Blue Velvet is a 1986 film about an innocent young man who discovers that a dark underworld exists beneath the surface of his seemingly quiet hometown.
It's a strange world.
- Written and directed by David Lynch.
- All right. Let's hit the fuckin' road, we're givin' our neighbor a joy ride. Let's get on with it. Bye, Ben. Anyone, uh, want to go on a joy ride with us. [to Dorothy] How about you? Huh? Hey, no smile for Frank? No? OK. Fuck it. Let's go. Now it's dark. [shouting] Let's FUCK! I'll fuck anything that moves!
- [to Jeffrey] Don't be a good neighbor to her. I'll send you a love letter straight from my heart, fucker. Do you know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fuckin' gun, fucker. If you receive a love letter from me, you are fucked forever. Do you understand, fuck? I'll send ya straight to Hell, fucker!
- Fuck you, you fucking fuck!
- Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!
- Shut up! It's daddy, shithead. Where's my bourbon?
- In dreams, I walk with you. In dreams, I talk to you. In dreams, you're mine, all the time. Forever.
- Detective Williams: Well now Jeffrey, you found something which is very interesting to us. Very interesting. I know you must be curious to know more. But I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you now not only not to tell anyone about your find but also not to ask more about the case. One day, when it's all sewed up, I'll let you know all the details. Right now, though, I can't.
- Jeffrey: I understand. I'm just real curious like you said.
- Detective Williams: I was the same way myself when I was your age. I guess that's what got me into this business.
- Jeffrey: It must be great.
- Detective Williams: It's horrible too.
- Sandy: I don't know if you're a detective or a pervert.
- Jeffrey: Well, that's for me to know and you to find out.
- Frank: [wailing] Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy.
- Dorothy: Mommy loves you.
- Frank: Baby wants to fuck! Get ready to fuck. You fucker's fucker. You fucker. Don't you fuckin' look at me!...Baby wants blue velvet...Don't fuckin' look at me. Don't fuckin' look at me. Don't you look at me. Daddy's coming. Daddy's coming home. Don't you fuckin' look at me. Daddy's coming home...Don't you fuckin' look at me! [gets up, blows out the candle] Now it's dark. Stay alive baby. Do it for Van Gogh.
- Sandy: Well, aren't you going to tell me about it?
- Jeffrey: OK. It's a strange world, Sandy. Dorothy Vallens is married to a man named Don. They have a son. I think the son and the husband have been kidnapped by a man named Frank. Frank has done this to force Dorothy to do things for him. I think she wants to die. I think Frank cut the ear I found off her husband as a warning for him to stay alive. Frank, is, uh, a very dangerous man.
- Sandy: My god. Shouldn't you tell my father?
- Jeffrey: No. I can't do that. I can't prove any of this. I found out my information illegally. You could get into a lot of trouble.
- Sandy: You saw a lot in one night. It's a strange world.
- Jeffrey: Why are there people like Frank? Why is there so much trouble in this world?
- Sandy: I don't know. I had a dream. In fact, it was the night I met you. In the dream, there was our world and the world was dark because there weren't any robins, and the robins represented love. And for the longest time, there was just this darkness. And all of a sudden, thousands of robins were set free, and they flew down and brought this Blinding Light of Love. And it seemed like that love would be the only thing that would make any difference. And it did. So I guess it means there is trouble 'til the robins come.
- Jeffrey: You're a neat girl.
- Sandy: So are you. [laughs] I mean, you're a neat guy.
- Raymond: He's a pussy, Frank!
- Frank: Yeah, but he's our pussy. [Looks at Dorothy] Ain't that right, tits?
- Frank: Where's the glasses? That beer's gonna get warm. One thing I can't fuckin' stand is warm beer. It makes me fuckin' puke!
- Ben: Darling? Where's the glasses? Here, Frank. Here are the glasses. Here are the glasses.
- Frank: Raymond, where's the fuckin' beer man?
- Raymond: It's right here Frank. You want me to pour it?
- Frank: No, I want you to fuck it. Shit yes. Pour the fuckin' beer.
- Ben: To your health.
- Frank: Ah, shit, let's drink to something else. Let's drink to fucking. Yeah, say, "Here's to your fuck, Frank."
- Ben: If you like, Frank. Here's to your fuck.
- Frank: Suave, man. You're so fuckin' suave. [punches Jeffrey in the face, forcing him to toast Ben]
- Jeffrey: Here's to Ben.
- Frank: Be polite!
- Jeffrey: Here's to Ben.
- Ben: Thank you for the toast. That was a very nice neighbor. Did he hurt your little face? [punches Jeffrey in the stomach] That feel better?
- Paul: You ever been to pussy heaven?
- Jeffrey: [nervously] Uh, no.
- Frank: What did he say?
- Paul: [laughing] He said, "Uh, no."
Last modified on 21 August 2013, at 02:30