Cold Case (2003–2010) is an American CBS police procedural television series. The series revolves around a fictionalized Philadelphia Police Department division that specializes in investigating cold cases.
Look Again [1.1]
- Nick Vera: Rush, your boyfriend's downstairs.
- Lily Rush: I'm single. You sure it's not your boyfriend?
- Todd Whitley: What is the point of all of this, after so many years?
- Lilly Rush: People shouldn't be forgotten. They matter.
- Todd Whitley: You're a crusader.
- Lilly Rush: I guess I am.
- Lily Rush: From 1983
- Nick Vera: An '83 case can wait. Come on, Lily.
- Lily Rush: No, it can't. It waited long enough.
- Albert: Compulsive Sexual Behavior. It's a psychological condition, it shouldn't be criminalized.
- Chris Lassing: You walked naked through a girls' middle school, Albert, and that shouldn't be criminalized?
- Lilly Rush: [about catching the bad guys] We don't always get that...
- Gwen Deemer: I know.
- Lilly Rush: ... the first time around
- Jhon Stillman: Why do women always have high hopes for men that want to kill them?
- Gwen Deemer: Why should I trust you, huh? I don't even know you!
- Lily Rush: No, you don't, because if you did, you'd know I was just getting started.
- Rob Deemer: I didn't know there were girls on the line.
- Lilly Rush: [smirk] There's one.
Our Boy Is Back [1.3]
- Carl: I wish we could have met under different circumstances...
- Lilly Rush: Did we get any prints?
- Nick Vera: Uhh... this guy doesn't leave prints.
Churchgoing People [1.4]
- Det. Sherman: It was a typical job during the crack era. Guy comes around looking for some company, ends up robbed and killed by the girl.
- Lilly Rush: Why'd you think it was a hooker?
- Det. Sherman: Ever been to Kensington Avenue darling? It's hookerland.
- Lilly Rush: Yeah? I grew up in Kensington.
- Det. Sherman: So what was he doing there? Seeing the sights?
- Caroline: Mitch didn't use drugs or prostitutes. We are churchgoing people.
- Tina: Nice families don't talk about these things.
- Ryan: And you know what, I want you to drop my dad's case.
- Lilly Rush: When I'm so close to the truth? Not a chance.
The Runner [1.5]
- Lilly Rush: Garbage dump?
- Nick Vera: You don't mind a little dirt, do you, Rush?
- Lilly Rush: I hang around you, don't I?
Love Conquers All [1.6]
- Lilly Rush: We're here to talk to you about Bennett Cahill.
- Jane: Did something happen to him?
- Scotty Valens: No. Alive and kicking.
- Al:' [about Paige] I loved her. She ran wild on me, so it hurt. Jealousy ain't against the law.
- Scotty Valens: [regarding cold cases] So, what, I work a few of these and then go on the line?
- Lilly Rush: You act like this is the B list, Scotty.
- Scotty Valens: Ain't it?
- Lilly Rush: Not to me.
- Scotty Valens: Who's that charmer?
- Lilly Rush: A.D.A Kite, he's above cops.
- Scotty Valens: Ain't above checking you out.
- Jane: I don't think you're hearing me. He loved me so much, he committed murder.
- Jane: He got a gun, took her to a field, and got her out of our lives.
- Lilly Rush: Blood, blood, and more blood.
A Time To Hate [1.7]
- Scotty Valens: [to Deborah] Did you kill him? Because that would solve our case.
- Deborah: Danny wasn't cruel. The world was.
- Daniel: I love you. Nothing has to change.
- Deborah: What do you mean?
- Daniel: I mean I do love you. I love you.
- Deborah: But not the way you're supposed to.
- Anthony [the bartender]: Are you sure you're gay?
- Daniel: Are you sure you're Italian?
- Scotty Valens: [about case files] They get jumbled up a lot?
- Lily Rush: Things are getting better. People are learning the alphabet. Except Vera.
Fly Away [1.8]
- Scotty Valens: 9-1-1 call in came in at 11:16 pm, a few minutes after Rosie and Toya hit the ground. Voice was a black male, never ID'd.
- Lilly Rush: Plus Rosie's landlady reported a black male running from the scene.
- John Stillman: Black man hauling ass through a Lilly-white Port Richmond? Stands out like Vera in a bikini.
- Mr. Freely: You just wait for the knock on the door, Rosie. When you least expect it.
Sherry Darlin [1.9]
- Lilly Rush: She didn't love you, James. And I'm your girl now.
The Hitchhiker [1.10]
- Lilly Rush: So you want to do me, huh?
- Henry Floyd: Not sure. Twirl around once.
- Scotty Valens: We can't get a car for another hour.
- Lilly Rush: OK.
- Scotty Valens: Pretty pathetic, the department don't get enough cars to go around.
- Lilly Rush: You're just now noticing our crap resources?
- Henry Floyd: What are you looking at?
- Lilly Rush: [whispers] A dead man. And get those feet off my table.
- Henry Floyd: [to Lilly] Oh, you've seen Janice? So you know what an upgrade you'd be.
- Scotty Valens: I could win ten grand over there, I still ain't paying a cabbie 300 bucks to drive me home.
- Lilly Rush: You waste your money on the daily numbers?
- Scotty Valens: Every morning.
- Lilly Rush: Five bucks down the drain.
- Scotty Valens: I can afford it.
