Assassin's Creed II is an action adventure game for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows PC. The game depicts the story of an assassin in the late fifteenth century on a quest for revenge against those responsible for the betrayal of his father and two brothers.
Ezio Auditore da FirenzeEdit
- A minute is all I need... (Cristina: Indeed...) Wait, that came out wrong.
- I'm mostly innocent!
- Requiescat en pache. (Rest in peace.)
- I thought... I thought I was beyond this... But I'm not. I've waited too long... lost too much... Requiescat in pace, you bastard.
- niente è vero, tutto è permesso. Requiescat in pace. (Nothing is true, everything is permitted. Rest in peace)
- (About the coffee) A little bitter, if you ask me. It just seems lacking somehow. I don't know, have you considered adding sugar maybe? Or latte (milk)?
- It's been over ten years since I watched my father and brothers die. Ten years hunting down the men responsible. I'm close to the end now, but no closer to understanding what any of it was for!
- Vai a farti fottere. (Go fuck yourself)
- It's over, Rodrigo. [casts aside his sword and weapons, for a fair fight] No more tricks. No more ancient artifacts. No more weapons. Let us see what you are made of, old man.
- The Auditore are not dead! I'm still here! ME! Ezio! Ezio Auditore!!
- Vittoria agli Assassini! (Victory to the Assassins!)
- Bastardi! (Bastards!)
- Buongiorno, bello mio. (Hello, my beautiful). You back to see me already?
- You may not see it, Ezio, but it's better here because of the things you've done.
- Abstergo has some really fucked up interior decorators...
- .../...All right. I'm in. Tell me what you need.
- Ah... Good ol' subject 16. He repainted my room, you know? ...With his blood.
- What the fuck?
- Che la morte ti dia la pace che cercavi. Requiescat in pace. (May death provide the peace you sought. Rest in peace.)
- Don't you recognize me? It's-a me, Mario!
- Woman [running away during attack/fight] I can't die! I am beautiful!
- Woman [got pushed by Ezio free running] Am I annoying to you, sire? (in a very high-pitched voice)
- Man 1 [witnessing Ezio free run/climb] He must be late.
- Man 2: And she must be beautiful.
- Guard : Figlio di Puttana ! (Son of a Whore!)
- Federico: It is a good life we lead, brother.
- Ezio: The best. May it never change.
- Federico: And may it never change us.
[Desmond sits in the Animus 2.0.]
- Desmond Miles: So, how does this work?
[Rebecca shows him a needle connected to the Animus.]
- Desmond: Of course...
- Rebecca Crane: Deep breath...
[Rebecca "plugs" Desmond in.]
- Desmond: Agh!
- Shaun Hastings: Oh, what are you, a tiny child?
- Rebecca: [exasperated] Shaun!
- Shaun: Well...
- Desmond Miles: [While trying to escape Abstergo] What's the plural of "Animus"? Is it "Animuses"? "Animi"? What do you think, Lucy? ...Lucy?
- Lucy Stillman: Desmond. Shut-the fuck-up. Please!
[while helping Leonardo da Vinci.]
- Maria Auditore: You should find an outlet.
- Ezio Auditore: I have plenty of outlets.
- Maria Auditore: (seriously) I meant besides vaginas.
- Ezio Auditore: Mother....
- Uberto Alberti: You would have done the same. To save the ones you love.
- Ezio Auditore: Yes. I would. And I have. [to the crowd] The Auditore are not dead!! I'm still here! ME! Ezio! Ezio Auditore!
[Ezio is meeting with Antonio, leader of Venezia's thieves.]
- Antonio: Avanti, Ezio! Prego. Can I offer you something? Biscotti (Biscuit)? Un caffe (A coffee)?
- Ezio: What's "caffe"?
- Antonio: An interesting concoction given to me by a Turk merchant. [hands him a cup] Here, have a taste.
- Ezio: [takes a sip] A little bitter if you ask me. It just seems lacking somehow. I don't know - have you considered adding sugar maybe? Or latte? (milk)
- Antonio: I suppose it's something of an acquired taste.
[Vieri di Pazzi is confronting Ezio.]
- Ezio: Buona sera (Good afternoon), Vieri. We were just talking about you! I'm surprised to see you here. I thought the Pazzi hired others to do their dirty work.
