Charles Thomson (artist)
Last modified on 22 May 2013, at 10:58↑Jump back a section
- Artists who don't paint aren't artists.
- Milner, Frank (ed): The Stuckists Punk Victorian [National Museums Liverpool, 2005], p. 134
- From The Stuckist Manifesto (1999) co-written with Billy Childish
- It has become an ongoing national joke.
- He disrupted things and that’s fine, but now things have been shaken up so much that it’s been shaken up into little bits and the little bits have been shaken up into even smaller bits. We are saying let’s put it all back together.
- Richard Moss, "Stuckist's Punk Victorian gatecrashes Walker's Biennial" 24hourmuseum.org.uk, 2004-09-17. Accessed 2007-02-01.
- On Marcel Duchamp.
- The Turner should be renamed the B&Q diy prize.
- Dalya Alberge, "One Man and His Boat Sail into a Storm over the Turner" The Times, 2005-12-06.
- On the 2005 Turner Prize winner, Simon Starling, who turned a shed into a boat and back into a shed.
- The result of walking round Tate Modern is not an experience of the marvel of creative profundity which gives meaning to life, but more akin to the detritus of a dryly analytical bureaucrat reverting to an infantile stage during an extended breakdown.
- "Interview with Charles Thomson of the Stuckists" artistica.com, 2006-01-29.