- Lilly Rush: So what do you do if you win? You going to retire?
- Scotty Valens: Nah, I'd keep doing what I do. I'd just dress sharper if that's possible. And brag a lot more.
- Lilly Rush: If that's possible.
- Matt: What do you say, Dorothy, should I double down?
- Dorothy: You're showing a four. Book says no, but hey, you're hot.
- Matt: Me? Or the cards?
- Dorothy: Both [winks].
- Ivan: [to Matt] Die! Just die! A boy like you, no one will miss!
- Matt: It's been nice playing with you, Dorothy.
- Dorothy: You should never quit after a win!
- Matt: I have the feeling my luck's run out.
- Barry: Maybe you could love me...
- Holly: No. I'll never love you either.
- Scotty Valens: So you stalked her?
- Barry Tepler: I pursued her... with too much enthusiasm.
- Monique: [to Holly, about Prof. Minard] ...But there's a new girl every year... and yours is almost over.
- Lilly Rush: Is there any reason why you're looking back on it now? Today?
- John Stillman: [chuckles] What am I, one of your suspects?
- Lilly Rush: Well, you're avoiding my questions like one. Alright, I can take a hint -- be mysterious.
- Scotty Valens: Did you ever actually see him or his pals hit the boy?
- Sean Murphy: If I would've seen something, I would've intervened. I'd have kicked those... African-American young gentlemen's asses.
- Prostitute: We gotta make a living same as you!
- Will Jeffries: That's what we're counting on.
- Nicole Barnes: I prayed with all my heart and soul.
- Lily Rush: For what?
- Nicole Barnes: For God to take away all my burdens. And he did. He took away Timmy.
- Lily Rush: I thought you liked cats.
- Kite: Cats... not mutants.
The Letter [1.13]
- John Stillman: You find Blanche, maybe we find out the reason why Sadie was going to New York.
- Nick Vera: Like the geezer's going to remember.
- John Stillman: [to Jeffries] You and Mr. Sensitivity track down all the milk companies that delivered to the boarding house, Rush and Valens will be on geezer patrol.
- Will Jeffries: [scanning through the records using the microform] This thing's making me seasick.
- Nick Vera: At least I got my roll on, you couldn't even do yours.
The Boy In The Box [1.14]
- Sister Vivian: Sister Grace... She wasn't a good nun.
- Scotty Valens: No kidding.
- Sister Vivian: There are no cows in the woods.
- Arnold: That's what you think!
- Fred Banks: Sister Vivian was pretty cruel... but murder?
Disco Inferno [1.15]
- John Stillman: So, we're talking about a bullet fired 26 years ago for a gun we don't even know exists anymore.
- Will Jeffries: Registered to a man we can't find.
- Scotty Valens: Yeah?
- John Stillman: The word longshot comes to mind.
- Nick Vera: Maybe this Benny guy started the fire.
- John Stillman: Yeah, right after he got shot in the face.
- Nick Vera: Good point.
- Sonya: [to Benny] I should kill you for making a slut outta me!
- Doreen: Why you gotta be so selfish? You already got Benny in the sack. Why can't I have him on the dance floor?
- Ken: I was gonna deal that to Chaney for thousands!
- Doreen: You shoulda thought of that before you snorted up all his merchandise.
- Mr. Rosen: You better stop talking young man.
- Ken: Or?
- Mr. Rosen: You don't wanna know 'or'.
- Scotty Valens: Do not give out addresses except in emergencies.
- Lilly Rush: I'd call a double homicide an emergency.
- John Stillman: We got the FBI file on Jane.
- Scotty Valens: They had a file?
- Lilly Rush: And they gave it up?
- John Stillman: Public record now.
- Elisa: [to Lilly] You're a detective? But you're so beautiful.
- Lionel: The way I see it, the white man's got your mind, and the white woman's got your johnson.
- Gerard: She's a friend.
- Lionel: Our friends don't come in that color.
The Lost Soul of Herman Lester [1.17]
- Billy Berkenpass Sr.: So I made a call. Get off my property.
- Billy Berkenpass Jr.: No telling what the round ball will make a grown man do.
- Scotty Valens: Should have brought a coat.
- Lilly Rush: Yup. Want mine? Wouldn't make you any less of a man.
- Scotty: I'd rather freeze now.
- John: Maybe when I'm done here I could buy you a steak.
- Lilly Rush: I'm vegetarian.
- Scotty Valens: We'll protect you, Russel.
- Russel: I read crime novels. You guys can't do nothing.
- John Stillman: Nice or not, no one gets a free murder.
- Russell Brinkley: Ah crap, I didn't see anything!
Late Returns [1.19]
- Scotty Valens: He [David Lake] ain't wearing his glasses.
- Nick Vera: So?
- Scotty Valens: So... where'd they go?
- John Stillman: I lose mine three times a day.
- Will Jeffries: You know a guy named Darren Cleeman?
- Marvin: No.
- Nick Vera: Really? He called you last week.
- Marvin: Well, maybe he got a wrong number.
- Will Jeffries: You talk to wrong numbers for six minutes?
- Marvin: Well, maybe I got lonely.
- Nick Vera: Never found her killer.
- Lily Rush: Never say never.
- Randy Price: [to Lilly] You're a homicide detective? I've got to start committing some real crimes.
- Lilly Rush: You're in the market, boss?
