Charlotte's Web (2006 film)
Charlotte's Web is a 2006 live-action/computer-animated feature film based on the highly acclaimed and popular children's book of the same name. It is preceded by a 1973 cel-animated version produced by Hanna-Barbra for Paramount Pictures.
- Ike: Spider!
- Mrs. Zuckerman: I mean it was clear as day. T-E-Double R-I, I mean can you believe a spider wrote that? I didn't learn how to spell that word until I was in the 10th grade!
- Narrator: It's not often someone comes along that's a true friend and good writer. Charlotte was both.
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: Oh, Wilbur... don't you know what you've already done? You made me your friend and in doing so, you made a spider beautiful to everyone in that barn...
- Templeton: You're a pig! Pig equals slop. The rat is happy!
- Wilbur: My name's Wilbur! Do you have a name or is it just 'The Rat'?
- Templeton: Did you say 'just the rat'? For your information, pig: The rat rules! We were here long before your kind and we'll be here long after. So, you just keep that in mind next time you feel like reducing me to just 'the rat'.
- Wilbur: You called yourself 'The Rat'.
- Templeton: I can call me that. You can't.
- Wilbur: So you eat flies?
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: No... no, no. I drink their blood.
- Ike: Please, don't hurt me.
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: Well, since you said please. Hehe.
- Templeton: Look at her! Don't you think she's a little... uh... what's the word? EW!
- Wilbur: I think she's beautiful.
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: Wilbur... we're born, we live, and when our time comes, we die. It's just a natural cycle of life.
- Wilbur: No! Just climb down! I'll carry you the rest of the way! We'll go back to the barn and I'll take care of you!
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: No, Wilbur... I don't even have the strength to climb down.
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: No, my webs were no miracle, Wilbur. I was only describing what I saw. The miracle is you.
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: Goodbye... my sweet, sweet Wilbur.
- Wilbur: Goodbye, Charlotte. I love you.
- Homer Zuckerman: Well, what can I say about this pig that hasn't already been said? I know a lot of you folks have come out to the farm and you've seen the words, and a lot of you have asked me, 'how could this have happened?'. I don't know, but it has happened... at a time when we really don't see many miraculous things. Maybe we do. Maybe they're all right there around us everyday, we just don't know where to look. There's no denying that our own little Wilbur... he's part of something that's bigger than all of us. And life on that farm's just a whole lot better with him in it. He really is some pig.
- Templeton: The rat rules!
- Homer Zuckerman: How could this have happened? A miracle, in a time when we don't see many miraculious things!
- Wilbur: Since you said Salu-what, does this mean your my friend?
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: Well, let me think... Hmmm... Well... Yes.
- Wilbur: Ya-hooo!
- Brooks: I am gonna get me some rat!
- Wilbur: Great name!
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: You're very kind.
- Templeton: Don't go spreading it around.
- Wilbur: Templeton, Charlotte is very sick.
- Templeton: Yeah, and twisted.
- Mr. Arable: [Mr. Arable looks at pigs, finds a runt, and picks up an ax]
- Fern: What are you doing?
- Mr. Arable: Nothing, now go back to bed.
- Fern: You're not going to kill it, are you?
- Mr. Arable: It's a runt.
- Wilbur: [Wilber bangs his head into the fence and runs]
- Golly the Goose: [Flies to the fence, lands on it and stops] Run pig! Be free! I would if I could.
- Gussy the Goose: [Golly goes back inside the barn] Golly, it almost sounded like you said you would be free if you could.
- Golly the Goose: I meant if I were a pig.
- Charlotte A. Cavatica: Templeton, haven't you ever heard that good things come to those who wait?
- Templeton: No. Good things come to those who find it and shove it in their mouth!
|Julia Roberts||Charlotte A. Cavatica|
|Thomas Haden Church||Brooks|
|Cedric the Entertainer||Golly|
|Dakota Fanning||Fern Arable|
|Gary Basaraba||Mr. Zuckerman|
|Siobhan Fallon||Mrs. Zuckerman|
|Kevin Anderson||Mr. Arable|
|Essie Davis||Mrs. Arable|