Antz is a 1998 computer animation film produced by DreamWorks Animation, released October 2, 1998 in United States. It features the voices of well-known actors such as Woody Allen, Dan Aykroyd, Sharon Stone, Jennifer Lopez, Sylvester Stallone, Anne Bancroft, Gene Hackman, Christopher Walken and Danny Glover as various members of an ant society. Some of the main characters share facial similarities with the actors who voice them.
- All my life, I've lived and worked in the big city, which now that I think of it, is kind of a problem since I always feel uncomfortable around crowds. I mean it, I-I have this fear of enclosed spaces. I-I-I, everything makes me feel trapped all the time. You know, I always tell myself, there's gotta be something better out there, but maybe I think too much. I-I-I think everything must go back to the fact that I had a very anxious childhood. You know, my, my mother never had time for me. You know, when you're - when you're the middle child in a family of five million, you don't get any attention. I mean, how's it possible? And I've always had these, these abandonment issues, which plagued me. My father was basically a drone like I've said, and, you know, the guy flew away when I was just a larva. And my job, don't get me started on, 'cause it really annoys me. I was not cut out to be a worker, I'll tell you right now. I-I-I feel physically inadequate. I, I, my whole life I've never, I've never been able to lift more than ten times my own body weight, and, and when you get down to it, handling dirt is, you know, ewwww, is not my idea of a rewarding career. It's this whole gung-ho super-organism thing that, that, that I - you know, I can't get, I try but I can't get it. I mean you know, what is it, I'm supposed to do everything for the colony, and, and what about my needs? What about me? I mean, I gotta believe there's someplace out there that's better than this! Otherwise, I will just curl up in a larval position and weep! The whole system makes me feel - insignificant!
- I've got to believe there's someplace better for me. Otherwise I'll just curl up into a larval position and weep.
- Will you calm down? You're not going to let a little near-death experience ruin your mood, are you?
- There you have it. Your average 'boy-meets-girl, boy-likes-girl, boy-changes-underlying-social-order' story. So, what else can I tell you? We rebuilt the colony - it's even better than before, you know, 'cause now it has a very large indoor swimming pool. Bala and I, incidentally, are thinking of starting a family. You know, just a few kids, maybe a million or two to begin with. And I'm, I'm workin' with a new therapist, you know, terrific, absolutely terrific. He's, he's been putting me in touch with my inner maggot, which is helping me a great deal. And, you know, I finally feel like I found my place, and you know what? It's right back where I started. But the difference is, this time I chose it.
- Princess Bala: Labor? What do you know about labor? How would you feel if you were expected to give birth every 10 seconds for the rest of your life?
- General Mandible: Sacrifice. To some, it is just a word. To others it is a code. The life of one individual ant does not matter. What matters is the colony. And each soldier knows that he's willing to live for the colony...to fight for the colony...to die for the colony.
- Weaver: [to Z] Are you nuts?! You want me to switch places with you? Do you have any idea how much trouble you can get in even talkin' about impersonatin' a soldier? You can get in trouble just for listening to someone talkin' about impersonatin' a soldier! [Everyone who was listening in pretends to fall back asleep]
- Z: Please, Weaver, please. Think of all the things I've done for you.
- Weaver: [pauses] Hm. Can't think of any.
- Z: Okay, well, think of all the things that I'm gonna do for you!
- Mosquito: What if, like, we're just these tiny things...and we're just, like, part of this whole other huge universe...that's, like, so big we don't even know it exists?
- Ladybug: Man, that is so deep.
- Z: Let me ask you something - what made you come to the bar that night?
- Bala : I guess I was looking for a little trouble.
- Z: Well, trouble's my middle name. Actually, my middle name is Marion, but I don't want you spreading that around.
- Every ant has his day.
- Every ant runs the colony.