- John Stillman: Half of America is, Lil.
- Will Jeffries: Not my half.
- Randy Price: [about the tip] I told you it was good.
- Lilly Rush: So why didn't you let the cops know about it back then?
- Randy Price: I wouldn't have profited from that. I was saving it for a rainy day.
- Lilly Rush: And now it's pouring.
- John Stillman: Well, it could have ended up worse, you could have ended up like Danville.
- Roger Collins: Broke?
- John Stillman: Dead.
- Scotty Valens: You got plans?
- Nick Vera: Are you kidding? I'm married. I'll take any excuse not to go home.
Maternal Instincts [1.21]
- Lilly Rush: [about Rebecca/Linda] She miscarried in September of '85 and gave birth in October of '86. She had to have gotten pregnant again fast.
- Nick Vera: According to the way Silver described her, that would have taken all of an hour.
- Scotty Valens: There she is, best and brightest physician in all of Philadelphia.
- Frannie: Shut up, Vaylens.
- Scotty Valens: It's Valens. V-A-L-E-N-S.
- Rebecca: [to Kyle Silver] Don't you want to put your tongue in my mouth?
- Sean: Why should I believe you?
- Lilly Rush: Look at me. Am I lying?
The Plan [1.22]
- The Wilkes Military Academy's slogan: "From the child comes forth the soldier."
- Pvt. Kasher: [talking about Sgt. Creighton] Gung-ho jarhead...
- Lilly Rush: We're here about Nash Cavanaugh.
- Pvt. Kasher: Gung-ho jarhead number 2.
- Dominic LaSalle: You're playing your hand badly, Detective Rush... See in poker, like in business, or warfare; the optimal strategy is not to have one. Or, rather, not to show it. You wear yours like a bad dye job.
- Sgt. James Creighton: The six P's, and don't you ever forget it! Prior Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance! Grandma's slow but she's old!
- [Dominic has stolen a detective's pistol and is holding Lilly and the others at bay]
- Lilly Rush: Dominic, put the gun down. Everything's gonna be okay, I promise! I promise, Dominic!
- Dominic: Listen, the plan- I wrote it! But I didn't send it... I didn't send it.
- Lilly Rush: No, Dominic! Nooo!
- [Dominic turns the pistol around and shoots himself]
- [Just after fleeing the pool, the boys realize they've lost the paper outlining Dominic's plan]
- Dominic LaSalle: Listen, here's what we're gonna do. Never, ever tell. If we're ever caught, each man takes the fall. Alone. Like a soldier.
- [Sgt. Creighton is visiting Dominic in the ICU, holding a Bronze Star medal he earned in the Army]
- Sgt. Creighton: He should have this. What he did; what they all did... took more guts than I ever had.
Lover's Lane [1.23]
The Badlands [2.1]
- Nora Lincoln: Mom, leave her alone.
- Della Lincoln: The girl needs help.
- Nora Lincoln: Daddy?
- Derek Lincoln: Don't look at me. I got a daughter who majors in business, a wife who majors in other people's business. Me, I'm just a restaurant owner.
- Nick Vera: A triple murder gets you a date with the needle real quick.
- J.T. Simms: I got a problem with you. See like, 50, problems.
- Derek: I ain't giving you no money.
- J.T. Simms: You pay the tax, or come roll with my crew.
- Lilly Rush: That's a bad case of death.
- Della Lincoln: I want you outta here!
- J.T. Simms: This ain't your business.
- Della Lincoln: You disrespect yourself, that's your business. You mess with this block, it's mine.
- J.T. Simms: You think this is your block?
- Della Lincoln: Oh that's right, and unless you want your friends to see you get smacked by an old woman, you best move!
- Scotty Valens: J.T. Simms?
- J.T. Simms: What did I do?
- Scotty Valens: You tell us about the murders at that chicken ribs place last year.
- J.T. Simms: Don't remember nothing about it.
- Nick Vera: You sure? Cuz if my boys saw me almost getting bitchslapped by an old woman, I know I'd remember.
- J.T. Simms: Check out homicide Barbie!
Factory Girls [2.2]
- Will Jeffries: Who's Fanny?
- Lilly Rush: One of the factory girls.
- Nick Vera: Do you think she shot her husband?
- Lilly Rush: We better find out...
- Will Jeffries: I'm going with you. I'd LOVE to meet an 80-year-old who shot a guy...
- Dottie: Once again, Mr. Walker and Alice were not friendly!
- Scotty Valens: What was the problem?
- Dottie: A secretary doesn't tell secrets.
- Will Jeffries: How does a woman in 1943 make that kind of money?
- Scotty Valens: Like I said, naughty.
- Lily Rush: Your mind goes right to the gutter.
- Scotty Valens: Who wants to bet me??
- Will Jeffries: I do. 20 bucks.
- Lily Rush: Could your memory be mistaken?
- Martha: You get old, you start forgetting things. You don't start making them up.
- Dottie: You have a good man overseas and he deserves better!
- Alice: Someone like you, you mean?
- Dottie: Maybe so.
- Alice: I know you'd love that.
- Dottie: Well listen to the 5 cent tramp.
- Alice: Says the fussy old maid.
- Buddy: A single woman was considered to be a real flop.
- Chris: New York's only a few hours away, so if you're not busy, maybe sometime, I mean only if you want to, we can... go see the Eiffel Tower or something.
