|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The blind man sits in the dark, but for guests he turns on the light. 12 Years Before Now, In Jerusalem, the Skies are Lower (1991).
- If the Blues were wine, I'd be drunk all the time. If the Blues Were Wine, 1/2 Precent Blues (1995).
- In Jerusalem, the skies are closer. In Jerusalem, the Skies are Lower.
- If you count the thorns, the flower disappears. The Rains, Anyhow.
- If I had plenty, I'd be content with what I have. If I Were a Cat.
- In Jerusalem, even the silence speaks. In Jerusalem, the Skies are Lower (1989).
- Mama Rhino cries out loud, his nose is always the issue, every time he wipes his nose, he rips apart the tissue. Friends of the Rhino (2005).
- Words flow under a bridge of silence. A Song For You (1980).
- Rain was the nemesis of the snow, and the snow for the flowers. I Answer as if Someone Really Meant to Ask, Birds of the Mind and Chameleons of the Heart (1978).
- Dry bones make good flutes The Hollow Flute, from "Voices Within The Ark" Howard Schwartz, Jewish Poets, [ISBN 978-0380761098].
- Inside every widow there's a spider that weaves it's webs in the corners of her heart. "Voices Within the Ark", ibid.
- So many lovers, yet there is no love. Birds of the Mind and Chameleons of the Heart (1978).
- To bend down for money is OK, but to bow is not. Introduction to Money, Power, and Honor, In Jerusalem, the Skies are Lower (1989).
- Once, my wife would make me coffee. These days, she hardly puts the kettle on. Distance and other Measures (1994).
- when a fool fails he says I was unlucky, when a wise man fails he says what a fool I had been. Song "If I was a Cat" live version. (2003 Blues Festival)
- When you have a full bouquet you can't sit back and smell each flower. Artist Pages.
- The mind is like a sea, few are those who dare sail, most stand on the shore and watch. Artist pages. (A.S.)
- The Blues is an acoustic tear. (on his Album "Blues Haor Haganuz")
From "Distance and other Measures", Don from Mars/ Somebody's Crazy and it Ain't Me.
- Dr.Lindenstrauss: So tell me Don, why don't you go back there?
- Don: Are you nuts? If I go back to Mars, and tell them that I came from Earth, they would put me straight in an insane asylum.