen the last of Le Quack!
- Computer: You twit.
Squatting Tiger, Hidden DogEdit
- Di Lung: Watch where you going, ya foo!
- Di Lung: Yo, Aunty! What's up?
- Di Lung: Oh no! That's your magic silkworm! It sure is transcending this life. Bye-bye, magic silkworm!
- Di Lung: Okay, Aunty. I go find someone truly innocent.
- Di Lung: Hey, lady with innocent soul! I be your tour guide—show you Great Wall.
- Di Lung: I loosen your ankles, when I remove your bones!
- Di Lung: This not acupuncture, this de-boning, I taking our your bones.
- Di Lung: *Gasp* The good empress, back to reclaim throne! I not carry out resort torture for evil empress! Not de-boning... re-boning!
King Ramses' CurseEdit
- King Ramses: Return the slab...
- Eustace Bagg: Eh?
- King Ramses: Return the slab, or suffer my curse...
- Eustace Bagg: What's your offer?
- Eustace Bagg: Well judging by the markings and the obvious age of the relic, I'd have to say it would be...GARBAGE!! :(throws slab out the window)
- Muriel: Eustace!
- Eustace Bagg: GARBAGE!! FROM KING GARBAGE!! OF THE GARBAGE DYNASTY!!! Stupid dog. Always bringin' garbage into the house.
- King Ramses: [singing] The man in gauze, the man in gauze, King Ramses! The man in gauze, the man in gauze, he's no Santa Claus, the man in gauze, the man in gauze.
- Eustace Bagg: That freak's not setting one freaky foot in this house!
- Freaky Fred: Hello new friend my name is Fred, the words you hear are in my head. I say, I say, my name is Fred and I've been very... NAAAAUGHTY.
Courage the FlyEdit
- Di Lung: Look, I invent extra toe!
- Di Lung: I can made you different!
- Di Lung: [after turning Courage into a fly] I don't think so. Supposed to be buffalo. Don't know how, but I go back and work on problem. Should be buffalo... Fly... I don't think so.
- Di Lung: [after turning the general and lieutenant into buffalo] I make you different!
Cajun Granny StewEdit
- Courage: This is all your fault!
- Cajun Fox: MY fault?!
- Courage: Yeah, you're trying to make a STEW out of her!
- Cajun Fox: And a right GOOD one she gonna BE!
- Old Lady Inside Vacuum Cleaner: Let me lay down the ground rules: This is my half of the lint, that's your half of the lint. Remember that and we won't have no trouble.
The Curse of ShirleyEdit
- Eustace: You wanna piece of me!? You wanna piece of me!?
- Shirley the Medium: The stupid one. He's stupid, right?
The Snowman ComethEdit
- Snowman: The first frozen snowman. That's not too shabby.
The Clutching FootEdit
- Gangster Foot: Or the fat lady gets it, see?
The Duck BrothersEdit
- Italian Cook: Hey! Bring that duck back! What am I gonna serve?
- Courage: Strudel!
- Italian Cook: Oh! Good idea!
The Magic Tree of NowhereEdit
- Dr. Vindaloo: That is the worst case of chickenpox I have ever seen.
- Eustace: CHOP! CHOP! CHOP! CHOP!
Bad Hair DayEdit
- Dr. Vindaloo: I was confused by my submarine.
- Eustace: Money!
Shadow of CourageEdit
- Eustace: BOOGA! BOOGA! BOOGA!
- Courage: I don't know how to make it in show biz, but up there [looks to the sky] are the real stars.
Courage vs. Mecha-CourageEdit
- Di Lung: *laughs* I told you I built better dog. Why You No give up?! Dog! You no good, give me up dog! No Good!
Dr. Le Quack, Amnesia SpecialistEdit
- LeQuack: Come here you pesky little doggy!
- Eustace: I hope that's the sound of dinner getting made in there.
- Katz: [trying to make Courage lose in staring contest] Blink! Blink! Blink!
Shirley the MediumEdit
- Eustace Bagg: Our differences are settled...! He's dead and I ain't! (Eustace on his late brother to Muriel)
Demon in the MattressEdit
- Eustace Bagg: [reading an exorcism incantation] Hullabaloo, and howdy doo! Musty prawns, and Timbucktu! Yeltsy-by, and hibbety-hoo! Kick 'em in the dishpan! Hoo hoo hoo!! [looks confused] Kick 'em in the dishpan, hoo hoo hoo?
A Night at the Katz MotelEdit
- Katz: A little sport before dying, dear boy?
- Katz: [after he gets injured] I wish you hadn't done that.
Heads of BeefEdit
- Eustace: Where's my burger!
- Jon Bon: Coming right up!
- Courage: Something smells fishy, or my name is Stinky Looloo... and thank goodness, it's not!
- Eustace: Stupid Dog! BOOGA! BOOGA! BOOGA!
- Dr. Vindaloo: I am no longer a head of lettuce!
- [saying some gibberish then shows what the monster looks like]
- Courage: Help! Help! Help!
- Eustace Bagg: I took a bath last Tuesday!
- Muriel: I guess the only thing I can see without my glasses is Eustace's big shiny head.
- Dr. Vindaloo: There's nothing to worry about. Nothing at all. But there's nothing I can do!
- Dr. Vindaloo: What is up with that?
- Dr. Vindaloo: I can do nothing, nothing at all.
- Di Lung: [when someone gets in his way] Watch where you're goin', ya foo'!
- Di Lung: I don't think so/I think so.
- Di Lung: Get rich quick! It works REAL great, I did it, and so can you! All you have to do to learn the secret of my success is send me money! Thats right, it's as simple as that, get out your checkbook, credit card and wallet and send them to ME! When I came to this country, three weeks ago, I only had a nickel. Now I own three apartment buildings and a fleet of limousines!
- Di Lung: What are you doin' ya foo!
- LeQuack: Le Quack is back!
- Narrating Newsman: It appears that I am being kidnapped!
Read in another language
This page is available in 3 languages