- Lily Rush: Hey, Jeffries. Looks like this job might have died on us.
- Will Jeffries: That's not all that died. We just luminoled the scene. It's a bloodbath.
- Daniela: Get some bread for this ring, get that jive turkey landlord off my back!
- John: We wouldn't be here if that screaming bitch didn't run out on us.
- Chris: Cuz you're a pervert, man. Cassie didn't want to be your damn porn star.
- Chris: The Empire State Building.
- Daniela: What?
- Chris: It's on your wall and the Eiffel Tower and the Leaning Tower of whatchacallit.
- Daniela: Pisa.
The House [2.4]
- Lily Rush: Hank would never cry "Uncle". You got to admire that, guy had heart.
- John Stillman: You're supposed to be on the side of the law, Lil.
- Lily Rush: The guy was doing 20 years... for stealing a pair of shoes?
- Lily Rush: So this guy died twice?
- Scotty Valens: Told you this place is haunted.
- Inmate: How's it feel way up there on that wall, huh, Hank boy?
- Hank: Lonely!
Who's Your Daddy? [2.5]
- Brad Atwater: [to Mei] You wanna translate here, cuz I don't think Miss Saigon understands me.
- Channary: I am from Cambodia. Saigon is in Vietnam and I understand completely.
- Mark: I knew this would come back to haunt me.
- Scotty Valens: Yeah, well. Boo.
- Booker: See you ain't wearin' no wedding ring.
- Lily Rush: Well, you know I just can't find the right ex-con drug-dealing smack addict to settle down with.
- Scotty Valens: Hey, what was on her mouth that you wiped off?
- Booker: Piece of dirt.
- Scotty Valens: As a complete stranger, but you felt compelled to clean her up?
- Booker: Woman had a beautiful face. It bothered me.
- Channary: Beauty is an illusion.
- Sen: A nice one.
The Sleepover [2.6]
- Scotty Valens: People know this ain't the best place for swimming laps?
- Lily Rush: Name like "Devil's Pool" kind of says it all.
- Ariel: [about Tiffany and Brandi] I was JV and those two were Varsity bitches.
- Tiffany: [to Brandi] Guess what, bitch! Time to buy a diary cause I'm not keeping your secrets any more.
- Kelly: Hey, there's Ariel.
- Rita: Mom, we're not friends anymore.
- Kelly: Why not?
- Rita: She's friends with Brandi now. Brandi doesn't like me.
- Kelly: Well, then Brandi's an idiot.
- Mr. Beaudry: She was capable of things that no parent wants to think about.
- Will Jeffries: Like killing Rita?
- Ariel: I didn't know.
- Lilly: Didn't know what?
- Ariel: I didn't know you lived through it.
It's Raining Men [2.7]
- Will Jeffries: So, who were these gay men?
- Carlo: You want me to out them?
- Nick Vera: For a homicide investigation, you bet.
- Artie: The gift I want is justice.
- Carlo: I'm ugly now, I make money cleaning birdcages. But look at me there. I was gorgeous.
- Lily Rush: [about Carlo] Now how's a guy like him make it when so many others don't?
- Artie: If God was punishing people for their sins, he had a badly researched list.
- Finch: Things don't get done when you rant, and rave, and threaten. Things get done quietly.
- Jeff: We'll be dead. That's quiet.
Red Glare [2.8]
- Lily Rush: It wasn't just Elliot that died that day. A whole family died too. You wanna be a man of action? This is your last chance.
- Reina Kraus: [about Elliot] He was true to her, which made me love him even more.
- Scotty Valens: But when Elliot was killed, you didn't report this Ribble guy to the police?
- Mr. Sealey: That would have been pointless. Wade Ribble was the police.
- Mr. Sealey: First rule of the witch hunt, don't limit yourself to the witches!
- Scotty Valens: Those statues ain't going nowhere.
- Mrs. Lang: Neither is Elliot.
- Lily Rush: Gimme a Vodka Orange... hold the vodka.
- Will Jefferies: Well that was 6 hours well spent, I'll tell you that.
- Lily Rush: Ah, the training seminar.
- Will Jefferies: Yeah, this guy has never been on the line, never worked a homicide, but he's an expert.
- Nick Vera: His answer to everything, auto-erotic asphyxiation.
- Will Jefferies: So New Haven's the beginning, North Philly's the end.
- Lily Rush: What's the middle?
- Nick Vera: (sarcastically) Auto-erotic asphyxiation.
- Scotty Valens: Maybe I'll look at this job, Sinclair Thomas.
- John Stillman: You got any direction?
- Scotty Valens: I just like his name.
- John Stillman: It's got to be personal – you don't stab someone twelve times just to rob them and then leave the car and money behind.
Blank Generation [2.11]
- Nick Vera: What's wrong with your cats?
- Lily Rush: [glares] Nothing!
- Nick Vera: Every cult you ever read about, the leader's doin' all the ladies.
- Will Jeffries: [shrugs] It's good to be king.
- Matthew: I came back to save you!
- Alison: And I'm saving you.
- Scotty Valens: [about Elisa's letter] She wrote about this birthday party. Her friend turning 14 and how we're both there sneaking looks and talking about how the river smells, and in her head, she's waiting for the light to fade so I can hold her hand in the dark and no one would see. Don't tell me that note is the end. It's the beginning.
- Stewart: Matthew, what do you want from me?
