Brütal Legend (2009) is an action-adventure game created by Double Fine Productions and published by Electronic Arts for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, starring Jack Black as main character Eddie Riggs.
|This game article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I'm supposed to think you're a nun but I know you're really some kind of big ugly demon, so lets have it. [Battle Nun turns to face him] Aha! See? I knew it - big ugly demon! ... Kinda sexy though, in a weird way.
- Okay, I would ask nicely for some of your giant bass strings, but you don't strike me as the negotiating type, so out of personal respect, I'll just get right to the ass-kickin'.
- [rally cry.] Ass-kickers, unite!
- [rally cry.] Everything in that general direction must DIE!
- [follow command.] Okay, I'm the wiener, you're the bun. Come on over and let's have fun.
- [killing blow.] DECAPATATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!
- [in flight.] Silence, ground-walker!
- It smells like a whale… ate some cabbage… and died in your mouth… like a year ago.
- Move, toward the light!
- Gather 'round, me warriors!
- MOSH PIT!
- Let's form a heavy metal hurricane.
- I summon forth the angry forces of nature!
- Call of the Wiiiiiild, was my favorite book!
- Defend this pile of crap with your very lives!
- I told you not to climb that, you stupid, mother- [game asks player if they would like to allow swearing] -fucking piece of shit!
- So, are you the keeper of the Sacred Beer Tree?
- Eddie Riggs: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong time - like you should have been born earlier, when the music was... real?
- Roadie: Like the seventies?
- Eddie: No. Earlier... like the early seventies.
- Cult Monk: The day has finally come for us to serve our master
- Eddie: Uh hey. Heh, hey, I'm not your master.
- Cult Monk: No, you are not. [readies sword]
- Lars: What do you do with a bunch of kids who do nothing but bang their heads all day?
- Eddie: [wells up a little] ...Start a revolution, Lars.
- Three headbangers have smashed three statues of General Lionwhyte.
- Headbanger 1: Lionwhyte sucks!
- Headbanger 2: Death to Lionwhyte!
- Headbanger 3: I HATE statues!!
- Guardian of Metal: "Metal, Noise, Blood, and Fire! Tell me what you most desire."
- Eddie: Are you really gonna say that every time?
- Guardian of Metal: Yep.
- Eddie Riggs and the Guardian discuss his traditional greeting.
- Eddie: Wait, What do I have to do to get a fire tribute?
- Guardian of Metal: Please the fucking Gods of Metal, man! Figure it out!
- Eddie: Right, Okay, I'll be back soon, covered in Metal God love.
- Guardian of Metal: Oh God!
- Eddie: Wanna make out before we hit the water?
- Ophelia: In your dreeeeeeeeeeams!
- Eddie: By the way, my name's Eddie!
- Ophelia: I wish I never met you!
10. Black Tear Rebellion---- Humanity was enslaved by the Coil, and suffered their cruelty for ages, until a leader emerged and lead the humans in rebellion. He made them into an army, taught them to make weapons, cars, and clothing from the natural world. The man they called Riggnarok was so effective, the desperate Coil broke the seal on the Sea of Black Tears, knowing the allure and danger it had for humans. Those who drank first, intoxicated with power, renamed their uprising the Black Tear Rebellion. But madness eventually turned human against human and tore the movement apart. Riggnarok never gave in to the sorrow, and he alone survived. His rebellion crushed, he set off on one final mission to assassinate the Tainted emperor. He was never seen again.
11. Abomination Overdrive---- To ensure their dominance over the world forever, the Tainted Coil decided to hunt down the so called "future generations", and take back the wealth of knowledge so unfairly bequeathed to them by the Titans. They performed a ten-year ceremony of orgy and sacrifice that culminated with a gross perversion of time that sent their emperor - and their most bloodthirsty warrior - forward to the age of modern man. Along with the emperor, they sent along an idol of Ormagöden, which would return the traveler if a blood offering were made into its mouth. They also sent a small cadre of the emperor's slaves, not knowing that among them hid a murderous stowaway.
12. Maggots Devour the Corpse of Hope---- When Succoria arrived in the modern age, she made a horrible discovery - the future belonged to humans, not demons. They were the inheritors of the Titans' legacy, and their civilized world drained her of her spirit, her bloodlust, and her will to live.She could not return a failure, so she released her slaves and retired in defeat to a hidden cave. The stowaway, Riggnarok, stayed with her to complete his mission. But he could not bring himself to kill the pitiful, once-great warrior. Instead, he took care of her, and they became companions. Far away from their old world and its ancient battles, prejudices, and taboos, an intimacy developed, and then a coupling, and then, miraculously, a child. Its birth left Succoria lifeless, and Riggnarok took the child out of the cave, and raised him in the world of modern man, never telling him of his forbidden ancestry.
13. The Roadie---- Riggnarok lived out the rest of his life in peace, and when he passed, his son Edward found the idol of Ormagöden in his attic, mistaking it for a belt buckle. He wore it to remember his father, but when an accident let his blood fall into the beast's mouth, the spirit of Ormagöden was summoned, and the Fire Beast took Edward back in time to the Age of Metal. There, he found that his combination of roadie skills and demon blood allowed him -and him alone- to complete his father's mission: To slay the demon emperor, push back the flood of Black Tears, and fight for the freedom of his people and the glory of their Metal.