Back to the Future Part III is a 1990 sequel to Back to the Future. After traveling back to 1885, Marty McFly finds Dr. Emmett Brown and must save him from being shot to death by outlaw Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen.
- [after setting Marty free with his rifle] It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at 500 yards, Tannen! And it's pointed straight at your head!
- These are our boys: Jules... and Verne.
- [holding baby William] So you're my great-grandfather. The first McFly born in America. And you peed on me.
- [in 1955, Doc and Marty rent a tow truck to get the DeLorean out of the mine shaft; Copernicus freezes upon seeing an adjacent graveyard; Marty follows him and is in shock]
- Marty: DOC!! DOC!!
- Doc: Marty, what is it? You look like you have seen a ghost.
- Marty: You're not far off, Doc.
- Doc: [sees the tombstone] Great Scott!
- Marty: Look at this. "Died September 7th, 1885." That's one week after you wrote the letter! "Erected in memory by his beloved Clara." Who the hell is Clara?
- Doc: Marty, please don't stand there!
- Marty: Oh! Right. [steps off grave plot] I have to get another picture.
- Doc: "Shot in the back by Buford Tannen over a matter of $80." What kind of a future do you call that?!
- Doc: Well, good luck. For both our sakes. See you in the future.
- Marty: You mean the past.
- Doc: Exactly!
- Buford: You owe me money, blacksmith.
- Doc: How do you figure?
- Buford: My horse threw his shoe. And seein' as you was the one who done the shoein', I say that makes you responsible.
- Doc: Well, since you never paid me for the job, I say that makes us even!
- Buford: Wrong! See, I was on my horse when he threw the shoe and I got thrown off! And that caused me to bust a perfectly good bottle of fine Kentucky red-eye. So, the way I figure it, blacksmith, you owe me $5 for the whiskey and $75 for the horse.
- Marty: [under his breath] That's the $80!
- Doc: Look! If your horse threw his shoe, bring him back an I'll re-shoe him!
- Buford: I done shot that horse!
- Doc: Well, that's your problem, Tannen!
- Buford: Wrong! That's yours. So, from now on, you better be lookin' behind you when you walk, 'cause one day, you're gonna get a bullet in your back!
- [Doc has just saved Marty from being hung by Buford]
- Doc: Marty, you're going to have to do something about those clothes. You walk around town dressed like that, you're liable to get shot.
- Marty: Or hanged.
- Doc: What idiot dressed you in that outfit?
- Marty: You did.
- Marty: Clayton Ravine was named after a teacher. They say she fell in there a hundred years ago.
- Doc: A hundred years ago? That's this year!
- Marty: Every kid in school knows that story 'cause we all have teachers we'd like to see fall into the ravine.
- Doc: Then she was supposed to go over in that wagon, and... I may have seriously altered history.
- Doc: [mildly intoxicated] In the future, we don't need horses. We have motorized carriages called "automobiles." [barflies laugh]
- Barfly 3: If everybody's got one of these auto-whats-its, does anybody walk or run any more?
- Doc: Of course we run, but for recreation. Fun.
- Barfly 3: Run for fun? What the hell kinda fun is that?! [barflies keep laughing]
- [Marty and Jennifer are surprised at the Brown family's appearance]
- Jennifer: Doctor Brown, I brought this note back from the future and now it's erased.
- Doc: Of course it's erased!
- Jennifer: But what does that mean?
- Doc: It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one. Both of you.
- Marty: We will, Doc!
- Doc: Stand back! All right, boys, buckle up.
- Marty: Hey, Doc! Where you going now? Back to the future?
- Doc: Nope. Already been there.
- They saved the best trip for last... but this time... they had gone too far.
- See you in the summer! You mean Summer 1990.
- Meet Marty. He's the kid who gets back... 100 years earlier.
- When the heck are they? In the summer!
- Doc is dead... again. But this time... they broke the time barrier and destroyed the time machine.
Read in another language
This page is available in 3 languages