- You know what they say about slugs. They always leave slime in their tracks.
- The flesh is weak, Johnny. Only the soul is immortal. [darkly] And yours belongs to ME [eyes chillingly shine yellow].
- They say there's just enough religion in the world to make men hate one another, but not enough to make them love.
- No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, your reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
- Louis Cyphre: Are you an atheist?
- Harry Angel: Yeah, I'm from Brooklyn.
- Harry Angel: How did he die?
- Cop: Technically? Asphyxiation by his own genitalia.
- Harry Angel: And not so technically?
- Cop: Somebody cut his dick off, stuffed it in his mouth and choked him to death.
- Louis Cyphre: Some religions think that the egg is the symbol of the soul, did you know that?
- Harry Angel: No I didn't know that.
- Louis Cyphre: Would you like an egg?
- Harry Angel: No, thank you. I got a thing about chickens. [Sees Cyphre crunching an egg]
- Harry Angel: What's your name?
- Epiphany Proudfoot: Epiphany Proudfoot.
- Harry Angel: Your mother left you a very beautiful name, Epiphany.
- Epiphany Proudfoot: Not much else.
- Harry Angel: She was doing my chart. I gave her Johnny's birthdate, February 14th. Except someone got to her and took out their own Valentine card. They split her open, and they cut out her heart. I guess she couldn't predict the future for herself.
- Louis Cyphre: The future isn't what it used to be Mr. Angel.
- Harry Angel: "Louis Cyphre"... "Lucifer". Even your NAME is a dime store joke.
- Louis Cyphre: "Mephistopheles" is SUCH a mouthful in Manhattan, Johnny.
- Cop: You're going to burn for this, Angel.
- Harry Angel: I know. In hell. [Sees his grandson's eyes glowing]
- It will scare you to your very soul.
- Harry Angel is searching for the truth... Pray he doesn't find it.
- Harry Angel has been hired to search for the truth... Pray he doesn't find it.
- Nothing can prepare you for the ending of Angel Heart.
↑Jump back a section
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language