- Vieri: It's your family that cries for guards when there's trouble, cordardo (coward). Afraid to handle things yourself?
- Ezio: Your sister seemed quite satisfied with the "handling" I gave her earlier!
[Ezio and his men laugh]
- Vieri: [enraged] Uccidetelo (Kill him)! [throws a rock, which hits Ezio in side of his face.]
[Leonardo da Vinci and Ezio Auditore are on their boat to Venice]
- Leonardo da Vinci: Be careful, Ezio. Do you know who that was?
- Ezio: My next conquest?
- Leonardo: I don't think so, Ezio! That's Caterina Sforza, daughter of the Duca di Milano. Her husband is-
- Ezio: Husband?
- Leonardo: Si. (Yes.) Her husband is the Lord of Forli. That woman is as powerful and dangerous as she is young and beautiful.
- Ezio: Sembra come una donna per me. (Sounds like my kind of lady.)
- Ezio Auditore: Do not be afraid.
- Emilio Barbarigo: I feel no fear, Assassin. Only regret. I sought unity. Stability. Order.
- Ezio Auditore: At too great a cost.
- Emilio Barbarigo: Progress demands sacrifice.
- Ezio Auditore: Non trovo alcuna gioia in questo, ma non c'e altro modo (I take no joy in this, but I see no other way). Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace).
- Ezio Auditore: Now Firenze will judge you for what you've done.
- Francesco de' Pazzi: It's over... It's all over...
- Ezio Auditore: Meglio essere felici in questa vita che aspirare a esserlo nella prossima (Better to be content in this life, than aspire to it in the next). Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace).
- Jacopo de' Pazzi: (gasping, bleeding to death)
- Ezio Auditore: Vai, amico, libero da fardelli e paure (Go forward, friend, unburdened and unafraid). Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace).
- Ezio Auditore: What are you and your allies planning? Is this what my father discovered? Is this why he was killed?
- Vieri de' Pazzi: I'm sorry, were you hoping for a confession? [dies]
- Ezio Auditore: [outside the Memory Corridor] Pezzo di merda! Vorrei solo che avessi sofferto di più! Hai avuto la fine che meritavi! Spero che bru- (Piece of shit! I only wished you'd suffered more! You met the fate you deserved! I hope yo-)
- Mario Auditore: Enough, Ezio! Show some respect!
- Ezio Auditore: Respect!? After all that's happened!? Do you think he would have shown us such kindness!?
- Mario Auditore: You are not Vieri. Do not become him. [closes Vieri's eyes] Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)
- Marco Barbarigo: No, it's too soon. I'm not ready.
- Ezio Auditore: We rarely are. Che la morte non sia crudele. (Death be not unkind.) Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)
- Ezio Auditore: What's happened here? Why the boats? I thought you sought the Doge's seat.
- Silvio Barbarigo: Just a distraction. We were meant to sail...
- Ezio Auditore: Sail where?
- Silvio Barbarigo: I'll never tell. [dies]
- Dante Moro: Cyprus is their destination. They want...they...want...
- Ezio Auditore: Non temete l'oscurita - accettate il suo abbraccio (Fear not the darkness - but welcome its embrace). Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace).
- Ezio Auditore: It takes one Assassin to kill another, it seems.
- Carlo Grimaldi: We kill thinking it's best for us, do we not, Messer Ezio?
- Ezio Auditore: I do this not for myself. Compio questo sacrificio per il bene superiore (I make this sacrifice for the greater good). Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace).
[in the Animus scene, Ezio has an unconscious Rodrigo Borgia at his mercy]
- Ezio Auditore: I thought, I thought I was beyond this. But I'm not... I've waited too long...lost too much! [prepares to deal the death blow] Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace), you bastard...!
- Rodrigo Borgia: [regains conciousness] I don't think so! [knocks Ezio away] NO!! [knocks him back again as he charges. Uses the Staff's power to drain the energy of all in the Capella Sistina (Sistine Chapel), except Ezio, whose Apple protects him] How is it you resist? [notices the Apple] I see... Kind of you to bring me the Apple. Now give it here!
- Ezio Auditore: Vai a farti fottere. (Go fuck yourself)
- Rodrigo Borgia: [laughs] Ahh, always the fighter. Just like your father. Well - rejoice, my child - for you will see him again SOON! You WILL give it to me!
