An American Tail: Fievel Goes West is an animated film produced by Steven Spielberg's Amblimation animation studio and Universal Animation Studios, and released by Universal Pictures. It is the 1991 sequel to the 1986 film An American Tail, the second film released in the American Tail series, and the fourth installment in terms of the series' fictional chronology. It was directed by Phil Nibbelink and Simon Wells.
- Hey, I know you! You sold us the tickets! Hi, my name is Fievel Mousekewitz!
- [stops the fire over the hawk] Ah, uh-oh. Naaaaaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhh!! Water!
- I see you're missing an eye, pilgrim! Now this makes it a fair fight! That's right, I'm talking to you, furhead!
- [Before leaving New York on a train] Bye, Tiger. Wherever you are, you're the best cat I ever met.
- [Unhappily, to Miss Kitty] I'm not pretty.
- Papa, they're throwing fruit and vegetables at me again!
- Very funny... someday, I'll be a big star. People will come for miles around.
- I must stay. My public needs me!
Cat R. WaulEdit
- Now pay attention. Cats and gentle mice, lend me your ears. It is my distinguished pleasure to invite all of you... to share our dinner... triumph! To share our triumph! Today we herald in a momentous... new feast... ival. "Feastival..." festival. To mark this brilliant and illustrious snack occasion, I will, with these golden scissors, hereby cut the red... ribbon.
- [run off the under train] Mouse overboard! I just love the flying aah!
- [playing the cards] I don't think so. I got 7 mores!
- [talking to self] Chula do this, Chula do that! [imitates Cat R. Waul] I'm a good looking spider, no? There's lot's of old women who'd want to marry me!
- [singing] The itsy bitsy spider caught a mouse in his web. The itsy bitsy spider... BIT OFF THE MOUSE'S HEAD!
- Whoops... Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! Cat got your tongue?
- [After escaping a dog by hopping on a caboose] Haha! Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah! Your mother was never housebroken! Toodle-oo!
- [After accidentally swallowing Fievel] I think a little endive went down the wrong tube...
- Wylie Burp: [in Fievel's daydream] It's too tough, kid. Get out while you still can.
- Fievel: If yer bitin' the dust, I'm goin' down with ya!
- Tanya: You'll see. Someday I'll be a big star! People will come from miles around.
- Fievel: Yeah, to eat!
- Tanya: Look Mama! An actor... and a singer!
- Mama: Tanya, stop that. You shouldn't stare at people less fortunate than yourself!
- Tiger: [trying to stop Miss Kitty leaving] Uh, can we have an espresso and talk this over, please? Please?
- Miss Kitty: Listen, Tiger. You're an alley cat, born and bred!
- Tiger: How true—!
- Miss Kitty: I got a ticket to sunshine and I'm going west. I heard there's a town that promises a new frontier—and a brand new breed of cat!
- Tiger: Is there anything wrong with my breed?
- Miss Kitty: City cats got too much "purr" in their fur, none of "growl" in their howl! Look at you. You catnap—cat around—and heck—I don't mean to be mean, but—you're even a little bit of a fraidycat.
- Tiger: Who told you that?! I'm no 'fraidycat'! I'll show you - I'll show them - I'm no 'fraidycat'!
- Miss Kitty: Tiger! I don't want a tomcat, tough cat, or even a tough tabby, I just want - how do I say this? I just want a cat... who's more like a dog. [sees her stagecoach] That's my ride out west. Now show me you're tough, and don't make a big fuss when I leave, 'kay?
- Tiger: You don't mean—this is goodbye?!
- Miss Kitty: Hey, there are no goodbyes between you and me, Tiger. After all, we'll always have the Bronx. Here's looking at you, kid. [she leaps onto the stagecoach]
- Tiger: The Bronx, that's right, the Bronx. I won't make a fuss— I can handle it— I... [he breaks down in tears]
- Miss Kitty: [watching as Cat R. Waul arrives] Well, well, will you look what the cat dragged in - [sees Tanya] - a mouse! That's a first!
