Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar (April 14, 1891 – December 6, 1956), popularly known as Babasaheb, was an Indian jurist, politician, and economist. He was independent India's first law minister and one of the architect of the Constitution of India.
- Neither god nor soul can save society.
- In an Interview with BBC radio []
- Caste is not just a division of labour, it is a division of labourers.
- Quoted in the book, The Annihilation of Caste []
Political Science for Civil Services Main ExaminationEdit
N.D. Arora. Political Science for Civil Services Main Examination. Tata McGraw-Hill Education. p. 1–25. ISBN 978-0-07-009094-1.
- Every man who repeats the dogma of Mill that one country is not fit to rule another country must admit that a class is not fit to rule another class.
- For a successful revolution, it is not enough that there is enough discontent. What is required is a profound and thorough conviction of justice, necessity and importance of political and social rights.
- History shows that where ethics and economics come in conflict, victory is always with economics. Vs vested interests have never been be known to have willingly divested themselves unless there was sufficient force to compel them.
- In Hinduism, conscience, reason, and independent thinking have no scope for development.
- Indians today are governed by different ideologies. Their political ideal set in the Preamble of the Constitution affirms a life of liberty, equality and fraternity. Their social ideal embodied in their religion denies them.
- I was born a Hindu because I had no control over this, but I shall not die a Hindu.
- A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be servant of the society.
- It was not enough that India should get Swaraj. It was more important in whose hands the Swaraj would be.
- ...we are going to enter into a life of contradictions. In politics, we will have equality and in social and economic rights, we will have inequality.... We must remove this contradiction or else who suffer from this inequality will blow up the structure....
- If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.
- Equality may be a fiction but nonetheless one must accept it as governing principle.
- Majorities are of two sorts: (1)Communal majority and (ii) political majority. A political majority is changeable in its class composition. A political majority grows. A communal majority is born.The admission to a political majority is open. The door in a communal majority is closed. The politics of political majority are free to all to make and unmake. The politics of community majority are made by its own members born in it.