- Matthew: I want to forget you.
- Maurice: Suicide's for cowards.
- Lily Rush: Maybe you shouldn't be here right now?
- Scotty Valens: Then you tell me... where I should be.
Yo, Adrian [2.12]
- Nick Vera: Two years in the lockup for putting steppops in a coma?
- Mad Mo: Those records are supposed to be sealed.
- Nick Vera: Don't worry, we taped them back up.
- Mad Mo: Killing somebody has a way of throwing a man off track.
- Will Jeffries: Not for Tommy Sugar. He's been Philly's top boxing promoter for the last 25 years.
- Mad Mo: Well that's some truth, and here's some more: the night Jerry Stone died, Tommy Sugar was born.
- Lily Rush: Gina, just so you know, your dad was genuinely sorry about Jerry.
- Gina: Yeah. Too bad he didn't feel that way before he let Mad Mo kill him.
Time To Crime [2.13]
- Will Jeffries: So, the baby was born, left the hospital and never made it home.
- Lilly Rush: Maybe it went to another store?
- John Stillman: Or maybe someone kidnapped it.
- John Stillman: You know the mayor's gun recovery program?
- Lilly Rush: Turn in a gun, get a pair of sneakers?
- 'Uncle Sam' Larson: Hey, I saved their lives!
- Scotty Valens: And made 89 bucks to boot.
- John Stillman: Cell phones were science fiction in '87, Scotty.
- Rodney: Looks awfully young to be one of my customers.
- Nick Vera: Come on, Rodney, you'd sell to a toddler if they had the cash.
- Will Jeffries: That Mac-10 wasn't delivered to any gun store in Philadelphia.
- Nick Vera: Yeah, and I got the paper cuts to prove it.
- Scotty Valens: I'm not interested in your sister, Lil.
- Lilly Rush: Good, cause she's a train wreck.
- Rodney Johnson: The statute of limitations for theftery is up, right?
- Eric Morrison: Hey, if you see Truly again, would you apologize to her for me? You know, for being such a demented kid?
- Scotty Valens: Tell her yourself. Ain't like she lives in Antarctica.
- Jessie Odoms: I was such a fool. Thought my heart was actually breaking. Crazy, right? Considering what God was about to teach me about real heartbreak.
- Eric Morrison: Then I'll just get another gun and hunt you down with it.
- Truly Sinclair: You can try, Eric. Just remember you ain't the only one gonna be armed.
- Boy #2: [about the gun] Give it back!
- 'Uncle Sam' Larson: You lucky to be alive, you that? Now git! Before I really bust a cap in your scrawny asses!
- Lilly Rush: How much you pay for this, back in 2000?
- Jason James Sr.: 89 bucks.
- Scotty Valens: That's cheap.
- Lilly Rush: Well, it was used.
- Truly: I seen those drawings you make, that list of people with skulls by their names.
- Eric: Ever hear of the word 'privacy'?
- Truly: I was here in '99. Hell, I was here in '89. Feel like I been here since '09.
- Brian: I was clean when I did it... I could see right to tomorrow... all the way down the line.
- Colin: (referring to his stuffed rabbit) Mr. Wilson! Thanks, Mom. (referring to the movie they're going to see) I wish he could come! Is it rated "R"?
- Sarah: Honey, Mr. Wilson is a rabbit, so he ages in rabbit years. He's been around a good long time.
- Colin: (about his Valentine's gift) Nathan, how is Leah gonna know that I love her if they're mush?
- Nathan: Make a wish. Fountains are the best place to make a wish about feelings. Everyone knows that.
- Colin: I'm not supposed to open the fridge or the cupboards. I'm supposed to wait for Mom.
- Leah: Where is she?
- Colin: Taking a bath. A long one.
- Leah: How long?
- Colin: She went in two days ago.
- Det. Rush (to Josh): Who did Mac want Colin to stay away from?
- Josh: His girlfriend. Leah.
- Det. Rush: This have to do with the Valentine's?
- Josh: The music room. He jumped her.
- Det. Vera: What? Sexually?
- Josh: Colin was the nicest guy on Earth, but I guess he's still a guy.
- Nathan (about Colin): With both of us gone, the world would have eaten him alive.
- Ed Kripke: I hadn't had a hit in days, you don't know what it's like.
- Will Jefferies: (sarcastically) Guess I'm missing out.
- Kyle Bream: I can make it right.
- Archie Tanner: Yeah, you can make it little man.
- Nick Vera: You know whether Linsey and Mike ever met again?
- Timmy Horan: She'd be dead if they did.
- Scotty Valens: Which she is, Tim.
- John Stillman: Nicky, how'd it go with Megan?
- Nick Vera: Fine. (Everyone stares at him.) We're going to this place, tonight, hangout for high school.
- Will Jefferies: Bow cicka wow wow.
- Nick Vera: Shut up!
Strange Fruit [2.19]
- Linda O'Hara: About time they got some female detectives on the force, they didn't like girls in the club till '73.
- Lily Rush: Pretty rough for a female cop's victim.
- Linda O'Hara: Rough? Commissioners put first-timers on the worst street corners, no patrol cars, no backup.
- Lily Rush: Can't live with them, can't kill them off.
- Monty Fineman: Butch was the one who did all the yelling, but Joe's silence, that's what said the most.
Creatures of the Night [2.21]
- Larry Papas: It's going to be on my tombstone: "He hired a serial killer."
