A man has only one escape from his old self: to see a different self — in the mirror of some woman's eyes
Clare Boothe Luce (April 10, 1903 – October 9, 1987) was an American playwright, journalist, editor, ambassador and political figure.
- You see few people here in America who really care very much about living a Christian life in a democratic world.
- Europe in the Spring, ch. 12 (1940)
- Communism is the opiate of the intellectuals [with] no cure except as a guillotine might be called a cure for dandruff.
- A man has only one escape from his old self: to see a different self — in the mirror of some woman's eyes.
- You know, that's the only good thing about divorce; you get to sleep with your mother.
- Always remember, Peggy, it's matrimonial suicide to be jealous when you have a really good reason.