Berlin is the capital of Germany.
|This Geography article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- A disgusting city, this Berlin, a place where no one believes in anything.
- Cagliostro, 1775. Quoted in Gordon, Mel (2000). Voluptuous Panic: The Erotic World of Weimar Berlin, p.1. ISBN 092291558X.
- And now we come to the most lurid Underworld of all cities--that of post-war Berlin. Ever since the declaration of peace, Berlin found its outlet in the wildest dissipation imaginable. The German is gross in his immorality, he likes his Halb-Welt or underworld pleasures to be devoid of any Kultur or refinement, he enjoys obscenity in a form which even the Parisian would not tolerate.
- Netley Lucas, Ladies of the Underworld, 1927. Quoted in Gordon, Mel (2000). Voluptuous Panic: The Erotic World of Weimar Berlin, p.1. ISBN 092291558X.
- Berlin stimulates like arsenic.
- Berlin has become the paradise of international homosexuals.
- Ilya Ehrenburg, 1931. Quoted in Quoted in Gordon, Mel (2000). Voluptuous Panic: The Erotic World of Weimar Berlin, p.83. ISBN 092291558X.
- There are many people in the world who really don't understand, or say they don't, what is the great issue between the free world and the Communist world. Let them come to Berlin. There are some who say that communism is the wave of the future. Let them come to Berlin. And there are some who say in Europe and elsewhere we can work with the Communists. Let them come to Berlin. And there are even a few who say that it is true that communism is an evil system, but it permits us to make economic progress. Lass' sie nach Berlin kommen. Let them come to Berlin.