Best Friends [2.22]
- Nick Vera: You got a name for our bones?
- Scotty Valens: So far 6 young black women disappeared or assumed dead around '32. (to Jefferies) Saved that stack for you, it's a birthday present.
- Nick Vera: When's your birthday?
- Will Jefferies: Tomorrow.
- Scotty Valens: How you celebrating?
- Will Jefferies: I'm 60, I'm almost dead, I'm going home tonight writing out my will.
- Nick Vera: You stabbed a lady in '43 and spent 5 years in prison.
- Little Georgie: Woman got in the way of me and my dance moves.
The Woods [2.23]
- George Marks: I did a bad thing mother.
- Simone Marks: What did you do?
- George Marks: I took out their eyes.
- John Stillman: This Leonardo doing time for burglary?
- Nick Vera: No, rape. Has a rap sheet as long as my arm, kids, grandmas and all 41 flavors in-between. Uses a belt to gag his victims.
- Lily Rush: Real Romeo this guy
The Promise [3.2]
Bad Night [3.3]
Saving Patrick Bubley [3.6]
A Perfect Day [3.9]
Frank's Best [3.10]
8 Years [3.11]
Dog Day Afternoons [3.14]
One Night [3.16]
Beautiful Little Fool [3.19]
Death Penalty: Final Appeal [3.20]
The Hen House [3.21]
The River [3.22]
- Tina: Hey, guys. You wanna make a porn film? Bow chicka-bow-wow!
- Cameron Coutler: Girlfriend's seriously tweaked.
- Tina: Or I could film you, killing everybody. You're always talking about it, so do it already!
- Neil: All right, let's get outta here. [Neil starts to leave; Cameron holds up a hand]
- Tina: What, are you scared or something?
- Cameron Coutler: How about I kill you first?
- Tina: Then who's gonna make you famous, big boy?
- Cameron Coutler: Girl's got a point.
- Neil: So what's the plan? Cameron?
- Tina: Kill 'em all. Kill everybody! [Cameron grins]
- Cameron Coutler: Get the camera.
- Cameron Coutler: [Aiming a shotgun] Smile for the camera, dumbass. [Fires, hitting Lewis in the waist]
- Barry Lewis: [Pleading] Hey! Hey! Heyyyy!
- Neil: Let 'im bleed. [Cameron pauses, then turns and leaves.]
- Mr. Coutler: What are you gonna do? Demonize us, like everybody else did? The thing everybody forgot- that day, we lost a son too.
- Davey: I kinda lost my trust in people after that. I guess that's how I ended up here. [Davey works at a horse stable].
- Davey: You don't understand. I would've done anything for Tina... because all I ever wanted was for her to like me. But I let her down when she needed me the most.
- Tina: They were little kids, they were moms and dads... and they never hurt anybody!
- Lily Rush: It didn't matter to Cameron and Neil. They were human time bombs, just waiting to go off.
- Tina: And I lit the fuse.
The War at Home [4.2]
- Kat Miller: (about her daughter) She's pouting because I wouldn't let her come with.
- Lilly Rush: An 8-year-old wants to see a crime scene?
- Kat Miller: She's a weird kid.
- Lilly Rush: In my family, cooked meant whatever was sitting under the heat lamp at 7-Eleven.
- Scotty Valens: Your husband's overseas, Paula?
- Paula: Ass-deep in the Sunni Triangle.
- Lilly Rush: Not exactly a garden spot.
- Paula: The desert air must appeal to him, because he keeps re-enlisting.
- Det. Jeffries: They say if it's deeper than a grave, a sandhog dug it.
- Det. Vera: Looks like this poor schmuck might have dug his own.
- Kat Miller: Back then, people stuck it out, even if it didn't make sense.
- Alice: Just the times. He was still married and white, and I was neither.
- Lilly: You know your sandhog history, boss.
- Lt. Stillman: The neighborhood I grew up in, you either became a cop, a fireman, or a sandhog. I got this thing about being burned and buried alive.
Baby Blues [4.4]
- Molly Felice: The world's such a dangerous place for a baby. And I'm not a good mother.
- Frannie Ching: Some people say SIDS doesn't really exist. Babies don't die for no reason.
- Lilly Rush: But...
- Frannie Ching: But you can't say for sure. Med school taught me we know less about life and death than we think.
- Brie Romeo: Believe me, the babysitter knows all your dirty secrets. The Felices had some big ones.
- Molly Felice: They said we could have it all: family, husband, career. They just didn't say how.
Saving Sammy [4.5]
- Lilly: I'm here to say goodbye, Ray.
- Ray: Like goodbye goodbye? Like sayonara, adios forever?
- Lilly: This isn't a joke.
- Ray: Who's laughing?
- Lilly: No, Joseph, please don't go.
- Joseph: I'm not your consolation prize.
- Lilly: I don't want to be alone!
- Joseph: Maybe you do. (walks away)
The Key [4.7]
Lonley Hearts [4.9]
Forever Blue [4.10]
The Red and the Blue [4.11]
Knuckle Up [4.12]
8.03 AM [4.14]
- (When Michael and Skill find Madison in the house with the meth addicts)
- Skill: Hey. Hey, your boyfriend here. He came to bring you home.
- Madison: There's nothing for me there.