- Cat R. Waul: Not just any mouse! This is a diva!
- Miss Kitty: A diva schmiva! You put a mouse on the stage and your saloon's gonna be as empty as Death Valley on a cold day in June when the snow don't fall.
- Cat R. Waul: What? They'll love her—they'll adore her—and those who don't will answer to me!
- Miss Kitty: Anything you say—Pussypoos.
- Cat R. Waul: [resuming his dignified bearing] Yes, I have mentioned that I dislike being referred to as 'Pussypoos'.
- Miss Kitty: Yeah? Well, maybe I'm not so happy about being dumped in Nature's ashtray five hundred miles from a pastrami sandwich, either, Pussypoos!
- Cat R. Waul: [irritated] Yes, I think I just mentioned, didn't I, that I dislike being referred to as Pussypoos?!
- Miss Kitty: As for the mousette, I'll get her on the stage for ya.
- Cat R. Waul: See that you do! [bows to Tanya] Farewell, my diva! [leaves in a Phantom of the Opera manner]
- [Wylie Burp, Fievel and Tiger are standing on a tall mesa]
- Wylie Burp: Now walk down there and back. [Tiger takes three steps across the mesa and three steps back to Wylie] No, no. You're walking like a French poodle. Now get down on all fours.
- Tiger: Are you sure? This really goes against my ways... [Wylie kicks Tiger onto the ground]
- Wylie Burp: Now roll. [Tiger starts to roll around the mesa] Give yourself a dirt bath. Now you're getting it.
- Fievel: Come on, Tiger! We're rooting for you!
- Wylie Burp: Now, stand up. [Tiger does so] Suck in your ponch, boy! [Tiger puffs up his chest] Now, walk, one foot in front of the other, really slowly.
- [Tiger starts to walk; every time he steps, flatulence can be heard; Tiger then falls off the mesa and then flies around like a deflating balloon until he falls to the ground]
- Tiger: I hurt myself.
- Tiger: Bark. [Bark echoes through the mine] Woof, woof! [Tiger listen to his woof echoes] Bow-wow-wow, woof, woof! [Laughs; but stops] Woof, woof, RRRUFF!
[Tiger barks as he sings along to the mine as Fievel and Wylie smile with delight that Tiger has finally gotten it and shake hands]
Wylie Burp: It's too tough, kid. Get out while you still can.
- Tiger: Okay! Toodle-oo!
[Fievel grabs him by the tail]
- Fievel: Hey, Tiger, give them the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy eye!
[Tiger smiles with Fievel's idea and he, Wylie and Fievel do the Lazy Eye sending the cats running and screaming]
[After Tiger tosses all the cats onto the mousetrap he confronts Chula holding Miss Kitty hostage]
- Tiger: You harm one patch of fur on her and I'll tear you apart!
[Chula shoots a web at Tiger, but Tiger grabs it and twirls his web as a lasso with him trapped on it]
- Tiger: One leg at a time!
[Throws Chula onto Cat R. Waul's head and Miss Kitty falls from the building, but Tiger catches her before she hits the ground]
- Tiger: Okay, Wylie!
- Wylie Burp: Let 'em rip, kid!
- Fievel: Yes, Sir, Mr. Burp Sir!
[Fievel shoots the giant gun and jumps off and it cuts the ribbon flinging Cat R. Waul and his men into the sky. Fievel, Wylie Burp, Miss Kitty, Tiger, Gaston, Red, Micheal, the Mousekewitzes, and the mice watch as they land in a mail bag near the train tracks]
- Cat R. Waul: And now--
[Before he can finish, a train grabs the mail bag, thus breaking open the water tower]
- Cat R. Waul: RRRRREVENGE!
- Woman: Oh, Pussypoos!
- Cat R. Waul: Oh, no!
- Woman: Come to Mommy darling! [Dresses him up in baby clothes and hugs him tightly] Mommy's going to take care of you forever, and ever and ever! [Laughs]