Anders Fogh Rasmussen
Anders Fogh Rasmussen (born 26 January 1953) is a Danish politician of the centre-right Liberal party, Venstre, and the 12th and current Secretary General of NATO. Rasmussen served as Prime Minister of Denmark from November 27, 2001 to April 5, 2009.
- Iraq has WMDs. It is not something we think, it is something we know. Iraq has itself admitted that it has had mustard gas, nerve gas, anthrax, but Saddam won't disclose. He won't tell us where and how these weapons have been destroyed. We know this from the UN inspectors, so there is no doubt in my mind.
- In support of the Danish participation in the invasion of Iraq, 2003
- I was deeply distressed that the cartoons were seen by many Muslims as an attempt by Denmark to mark and insult or behave disrespectfully towards Islam or Mohammed.
- In relation to the Danish cartoon affair, 2005 
- That's what it's like when people have crawled very high up in a tree, then they sometimes need help to get down with ladders and ropes and other instruments.
- The good thing is that all the symbolic elements are gone, and that which really matters – the core – is left.
- On the Lisbon Treaty, Jyllands-Posten, 25 June 2007
- It could never happen in Denmark, Danish people are much more calm than those further south.
- Asked about the killing of 4 protestors by the police in Albania during anti-government protests; 7 Febryar 2011,