- Skill: Nothing for you here, either. (finds a meth vial on Madison.) Yo, come on. Get on up! You don't belong here. You're just a kid.
- Madison: So are you.
- Skill: Me and you... we're worlds apart.
- Toomey Nelson (to Kat): Yo, baby girl. Where them stilettos and the tube top?
- Kat Miller: Yeah, well. I be respectable now.
- Shirley Reed: Madison used to give me that look, too. So disappointed in me...again.
- Lt. Stillman: Looks like you got clean.
- Shirley Reed: I tried so many times. But if addiction was a battle, rehab was war.
- Shirley Reed (to Madison): I just... wanna not feel things anymore. So just let me do that, OK?
- Madison: I wanna go home. Please, mom.
- Shirley Reed: It's just like heaven here, sweetie. Don't you see how pretty it is? We're in heaven.
Blood on the Tracks [4.15]
The Good-Bye Room [4.16]
Shuffle, Ball Change [4.17]
A Dollar, a Dream [4.18]
Stand Up and Holler [4.20]
The Good Death [4.23]
Thrill Kill [5.1]
- Scotty Valens: "You're breaking me up here, homes."
- Criminal: "Stay a little longer, I'll break you in for real."
- Scotty Valens: "You promise?"
That Woman [5.2]
Running Around [5.3]
Devil Music [5.4]
Thick As Thieves [5.5]
World's End [5.7]
It Takes a Village [5.8]
Boy Crazy [5.9]
Family 8108 [5.11]
- Nazi: "I am better than the worst thing I ever did."
Andy in C Minor [5.14]
The Road [5.15]
Bad Reputation [5.16]
Ghost of My Child [5.18]
Glory Days [6.1]
True Calling [6.2]
Wednesday's Women [6.3]
Roller Girl [6.4]
Shore Leave [6.5]
The Dealer [6.6]
One Small Step [6.7]
Triple Threat [6.8]
Pin Up Girl [6.9]
Street Money [6.10]
Lotto Fever [6.12]
Breaking News [6.13]
The Brush Man [6.14]
Witness Protection [6.15]
Officer Down [6.17]
Mind Games [6.18]
Stealing Home [6.20]
November 22nd [6.21]
The Long Blue Line [6.22]
- [Scotty Valens and Lilly Rush are being shown the floor of Echo Company's barracks at the Pennsylvania Military Institute, where Kate Butler stayed in her time there.]
- Scotty Valens: [Reading a plaque on the wall] 'A cadet shall not lie, cheat, or steal, nor shall he tolerate those who do'.
- Lilly Rush: Honor Code; notice they got one in every building.
- Lawrence Gardner: Single-sanction policy, ma'am; one violation gets you drummed out.
- Scotty Valens: Pretty strict code for most mortals.
- [The three have reached the former room of PMI's first two female cadets. Cadet Gardner turns around before unlocking the door; he holds up the gold class ring on his right hand and speaks as if quoting scripture.]
- Lawrence Gardner: And on the Eighth Day, God created PMI.
- [Colonel Murillo, Commandant of the Pennsylvania Military Institute, has been called to the Philadelphia PD's offices for questioning.]
- Lilly Rush: Thank you for coming in, Mr. Murillo.
- COL Murillo: It's Colonel Murillo. I think I've earned that.
- John Stillman: You can have a seat.
- Lilly Rush: You have a problem with Cadet Butler enrolling at PMI?
- COL Murillo: What's this all about? [Looks at Stillman] Lieutenant?
- John Stillman: I believe the detective asked you a question.
- COL Murillo: What I think is irrelevant in view of what the courts have decided, now isn't it?
- Lilly Rush: It isn't if you allow a student to be assaulted on campus.
- COL Murillo: That's a bit presumptuous. Am I on the stand here?
- Lilly Rush: You knew Kate was attacked; you should have stopped it from going further.
- COL Murillo: What Cadet Keith Henderson told me was hearsay: I chose to go directly to the horse's mouth.
- [A flashback scene occurs with Kate Butler reporting to COL Murillo's office; when asked if she was assaulted by an upperclassman in the barracks the previous night, she denies it, despite Murillo reminding her of the Honor Code, which forbids a cadet from lying.]
- Lilly Rush: So that's it? You just let her go?
- COL Murillo: What the hell would you have me do? The Honor Code is the backbone if the Institute. If she says it didn't happen, it didn't.
- Lilly Rush: She was trying to suck it up. To fit in with the male cadets.
- COL Murillo: Well, then. She made her choice, didn't she?
Into The Blue [6.23]
- [Major Moe Kitchener, Operations Officer at PMI, is being questioned by Valens and Rush.]
- MAJ Kitchener: What happened between Cadets Stewart and Butler was tragic and shameful. But if you're looking to spread the blame, I suggest you start with the courts.
- Lilly Rush: The courts... killed Kate Butler.
- MAJ Kitchener: Do you know how many Congressmen have graduated from PMI? Twelve. Six Senators; eight four-star generals. Those courts ordered us to change the way we do things here! [Smiles ironically] Now here we are.
- Scotty Valens: Stuck installing women's latrines and tampon dispensers.
- MAJ Kitchener: There are over sixty women's colleges in this country. Do you see any men banging down the doors, trying to get in? The value of a separate education, is that it is SEPARATE!
- Lilly Rush: You sound bitter, Moe.
