Sir Bruce Joseph Forsyth, (born 22 February 1928) is a British entertainer and showman who achieved celebrity on the show Sunday Night at the London Palladium, and has since presented game shows such as Play Your Cards Right, The Generation Game, and Strictly Come Dancing.
- You can be £3000* under, but not one penny over.
- *amount varied according to random selection
- The Price Is Right
- You're my favourites!
- I am not doddery, doddery I am [audience shouts "not!"]
- I'm in charge!
- What a lovely audience, so much better than last week!
- The big joke being that it was filmed in blocks of many shows in one day, and therefore it was the same audience.
- I'm the Joker full of jest, I play my cards close to my chest; but here's a pair that's worth revealing, come on dollies, do your dealing!
- When introducing his two "Dolly Dealers" on the older version of Play Your Cards Right
- I'm the leader of the pack and I'm such a jolly jack - and here they are, they're so appealing - OK dollies, do your dealing!
- Hang loose, we'll be back in a deuce!
- Don't touch the pack, we'll be right back!
- I'm the Joker of the pack, which makes me such a lucky Jack and if you like things that come in pairs, check out my fabulous Croupiers.
- When introducing his two "Dolly Dealers" on the newer version of Play Your Cards Right
- It could still be a big night if you play your cards right. Goodnight!
- (At the end of the show)
- Boy Bruce, the Mighty Atom - Forsyth's bill matter as a child performer in the 1930s/40s.
- Nice to see you, to see you... [the audience shouts "nice"]
- Here's my lovely Anthea, and isn't her frock wonderful, ladies and gentlemen? Come on, give us a twirl, my love!
- Let's meet the eight who are going to generate. [Eight contestants competed in the show]
- Let's have a look at the jolly old score board.
- When the series was revived, and Bruce's "Girl Friday" became Rosemarie Ford, this was amended to "What's on the board, Miss Ford?"
- Well never mind, but tonight could still be a big night if you Play Your Cards Right.
- On the contestants not winning the star prize
- You get nothing for a pair... [the audience would then shout "Not in this game"]
- You've won a Brucie Bonus!
- Didn't they do well?
- I'll make a note of that.
- Points make prizes. What do points make...? [the audience would then shout "Prizes"]