- Ezio Auditore: [takes the Apple] As you wish. [summons four copies of himself]
- Rodrigo Borgia: Fascinating! An impressive power, this. But if you think it's going to save you, you've another thing coming! [during the fight] How long do you think you can keep this up? A clever trick! But useless! [after Ezio overpowers him; kneeling] No! You will not take this from me...
- Ezio Auditore: [holding his sword toward Rodrigo] It's finished, Rodrigo. Lay down your arms, and I will make sure the end comes swiftly.
- Rodrigo Borgia: Really, Ezio? And would you give up so easily were it the other way around? [uses the Staff's power to knock Ezio back] Why don't we find out! [turns invisible; steps on Ezio's hand, who releses the Apple; picks it up] At last! [places the Apple on the Staff] And now to deal with you. [lifts Ezio a few inches above the ground with the Staff and Apple's power; takes a dagger and stabs Ezio, who goes unconscious; lets Ezio fall to the ground]
[Rodrigo descends a hidden passage, whose door shuts as Ezio awakens from unconsciousness; he uses Eagle Vision to find the hidden switches to open the passage. Ezio then descends the staircase into a strange glowing hallway]
- Ezio Auditore: What is this place...? [finds Rodrigo in a small "pit," against the Vault door]
- Rodrigo Borgia: [pounding on the door] Open, damn you! OPEN!!
- Ezio Auditore: It's over, Rodrigo. [starts throwing his weapons aside] No more tricks. No more ancient artifacts. No more weapons. Let us see what you are made of, old man.
- Rodrigo Borgia: Alright, then, if that's how you want to play it. [gets in fighting stance]
[As Rodrigo and Ezio fight for the last time in the Vault.]
- Ezio Auditore: What do you even want with the Vault, Rodrigo!?
- Rodrigo Borgia: (surprised) Don't you know what lies within!? Or do you mean to tell me the great and powerful Assassins never figured it out!?
- Ezio Auditore: Figured what out?
- Rodrigo Borgia: GOD! It's God that dwells within!
- Ezio Auditore: (skeptical) You expect me to believe God lives beneath Il Vaticano?
- Rodrigo Borgia: A more logical location than a kingdom on a cloud, don't you think? Surrounded by singing angels and cherubim. Makes for a lovely image, but the truth is far more interesting!
- Ezio Auditore: Let's say I was to believe you; what do you think he'll do when you open that door?
- Rodrigo Borgia: I don't care. It's not approval I'm after—only power!
- Ezio Auditore: And you think he'll give it up!?
- Rodrigo Borgia: What lies beyond that wall will not be able to resist the Staff and Apple. They were made for felling gods!
- Ezio Auditore: God is supposed to be all-knowing, all-powerful. You think a couple of ancient relics can harm him!?
- Rodrigo Borgia: You know nothing, boy. You take your image of the Creator from an ancient book; a book, mind you, written by men!
- Ezio Auditore: You are the Pope! And yet you dismiss the central text of your faith!?
- Rodrigo Borgia: (laughes coldly) Are you really so naïve!? I became Pope because it gave me access. It gave me power! Do you think I believe a single goddamn word of that ridiculous book!? It's all lies and superstition, just like every other religious tract written over the past ten thousand years!
[after Ezio defeats Rodrigo]
- Rodrigo Borgia: You can't! You can't! It's my destiny! Mine! I am the prophet!
- Ezio Auditore: You never were.
- Rodrigo Borgia: Get it over with, then.
- Ezio Auditore: ...No. Killing you won't bring my family back... I'm done. Nulla é reale, tutto é lecito (Nothing is true, everything is permitted). Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)
[Dr. Warren Vidic is confronting Desmond and the others as they evacuate.]
- Dr. Warren Vidic: You continue to disappoint in every conceivable way, Ms. Stillman! I saved your life once, do you remember!? And this is how you repay me!?
- Lucy Stillman: You saved me so you could keep experimenting on people—destroying their lives!—and for what!?
- Dr. Warren Vidic: [sighes] Oh, this tired argument again. As I recall, you were there—at my side—every step of the way. Their blood is on your hands just as much as mine!