Interview with Oprah WinfreyEdit
- "Oprah Talks to Billy Crystal", O magazine, June 2004
- I did Bill Cosby's "Noah." Just took the routine from him, word for word, and didn't even think it was stealing. Years later my friends started calling me up saying, "There's this guy, Bill Cosby, who's doing your stuff!"
- I fell in love with the right person, a person I know and who knows me.
- When I've gotten criticism, it's that it's too long, too soft, didn't hit the government hard enough. Then when I do hit the government, they go, "What's he doing hitting the government?"
- Oprah: Is there a muscle you use for performing?
Billy: Yes — my brain.
- How do you find what's going to make everybody have this strange reaction in their bodies, this response that's sort of chemical and physical all at once—this noise and emotion that changes how you sit? A laugh is a weird sound, and when you get a couple thousand people making it at once, it's really strange. But when I can feel proud of myself for causing it, it's great.
- You are a charmer. You are the Jewish Cary Grant.
Last modified on 9 April 2014, at 14:00