Anne Lamott (born 10 April 1954) is an American author.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- ..I thought the secret of life was obvious: be here now, love as if your whole life depended on it, find your life's work, and try to get hold of a giant panda.
- Hard Laughter
- 100 years from now? All new people.
- All New People
- You can safely assume you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.
- Traveling Mercies; on page 22 of Bird by Bird she attributes this to "my priest friend Tom"
- Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison, and then waiting around for the rat to die.
- Traveling Mercies
- "...You need to fall deeply in love with your self."
- live at a book signing in sacramento, ca
- Laughter is carbonated holiness.
- Plan B
- When you're conscious and writing from a place of insight and simplicity and real caring about the truth, you have the ability to throw the lights on for your reader.
- Bird by Bird
- Joy is the best makeup.
- Grace(Eventually): Thoughts on Faith
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language