- MAJ Kitchener: Because of this catastrophic experiment, an army of lawyers stand ready to shut down the institution I love. The one thing I share in common with my father, and his before him. Excuse me, if I forgot to shed a tear for Hank Butler's daughter!
- [Lilly Rush is questioning Moe Kitchener in a soundproofed room again.]
- Lilly Rush: Gotcha, Moe.
- MAJ Kitchener: [Casually] That so?
- Lilly Rush: Sent Ryan for that footlocker, made Cadet Butler's body disappear, and you framed Lawrence for the job.
- MAJ Kitchener: What? Now you're gonna tell me that kid is really dead?
- Lilly Rush: I just... I just know he didn't do it. That's all that matters.
- MAJ Kitchener: Stories. You're just telling yourself stories.
- Lilly Rush: You even tried to take out a cop.
- MAJ Kitchener: You?
- Lilly Rush: You're busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking competition, Moe!
- MAJ Kitchener: [Sighs] You can only keep the flood back for so long, Detective.
- Lilly Rush: The flood?
- MAJ Kitchener: Pretty soon it's gonna pull you down. For good.
- Lilly Rush: [Slamming her hands on the table right in front of Kitchener] You put that girl in a BOX!
- MAJ Kitchener: I put you there too, sweetheart.
- [Cracks appear in the walls, and water begins to flood in from under the door.]
- Lilly Rush: No... No, I got out! I got you!
- MAJ Kitchener: You're not from where I'm sitting.
- [The flood of water increases and Kitchener vanishes when Rush looks away; it is revealed she has been dreaming, unconscious after MAJ Kitchener rammed her car while she was driving across a bridge, attempting to murder her a second time.]
The Crossing [7.1]
Hood Rats [7.2]
- [Angry Moe Kitchener has made bail, Lilly Rush has been using her connections with city police to harass him. Moe knows Lilly is behind it, and pulls his car up right beside hers one evening.]
- Moe Kitchener: Big date tonight?
- Lilly Rush: I was just heading out to mess with you some more.
- [Lilly places her pistol in her right hand; she makes sure Moe sees it.]
- Lilly Rush: You wanna back up your car now?
- Moe Kitchener: Your car dry up or they get you a new one?
- Lilly Rush: I said back away.
- Moe Kitchener: You gonna shoot me, Detective? Now, how do you think that'll look after I've filed a complaint? The more you push, the less I have to lose.
Dead Heat [7.6]
Read Between The Lines [7.7]
The Good Soldier [7.11]
- SSG Mike Donley: It doesn't matter where you've been. It only matters where you go.
- Lilly Rush: It's been four years, Bobby. What took you so long to come forward?
- SPC Bobby Kerns: Special Forces. Went from training at Fort Bragg to two tours in Afghanistan. Just got home.
- Lilly Rush: A bus ticket doesn't prove he was with you.
- SPC Bobby Kerns: Ma'am, Army thinks one of its top soldiers is a criminal. You gotta make it right. Staff Sergeant Donley changed my life; the least I can do is honor his.
- [After a flashback scene showing Kevin Harkin's father arguing with him and SSG Donley, angrily refusing to allow his son to enlist]
- CPL Victoria Montero: The guy didn't get it. The more he fought, the more he pushed his son to enlist. That's how kids are.
- Lilly Rush: Is that what happened? Kevin enlisted?
- CPL Victoria Montero: He went infantry. He was maybe a week into deployment in Iraq... killed by a sniper.
- [In a flashback scene told by Jerry Harkin, Kevin's father, SSG Donley arrives at Kevin's funeral to offer his condolences. Jerry follows Donley, angry and meaning to confront him, but finds Donley speaking quietly with Kevin's younger brother, Ethan.]
- SSG Mike Donley: Ethan, right? Your brother talked a lot about you. I know what everybody must be telling you right now; that you gotta be strong for your pop, and you got big shoes to fill. But none of that answers your questions, right? About why all this had to happen? I wish I could tell you; I can't. No one can. But if you ever get sad about your brother, I want you to remember this.
- [The flashback ends abruptly; Jerry Harkin is trying to compose himself.]
- Jerry Harkin: Sorry.
- Lilly Rush: Take your time.
- Jerry Harkin: He, um... he told my son Ethan that... he shouldn't feel sad about never seeing Kevin again. Because, every time he saw a soldier on TV, on the news, on the street- anywhere- that... he was seeing a piece of Kevin. That Kevin was now... a part of something bigger. Now, I might not have agreed with Mike that much but... what he said stays with me today. It's how I get by.
The Runaway Bunny [7.12]
Two Weddings [7.15]
One Fall [7.16]
The Last Drive-In [7.18]
Free Love [7.20]
Almost Paradise [7.21]
- Kathryn Morris - Senior Homicide Detective Lily Rush (2003-2010)
- Danny Pino - Senior Homicide Detective Scotty Valens (2003-2010)
- John Finn - Lieutenant Homicide Commander John Stillman (2003-2010)
- Jeremy Ratchford - Senior Homicide Detective Nick Vera (2003-2010)
- Thom Barry - Senior Homicide Detective Will Jeffries (2003-2010)
- Tracie Thoms - Senior Homicide Detective Kat Miller (2005-2010)
- Justin Chambers - Junior Homicide Detective Chris Lassing (2003)
- Sarah Brown - Junior Homicide Detective Josie Sutton (2005)
↑Jump back a section
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language